Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update? (Poll now multiple choice)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update?

Beatscape/Cyclone (or some hybrid of the two)
3%
Pentagon
6%
PSYN
3%
Rapture Pro
27%
Session Drummer
2%
SFZ/SFZ+
8%
Studio Instruments
1%
Z3ta+
44%
Other
2%
Fish
3%
Triangle
2%

Total votes: 236

RELATED
PRODUCTS

zzz00m wrote: My point was that was all Rene's work at Cakewalk. He did a lot more than just sell RGC:Audio to Cakewalk. He left Cakewalk before Z3TA+2 and Rapture Pro were released. Too bad he was not still around for those, I'm sure they would be better!
Yes, I totally agree, as it was he who did the original Dimension and Rapture..
Cakewalk thought they could just add a Pro .. hmmm... sorry I meant a Pro_sufix and ..
Oh NVM :lol:

chk071 wrote:How is that info mail about the migration of Cakewalk accounts into Bandlab's system spam? You prefer to not get notified that you have to make the switch to continue being able to authorize your plugins?
Yes I just got the email and signed up. Not considered spam here. I view it as a sign of positive progress. They still haven't made it clear what their plans are..... "upgrades or crossgrades in the future, if and when they are available".

But it's certainly more positive than knowing Cakewalk products will just die a slow death. It will be interesting to see what the future brings. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

zzz00m wrote: My point was that was all Rene's work at Cakewalk. He did a lot more than just sell RGC:Audio to Cakewalk. He left Cakewalk before Z3TA+2 and Rapture Pro were released. Too bad he was not still around for those, I'm sure they would be better!
Rene is a very smart dude and he is the one person that any company should bring onbaord if they want an innovative and inspired synth line..

Most of his ideas were the genesis behind the Cakewalk synths from when he joined the company and Rapture Pro and Z3TA+2 are basically just his original code with a new GUI...

I like the idea of Rapture Pro incorporating Dimension Pro and Rapture and reading both FLAC and WAV files...It would be cool if you had the option to stream from disc,but Rene told me that he preferred to have the samples stored in RAM...

For bigger SFZ files however,the option to stream from disc would be great...He gave me a special version of SFZ+ that was able to read GIGA files,but I can't remember if that one streamed from disc...

Rene also told me that he coded PSYN and a few others for Project 5,so he was contributing to the Cakewalk synths before he officially joined the company...

So before any decision on which Cakewalk synth Bandlab resurrects,the focus should be on getting Rene back into the driver's seat...

That would be the smartest move that they could ever make :wink:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

So I got an email to sign up at their site today to transfer over my Cakewalk account but where do I find my products? - all I see is their app

aMUSEd wrote:So I got an email to sign up at their site today to transfer over my Cakewalk account but where do I find my products? - all I see is their app
All you need to do is create an account at BandLab using the same email address that matches your Cakewalk.com account. They will do the rest in the near future. For now your products are still in your original Cakewalk account.

And just FYI, TDFKAS refers to The DAW Formerly Known As Sonar' ... :)
---- UPDATE 21/3/2018 ----

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for the insights & feedback you’ve shared in the past month. I know you’ve been waiting patiently for more news on TDFKAS and the rest of the Cakewalk products. We’re now very very close to announcing our product plans - we're ahead of schedule and you’ll hear it from me here first - so watch this space.

Before that happens though, as part of the preparation for product relaunch we’ll be sending everyone who previously registered a Cakewalk account a request to sign up for a BandLab account. It’s free, it’s secure and it doesn’t mean you are obliged to use BandLab's social music platform features (although there are plenty of good collaboration options and other features in there - you can read more about them here).

Signing up for a new legacy Cakewalk account is no longer available and for those who have accounts, the reason for this is that we will be tagging your Cakewalk ID to your new BandLab account as we migrate databases and wind down the legacy server. Starting very soon, your BandLab account will be what you use to authenticate and activate TDFKAS and replaces the old Cakewalk account. As part of feature development, it will also bring more features and services to your Cakewalk experience in the future should you choose to use them.

We decided to do it this way (opt-in) instead of auto-creating an account for everyone because we didn't want to force a new user account on anyone - we apologise that it's a little bit extra work but we hope that you understand! It's important to note that in order to ensure you get the right upgrade or crossgrades in future, you'll need to sign up for BandLab with the same email you used for your Cakewalk products.

For the thousands of you who have already signed up for BandLab with the same email address as your Cakewalk account - you won’t need to do anything! We’ve already automated the tagging of your Cakewalk ID to your new BandLab account.

