Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update? (Poll now multiple choice)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update?

Beatscape/Cyclone (or some hybrid of the two)
3%
Pentagon
6%
PSYN
3%
Rapture Pro
27%
Session Drummer
2%
SFZ/SFZ+
8%
Studio Instruments
1%
Z3ta+
44%
Other
2%
Fish
3%
Triangle
2%

Total votes: 236

RELATED
PRODUCTS

robotmonkey wrote:
AnX wrote:They look like they are app based, any signs they might do vst updates at all?
Truth to be told I don't think they will be updating any of the Cakewalk software. Instead I see them integrating all the acquired bits into their online DAW to turn it into something similar to the failed Ohmforce online daw.
I have the exact same expectations.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Z3ta+ has already been updated to Z3ta2+

promidi wrote:Z3ta+ has already been updated to Z3ta2+
Isn't that kind of like saying Absynth 4 was updates to Absynth 5? :wink:

So got this message today:
Please jump in and do this in the next two weeks so we can tag your Cakewalk ID to your new account as we migrate databases and wind down the legacy server. Your BandLab account will be what you use to authenticate and activate the new flagship product when it is launched and will bring more features and services to your Cakewalk experience in the future.
Two weeks. Hope it goes more smoothly than when Cakewalk was doing migration to new servers. It took their support several months to move everything over in my account.

Edit: I'd rather have them elaborate a bit more about what their plans are for the future before I sign up for some sh1tty cloud service.
No signature here!

It is too bad what Cakewalk did (or rather didn't do) to René Ceballos' rgc:audio products after they acquired them in 2005. He sold them treasure and what did cakewalk do? exactly what cakewalk does.. not much.

I really wanted to see Pentagon 1 become Pentagon 2 with some revising to the sound engine and GUI and a 64bit port. But they didn't seem to do anything with it.. I don't even think they added the software to user profiles. At least it isn't on mine and I owned the whole RGC bundle. Only thing that lists are Z3ta+ and sfz. I think triangle was a freebie though.

Those products were decent back in their day, but could have been so much more had they been given attention by someone who knew what they were doing (such as Rene' himself).

So they haven't worked on an alternative way to authorize their old products as announced, but instead, you have to register with yet another company now. Seriously, Cakewalk is the worst company i have ever dealt with. No wonder they have been pushed off by several parent companies now.

Bandlab? wtf..how about making new synths and don't waste time on cakewalk crap.

They had a problem (needs softsynths) and threw money at it.

(bidule sforzando : Free SFZ Player --
SFZ is a royalty-free format and can be used by software developers for both free and commercial purposes.)
- WonderEcho -

Jace-BeOS wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:
AnX wrote:They look like they are app based, any signs they might do vst updates at all?
Truth to be told I don't think they will be updating any of the Cakewalk software. Instead I see them integrating all the acquired bits into their online DAW to turn it into something similar to the failed Ohmforce online daw.
I have the exact same expectations.
They have announced plans to issue a desktop DAW as a companion to their optional cloud collaboration service.

Owners of Sonar will be given a free crossgrade to their new flagship DAW, based on the Cakewalk code BandLab bought from Gibson. The name and branding of the DAW will change.

Nothing has been announced yet about the instruments. But BandLab does own the code now, so they could use it at some point.
Last edited by zzz00m on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Teksonik wrote:I voted Z3ta+ but if given a second vote I would have gone for Pentagon 1. I have always enjoyed it's sound. They never made a 64 bit version did they ? I'd install Pentagon 1 again in a heartbeat if they did..... :tu:
It seems to have made its way to 64-bit, but only as a DXi, not VST. You can open DXi in Reaper by adding the Cakewalk Shared DXi folder to the plugin scan path, if you have the DXi instruments installed on your PC.
mumpcake wrote:I listed Pentagon because the DXi wasn't that stable in 64 bit and I'd like to see a 64 bit VSTi. There are also a lot of things I think they could do with it.
I like the Pentagon sound too. It would be nice to have that updated and returned from the dead!

One issue I found with the Pentagon 64-bit DXi in Sonar was a loud feedback loop when certain speaker simulators were activated in some presets.

VitaminD wrote:It is too bad what Cakewalk did (or rather didn't do) to René Ceballos' rgc:audio products after they acquired them in 2005. He sold them treasure and what did cakewalk do? exactly what cakewalk does.. not much.
Misleading. Rene went to work for Cakewalk. He developed their synth products for several years.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
VitaminD wrote:It is too bad what Cakewalk did (or rather didn't do) to René Ceballos' rgc:audio products after they acquired them in 2005. He sold them treasure and what did cakewalk do? exactly what cakewalk does.. not much.
Misleading. Rene went to work for Cakewalk. He developed their synth products for several years.
Right. Rene was behind the development of the original Dimension Pro and Rapture at Cakewalk.

First and foremost they should stop sending me unwanted spammail. I did not give that new company permission to spam me.

How is that info mail about the migration of Cakewalk accounts into Bandlab's system spam? You prefer to not get notified that you have to make the switch to continue being able to authorize your plugins?

zzz00m wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Right. Rene was behind the development of the original Dimension Pro and Rapture at Cakewalk.
Actually Dimension Pro was first just Dimension as DXi created for the then Project5 Ver 2... they realised how good it was and then issued it as a VSTi for PC and if I remember correctly Mac... Project5 Ver 2.5 only came with Dimension LE... and I had no more to do with Cakewalk except pick up zeta and Rapture when they gave them away for free... :wink:

toonertik wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Actually Dimension Pro was first just Dimension as DXi created for the then Project5 Ver 2... they realised how good it was and then issued it as a VSTi for PC and if I remember correctly Mac... Project5 Ver 2.5 only came with Dimension LE... and I had no more to do with Cakewalk except pick up zeta and Rapture when they gave them away for free... :wink:
My point was that was all Rene's work at Cakewalk. He did a lot more than just sell RGC:Audio to Cakewalk. He left Cakewalk before Z3TA+2 and Rapture Pro were released. Too bad he was not still around for those, I'm sure they would be better!

Return to “Instruments”