Spectrasonics sluggish after recent updates?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just to add my voice to you all. I thought I was going mad until I found this.

So, diagnostic screeny sent to Spectrasonics 5 days ago. Same problem as everyone here. Even simple wave forms can take several seconds. No word yet, but you're right... my work is being affected here. Working on new projects I'm just moving away from Omnisphere which is a shame.

Trilian load time for Clean Fender - Full Range - 15 sec

Omnisphere 2 - 1:45

Go figure.

One would hope that something with such a clear discrepancy between two of the company's own products running the same engine would mean its a fault that's easy to find. Easy to type, I know....

I do think its a shame that Eric doesn't post any more, and no-one from Spectrasonics really keeps up to date with forum things either. James, the odd comment on threads such as this to let us know things are being worked upon would be most welcome I feel.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:One would hope that something with such a clear discrepancy between two of the company's own products running the same engine would mean its a fault that's easy to find. Easy to type, I know....

I do think its a shame that Eric doesn't post any more, and no-one from Spectrasonics really keeps up to date with forum things either. James, the odd comment on threads such as this to let us know things are being worked upon would be most welcome I feel.
They actually told me via email that they do monitor forum threads like KVR, but I guess they just don't want to participate. I can hardly blame companies from wanting their people to stay away from forums, though a word of reassurance could help in a situation like this.

As for it being an easy issue to find and fix. Well we can hope however the issues are with the V2 steam engine it would seem, so hopefully it's not something so deep in it and hard to figure out. how they ever let the performance become so far from what it was in V1 is troubling though.

My last e-mail from support stated my information was forwarded to developers. I took the previous ZIP downloads for the Program and Patches and installed them last night. Seems to be better and not getting the message that patches were created with a newer version of Omnisphere. It was rather quick and easy to do. Though, now I'm so confused. In general, it is definitely faster and feels more what I am used to. But I still get a few hiccups and can't remember if that was normal. It's hard to tell because now I'm spending focused time on hammering away and testing it rather than my normal use. In any case, I'm leaving it with the previous release for now. Nothing from the new version I need and it limits me from submitting patches to sound libraries.

hexdex wrote:Trilian load time for Clean Fender - Full Range - 15 sec

Go figure.
Actually I should add that I've resisted updating Trilion. And will continue to resist!

I'm still on: 1.4.3d

hexdex wrote:
hexdex wrote:Trilian load time for Clean Fender - Full Range - 15 sec

Go figure.
Actually I should add that I've resisted updating Trilion. And will continue to resist!

I'm still on: 1.4.3d
FYI - I've updated Trilian to the latest and I don't seem to have the same issues with it as Omnisphere 2.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: FYI - I've updated Trilian to the latest and I don't seem to have the same issues with it as Omnisphere 2.
Thanks for the heads up. It just makes the whole situation even more ridiculous really.

Yes it's slower after the last update. At first I thought it was the preset browser that was slow but it's slow and pages like the mod matrix looks like it's a 15fps video when there's lots of modulation going on.

Seems to me it's worse in stand alone compared to when I'm using it in Cubase. Might be some clever threading code by Steinberg that helps when used as plug-in perhaps?

hexdex wrote:Just to add my voice to you all. I thought I was going mad until I found this.

So, diagnostic screeny sent to Spectrasonics 5 days ago. Same problem as everyone here. Even simple wave forms can take several seconds. No word yet, but you're right... my work is being affected here. Working on new projects I'm just moving away from Omnisphere which is a shame.

Go figure.
don't be so impatient with Omniwait. :P
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
hexdex wrote:Just to add my voice to you all. I thought I was going mad until I found this.

Go figure.
don't be so impatient with Omniwait. :P
:lol: Patiencesphere.

Like I mentioned earlier, I used the previous zip downloads for the software and patch installs. I've been working with them since Thursday and I never felt slowed down or concerned these last few days. Used it live yesterday and never felt worried something wasn't going to work. I was concerned I was going to have to wipe Omnisphere clean and start over, but I haven't noticed any issues yet by simply installing the zip files. I just want to give feedback and an option to try if anyone wants to go back to the previous version.

Still frustrated and dissapointed with Specrasonics 'support'. Two weeks in and absolutely no response from them. I've been with them since Atmosphere days and they've really gone down hill with their CS so just feeling a bit let down.

hexdex wrote:Still frustrated and dissapointed with Specrasonics 'support'. Two weeks in and absolutely no response from them. I've been with them since Atmosphere days and they've really gone down hill with their CS so just feeling a bit let down.
I had to email them twice to get a response. They said the first one got lost, so I forwarded it. Maybe try again as they seem to lose support requests? I don't know what's going on over there.

Good news - I received an email from Spectrasonics support with a new vst dll, which I tested and the issue with slow loading of soundsources and patches. Seems back to normal! So that's good. They said it does not address the sluggishness of the GUI when set to alternate sizes, but they are aware of it.

So look forward to an update soon!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Good news - I received an email from Spectrasonics support with a new vst dll, which I tested and the issue with slow loading of soundsources and patches. Seems back to normal! So that's good. They said it does not address the sluggishness of the GUI when set to alternate sizes, but they are aware of it.

So look forward to an update soon!
That IS good news, thanks for reporting, Echoes.

If this is stable I hope they push it out soon, rather than wait ages for them to figure out the alt size GUI thing too.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”