Also, we had some questions in earlier forum threads about BandLab’s Terms of Use, particularly around ownership, licensing and copyright.

For avoidance of doubt: Nothing you share on BandLab belongs to us - we take no ownership of your creation. Our T&Cs regarding BandLab getting a license to use content purely allow BandLab as a service to actually function - i.e. we need a license for BandLab as a service to play back your own song to you, or anyone else you share it with. Based on feedback in this forum we have clarified these points in layman's terms in our Terms of Use - so thanks to those who took the time to read our terms and give us feedback - we are always open to your comments and finding ways that we can do better...

I’m sorry that I can’t share any more information about what we're baking with TDFKAS just yet… we’re so close, and we can’t wait to reveal the full picture very soon! I have a sneaking suspicion you guys will be really pleased with the news. Thank you again for all your support thus far - it really means the world to us and we hope we won't disappoint.

Best,
Meng
Windows 10 and too many plugins

hey aMUSEd,
I think just letting them know your Cakewalk mail will allow them to migrate you.
I just did the same

Yeah, that's the way i understood it too. I also signed up now, when you do so clicking the link in the mail, they already fill in your Cakewalk user name, and email address, and you just have to choose a password, and you're set for the migration, i think. I'm curious to see how they will do the software authorization now. I guess it won't change at all, as they will hardly change the software, or will they?

nix808 wrote:hey aMUSEd,
I think just letting them know your Cakewalk mail will allow them to migrate you.
I just did the same
Yes I did that but I don't see anything migrated.

zzz00m wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
VitaminD wrote:It is too bad what Cakewalk did (or rather didn't do) to René Ceballos' rgc:audio products after they acquired them in 2005. He sold them treasure and what did cakewalk do? exactly what cakewalk does.. not much.
Misleading. Rene went to work for Cakewalk. He developed their synth products for several years.
Right. Rene was behind the development of the original Dimension Pro and Rapture at Cakewalk.
Not misleading on purpose.. just misinformed on Rene's involvement. I wonder if Dimension Pro and Rapture were his designs or more what the company wanted?

Pentagon 1 got no attention.. Zeta+ got a v2 upgrade that was imo disappointing... It seems like once Cakewalk got a hold of his software it went downhill in direction and execution.

The Zeta+ 2 upgrade stands as the only product I regret spending money on... that was back at a time when they didn't have a demo.. had to buy blind. Never again.

Rene has a Twitter account but I don't see any indication he is still involved in programming plugins or audio software any longer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rgcaudio
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

VitaminD wrote: Not misleading on purpose.. just misinformed on Rene's involvement. I wonder if Dimension Pro and Rapture were his designs or more what the company wanted?

Pentagon 1 got no attention.. Zeta+ got a v2 upgrade that was imo disappointing... It seems like once Cakewalk got a hold of his software it went downhill in direction and execution.

The Z3ta+ 2 upgrade stands as the only product I regret spending money on... that was back at a time when they didn't have a demo.. had to buy blind. Never again.
Rene is RGC Audio and the brains behind the SFZ format which is an integral part of Rapture,Dimension Pro and a few other goodies...

He developed Square 1,Triangle,Pentagon,SFZ+ and Z3TA+ etc before the rights to those products were acquired by Cakewalk...

I am not sure what happened with that relationship,but without Rene's involvement,it quickly became a piece of ship without a rudder :help:

That is typical of many corporate acquisitions...

Without the genius in control,it all turns to merde....

I think that the small improvements the Cakewalk team made to Rapture Pro and Z3TA+2 were OK,but it was more like a coat of paint ...

If Rene had been involved,the progress would have been revolutionary :wink:
No auto tune...

It is a sad story

but you can pry my copy of Dimension out of my cold,dead hands
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Although RGC is killer-
both PSYN and Dimension have an interpretive MIDI problem that is unnecessary in software.
They do not pass MIDI as it is given, there's like some sort of noise filter.
The Roland GrooveSynth doesn't do this.
In software we can go faster than midi spec-
even up to 11025hz of note on note off.
Rene's PSYN and Dimension may adhere to the bandwidth of the hardware spec.
No other VSTi s do this- just these 2 DXi s

I am losing information that I need in my MIDI guitar app/VSTfx-
but can workaround by running over physical cable.

I’ve spent my morning signing up for a band lab account and hoping my plug migrates over somehow. I foresee a cluster.

What exactly is band lab and why do I have to sign up before I can find out more?
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Return to “Instruments”