Native Instruments Effects underrated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote:
shonky wrote:Some pretty nice stuff in Guitar Rig too, almost missed it with the other goodies in Komplete. Loving the filterbank and the ability to hook up different sequencers and LFOs to any parameter.
Thanks for pointing at this. Overlooked it completely! :tu:
Indeed, guitar rig is so much more than just an amp simulator (and to be honest the amp models aren't the best out there these days though still ok depending on what you want to do), you can get some marvellous effects going with all the modulation etc.

zerocrossing wrote:Does anyone think that Molecular is worth having if you already own Reaktor and MXXX?
Yes, definitely! Molekular is a world on its own. Deep, strange, powerful.

Molekular workflow is nice and is fun to play with, especially next to Melda and some Reaktor.
Downside, it uses a really serious amount of cpu if you really go deep.
ImageImageImageImage

martinjuenke wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:Does anyone think that Molecular is worth having if you already own Reaktor and MXXX?
Yes, definitely! Molekular is a world on its own. Deep, strange, powerful.
Thanks! Got it in the marketplace...
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

highkoo wrote:The NI effect I use the most is Transient Master.
Same here! It's absolutely unique sounding and awesome. It's my go-to transient shaper plugin for most things.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

martinjuenke wrote:
shonky wrote:Some pretty nice stuff in Guitar Rig too, almost missed it with the other goodies in Komplete. Loving the filterbank and the ability to hook up different sequencers and LFOs to any parameter.
Thanks for pointing at this. Overlooked it completely! :tu:
You and me both. Was looking at GAS objects the other day and decided to see what was in GR and realised I already had a fair proportion of what I was looking to purchase. In a way, this is kinda what puts me off buying bundles as it's often difficult to keep track of what's actually there but there's some really nice stuff in GR that I never expected to find there.

bmanic wrote:
highkoo wrote:The NI effect I use the most is Transient Master.
Same here! It's absolutely unique sounding and awesome. It's my go-to transient shaper plugin for most things.
Never used it, no idea what I would use it for even.

For some reason it took me a while to try Replika XT, but once I finally did, it quickly became my go-to delay. Somehow all the controls and options are exactly how I’d like them to be, and it’s quick and easy to dial in any delay I need. I especially like the different delay flavors and modulation options.

Transient Master is also in regular use, I love plugins with just a few simple but effective controls. I have occasionally used the EQ’s, compressors and reverbs too, and they are very good, but usually I just tend to use other plugins for these purposes.

And Reaktor... it’s a completely different story, of course. :D You could spend a lifetime just trying all the free and commercial effects available, and there’s some real gems out there.

Soundplex wrote:Actually I would've been using them way more often if they hadn't switched to Native Access. So I recently sold most stuff from them besides a 2 plugins (Transient Master & Replika) which do not need NA and work offline. When I read recent topics about NI then this was the biggest issue that came up.
Native acces is only used to register , once ( and for updates if you wish to do so ) !
No need to be online when making music
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Frankly, i'm quite happy about Native Access. It makes installing NI's plugins a breeze. The thing is, the more plugins you own from a company, the more such a software manager makes sense. If it were only 2 or 3 plugins, i maybe wouldn't see the point too, but, i have 13 plugins installed from them, so, it's much less of a work than installing all of those as single plugins...

chk071 wrote:Frankly, i'm quite happy about Native Access. It makes installing NI's plugins a breeze. The thing is, the more plugins you own from a company, the more such a software manager makes sense. If it were only 2 or 3 plugins, i maybe wouldn't see the point too, but, i have 13 plugins installed from them, so, it's much less of a work than installing all of those as single plugins...
Totally agree. I own Komplete 11 and having Native Access really helps. I have one product from Flux and having their download manager just to install that one plugin is not enjoyable.

On topic, I enjoy using their Transient Master and the Solid series. Not much into Guitar Rig as I have better options for guitars, but at a glance, it seems to have more capabilities besides guitar application. It even has LFO and some other electronic FX things.

So I was mixing a song and went "Old Skool" with the lead vocal...

An 1176 doing the heavy lifting,into a 48OL followed by an LA2A to smooth it out by a maximum of 2 dB....

The definitive,classic US vocal chain...

So VA 76 ~ RC 48 ~ VC 2A....

I did insert a de-esser at the front of the chain,but no EQ at this stage....

The vocal sounds wonderful...Intelligible at all times and as smooth as silk...Admittedly,it was well recorded...

It may get a little bit of delay to lift it and a touch of EQ,but it doesn't really need it...

It's amazing to think how good some of the classic tools really are and it reminded me of the old days when I was using the hardware...

Softube has done a fine job with all of those emulations...

The Varitube and Passive EQ are another couple of my favourites because I like the Manley hardware...

Basically I upgraded to Komplete 9 Ultimate to get those Softube plugins :wink:
No auto tune...

chk071 wrote:Frankly, i'm quite happy about Native Access. It makes installing NI's plugins a breeze. The thing is, the more plugins you own from a company, the more such a software manager makes sense. If it were only 2 or 3 plugins, i maybe wouldn't see the point too, but, i have 13 plugins installed from them, so, it's much less of a work than installing all of those as single plugins...
Totally agree as well. NI Access is IMO better than for example the Softube Gobbler thing, the PA Installer and many more by the way…

martinjuenke wrote:
Totally agree as well. NI Access is IMO better than for example the Softube Gobbler thing, the PA Installer and many more by the way…
Well, anything is better than Gobbler. :?
Native Access is good - until you have to re-install your Kontakt. Then its a nightmare, you can't add your existing library.

*cough* reaktor *cough*

Return to “Effects”