Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mcbpete wrote:
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:Basically we don't want new customers now
That's a daring strategy, I appreciate the honesty :wink:
LMAO

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Please note how pleasant is my answer to your violent post.
Simply stating facts is somehow "violent" in Giancarlo's world. Yes, you're really listening...

man, I can agree with the content (which I'm reading carefully), but your words are quite harsh if you ask to me.
Also you are expressing your facts, I'm expressing my point of view on them.

@soulone82 :D

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:The beauty of internet, you can search everything and everything is written on the rocks.
G is looking for the phrase 'written in stone' or rather 'set in stone' here (ie like Moses tablets) rather than 'written on the rocks' which sounds kind of funny and might hurt or it might please depending on whose rocks are getting written on.

edit: on second thought, written on the rocks really does sound better :hihi:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Ahaha thank you

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:rocks

I know it's basic Marketing 101 but a premium price does not automatically make it a premium product. That said, Acustica do have a unique point of difference with the engine that powers their plugins, closeness to analog etc - puts them a separate category. When you're charging that pricetag though you gotta back it up with "premium" aftersales service, loyalty etc. AA have made some strides in this area with their installation app but Tokyo Dawn they are not.

cfanyc wrote:Congratulations on your wins. By the same logic CLA and Schepps, multiple
GRAMMY winners with some of the BIGGEST BANDS/ARTISTS in
their portfolios have never mixed with an aqua or nebula in their lives
and have been using the "plastic" "inferior" "algos" waves and slate ITB (among other plugin makers).
CLA recently mixed ITB a previously released song of his that had been done
solely on analog using slate tools and 800 people who participated in an online BLINDED poll could not
tell the difference (50% split of votes).

So yes, keep using the magical mythical "3D" super dooper
acustica audio, and you and only you, will continue ruling the mixing world
of your "local bands", and be the undisputed mixing champion of your bedroom, lol.
Thanks for the sarcastic compliments. I'll take what I can get.

I never said algorithm plugins were bad, just that they aren't as good. In fact, I still choose algorithm compressors/limiters/delays/reverb over AA plugins for the most part.

As for famous mix engineers, you do realize they are working with material that is recorded in world class studios? And that material is recorded by very talented musicians with high end instruments in excellent sounding rooms? Big name audio engineers have the benefit of nice EQ/compressors being used on the way in, before analog to digital conversion. The mix is 80% done if it is tracked well enough.

That said, I am mixing material that was recorded usually with low to middle range gear in rooms not necessarily designed for recording straight off the preamp. Not ideal material at all.

While algorithm plugins were good for their day, it was not until I started using Nebula based plugins where I could really squeeze every bit of quality out of the tracks I record or am given. So, the EQs and compressors that are already used on tracks CLA or Andrew Shepps mixes? I now get to use a close proximity of them but for a lot less money.

On the rare occasion I receive tracks that were recorded with high end gear, they are much easier to mix. I can use algorithm plugins and the mix will sound pretty damn good. It's those pesky low end microphone, low end instrument, low end preamp, low end converters, and low end room acoustics tracks that really benefit from Acustica Audio plugins.

But hey like I said, the less engineers using AA plugins the better. A lot already are. I'd like to keep this technology all to myself though! :)

AudioGuy720 wrote:. It's those pesky low end microphone, low end instrument, low end preamp, low end converters, and low end room acoustics tracks that really benefit from Acustica Audio plugins.
theres huge amount of digital artifacts tied to algo plugin world...and theres even bigger amount of digital artifacts tied to Nebula sampling approach - only these artifacts are new and very different and it takes a lot of time and pain to realize this fact...nebula church doesnt want to hear this, but crap in crap out rule still apply here so you simply CANNOT expect to record with low end hardware and use Nebula as a fairy dust to make resulting mix great...this snake oil kind of marketing is silly in the long run and even the most stupid person in audio world will - in the end - find that buying decent hw for tracking is much more preferred option than spending crazy amounts of money for some "magical" but useless software...

We don't have artifacts any more
Just check pink 2 and ruby
- No aliasing (check the fft of sine at any frequency)
- No harmonic chirping/artifacts (check bode diagrams at any input level)
- No transient smearing till nyquist (check noise in phase response)
- Very minimal preringing (check that impulse response)
- Very long taps (1 second/ 96000 samples) (check the impulse response)
- Very accurate harmonic distortion (you can compare sweep tones captured on hardware and software)
- Linear till 10 Hz (check magnitude)
- No echo/no ir truncation (check impulse response)
- No phase distortion, even at nyquist (check bode phase diagrams)
- No state variable quantization errors (it is a fir filter, we don't have state variables)

What you want to measure next? There is something unknown in 2018 about audio? Something magic (no pun intended) to measure yet?

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:We don't have artifacts any more
Just check pink 2 and ruby
- No aliasing (check the fft of sine at any frequency)
- No harmonic chirping/artifacts (check bode diagrams at any input level)
- No transient smearing till nyquist (check noise in phase response)
- Very minimal preringing (check that impulse response)
- Very long taps (1 second/ 96000 samples) (check the impulse response)
- Very accurate harmonic distortion (you can compare sweep tones captured on hardware and software)
- Linear till 10 Hz (check magnitude)
- No echo/no ir truncation (check impulse response)
- No phase distortion, even at nyquist (check bode phase diagrams)
- No state variable quantization errors (it is a fir filter, we don't have state variables)

What you want to measure next? There is something unknown in 2018 about audio? Something magic (no pun intended) to measure yet?
I dont need to measusure anything, why should I? I have done my Nebula homework already /and repeatedly!/ and learned my lesson-thanks to you-, I will remember the results forever...maybe you can still fool some people with fairy tales like these but not me, sorry, I have collected some hw meantime and I can go on...

You are speaking about nebula and maybe old commercial libraries. Something was created 11 years ago. But if you want to compare how the technology evolved you should consider the state is art of it. Grab pink2 and tell me which is the weak point of the product.
The are also nebula developers offering libraries with very minimal artifacts

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:You are speaking about nebula and maybe old commercial libraries. Something was created 11 years ago. But if you want to compare how the technology evolved you should consider the state is art of it. Grab pink2 and tell me which is the weak point of the product.
The are also nebula developers offering libraries with very minimal artifacts
if you give me pink2 i promise i will use it :D

I like their stuff!I think it's worth it.

Not sure why people have to put other people down, disparage their assumed position in the music industry, just because they happen to like some software that they don't. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves? Who knows?
John
"B4serenity"

Duplicate post! :dog: Not sure how to delete
Last edited by b4serenity on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
"B4serenity"

Return to “Effects”