Haas fx in the mix?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did anybody use haas effect in the mix?I did try it ones and the result was terrible - composition was ok but not knowing what i do fctup entire mix hahahha.Any ideas :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:Did anybody use haas effect in the mix?I did try it ones and the result was terrible - composition was ok but not knowing what i do fctup entire mix hahahha.Any ideas :)
Yeah, I've tried using Haas before and it sounded awful in my mix too.

Do you mean Haas panning ?

If so, I experimented with it once and noticed the effect seems to be dependent a lot where in the stereo field you're listening, plus it's not good for mono compatibilty.
So I went back to 'traditional' power panning / balancing.

Try only on mid, mid/high frequencies instruments (synth pad, guitars etc), never on bass or kick... ;-)

I use it in mastering stage on whole master track with my secret(pls don't tell anybody) settings at around 90 seconds delay along with soundgoodizer and izotope imager at full load, sounds good if you ask me.

:D

No_Use wrote:Do you mean Haas panning ?

If so, I experimented with it once and noticed the effect seems to be dependent a lot where in the stereo field you're listening, plus it's not good for mono compatibilty.
So I went back to 'traditional' power panning / balancing.
if you listen to it on monitors you are still hearing/using Haas every time you do power panning, at least if you still got both working ears :hihi:
p.s.:and thats why Haas effect is so good with headphones and overkill/mess with monitors...

Turello wrote:Try only on mid, mid/high frequencies instruments (synth pad, guitars etc), never on bass or kick... ;-)
Nothing wrong with it on Bass, wouldn't use it on Sub bass mind you.

I think in general it's a good and classic effect but used maybe only on 1 or 2 elements. :)

:phones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Agility wrote:
Turello wrote:Try only on mid, mid/high frequencies instruments (synth pad, guitars etc), never on bass or kick... ;-)

I think in general it's a good and classic effect but used maybe only on 1 or 2 elements. :)
In theory you could do all...
In practice you could kill the mono compatibility...

Use it all the time... Mainly to make certain percussive elements sound 'wider' in the mix. I use it a lot on sound FX elements and one shots as well.

I wouldn't use it on bass personally... As Turello said, it would screw with the mono. That said, if you split the bass frequencies you could use it on the tops (that way the low end would be left intact).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

That's what you get when using too much Haas fx
BTW as a dutch kid I've had that chorus in my head....... :party:

Turello wrote:
Agility wrote:

In theory you could do all...
In practice you could kill the mono compatibility...
'Could', not always. It can work well, point is never say never. :)

No_Use wrote:Do you mean Haas panning ?
For panning I thinks it's better to use a dedicated binaural panner....

But for making an element wide (eg. hi-hats) Haas (2-20 ms) is fine.

Return to “Effects”