Air Hybrid 3 Praise

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whatta?! <- My first reaction. Bought this for 1€ last year but now it's the first time I played with it.

Very nice synth actually. Maybe not a desert island synth, though if this was the only one given, I wouldn't complain.

Sound is.. Somehow familiar, Novationish maybe? Instant late 90's / early 2000 trance .

And that mid light bar shines lovely :D

Hybrid 3 is highly underrated in my opinion. It has a wonderful character that allows it fill a niche alongside other synths such as Sylenth, Hive and Dune.

Highly recommended especially for $1, the only drawback being the Copy Protection. But if you can get past that it opens up the possibility to use other great Air synths such as XPand!2, Loom, Transfuser, etc..... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Hybrid 3 is highly underrated in my opinion.
Air products are being sold for a dime. We always underrate what is cheap.
But there is pretty nice stuff in that suite. Loom is also underrated.
Vacuum pro is also pretty nice. The tube sound is a tad fake for me but still a nice synth.

Yes they do tend to under value their synths with insane low prices. I think I got XPand!2 at a crazy low price as well and it's turned out to be a very useful synth. I think I might have bought Transfuser on sale too. I got Hybrid 3, Loom, and Vacuum Pro free with the purchase of my Akai MPK261 so I've paid very little for Air plugins and have gotten a great deal of use out of them. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Stefken wrote:
..... We always underrate what is cheap. .....
The same happens with WusikStation, which is now V9.

Teksonik wrote:Yes they do tend to under value their synths with insane low prices. I think I got XPand!2 at a crazy low price as well and it's turned out to be a very useful synth. I got Hybrid 3, Loom, and Vacuum Pro free with the purchase of my Akai MPK261 so I've paid very little for Air plugins and have gotten a great deal of use out of them. :)
Hybrid 3 and XPand!2 were both 1€, latter being very useful and obviously first mentioned too.
Vacuum Pro and Loom were 12€, though Vacuum Pro was given away for free in CMM a month later after I bought that. 12€ isn't a big loss but a bit questionable way of making business to first sell with crazy low price and then making it free.

manandmusic wrote:
Stefken wrote:
The same happens with WusikStation
I think I got 8000 and V8 for free last year.. Didn't manage to get any sound out, got bored/annoyed and haven't installed them since :lol:

But back to Hybrid 3.

The sequencer is simple but works. Actually I like it. Easy to make some basic sequences. But there's 2 sequencers per layer to make things complicated :love:

I think Hybrid is a really solid synth. Good sounding filters and pretty easy. My favorite AIR Music product is Velvet personally. Huge versatility in some nice electric piano sounds.

Distorted Horizon wrote:12€ isn't a big loss but a bit questionable way of making business to first sell with crazy low price and then making it free.
But in the end you got some nice synths for 12€ so it's hard to be too upset. :)

Yes their business practices are a bit strange. I often wonder how much more money they would bring in if they dropped the iLok soft manager, and went with a simple serial number. That and updated GUIs would probably net them a lot more than selling great plugins for a buck. But what the heck do I know.... :shrug:

On the subject of Hybrid's Arps you can import your own midi files which is a very cool feature.

Distorted Horizon wrote:
manandmusic wrote:
Stefken wrote:
The same happens with WusikStation
I think I got 8000 and V8 for free last year.. Didn't manage to get any sound out, got bored/annoyed and haven't installed them since :lol:
My comment was NOT addressed to you!
Even more, if you did not get any sound out of WusikStation or 8000.

It is good at 80's pop sounds, sounds compact, I also like the sound of the filters and oscillators, at least the single waveforms (the stacked ones not so much). I like the musical, pleasant resonance, nothing crazy or wild.
The effects sound pretty good for a synth as well.

Would be cool if they made a new, improved version (envelopes, GUI etc.).
But I wonder how much money they have left for development when they keep giving their stuff away almost for free.

I imagine inMusic Brands has pretty deep pockets. How much they want to invest in Air Music upgrades is another matter entirely. :shrug:

http://www.inmusicbrands.com/

Wow, are they buying up brands? I wonder where all the money comes from, smells fishy to me 8)

one of the unique sounding VA, it has not anything common with plugins like Spire, Sylenth1, Hive or Zebra. It has a unique vintage analog characteristic.. And indeed Hybrid is highly underrated..

I remember i had a big issue with it, where the sound stopped, when you tweaked a parameter. The unison? I can't remember. Made me stop using it immediately.

Return to “Instruments”