Hexeract By Auddict

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wanted to update. I have received an apology and offered a refund, and this morning received the promised fix for the issues I was having. I haven't done extensive testing but so far, the issues HAVE been fixed. I was frustrated before since I couldn't use Hex at all and was excited about exploring it more, which I can now do, and having them reach out and apologize really helped to ease the initial frustration. It's definitely worth noting they admitted there was a problem and have corrected it and I look forward to using Hexeract more in the coming months. Thanks Christoph.

How loud do I have to rant before I can expect a response of the company?

cbtw wrote:How loud do I have to rant before I can expect a response of the company?
In this case, it appears you have to skweam and skweam until you get a refund and keep on moaning some more. I think I'd have cut my losses long before then.

I had another go with Hexeract last night but came to the conclusion I'm largely wasting my time in trying to program that vs other options. I swear some patches I designed in the original version have changed post-update and not for the better. Either that or I was smoking something while I was doing them.

Should be loud enough now :)
The FM is not completely FM because the the LFO doesn't follow the keys.
In HEXERACT you have two stages of FM - a sine wave generator as FM modulator, which follows the keys and the possibility to add an LFO as pitch modulator within the audible range (> 20Hz). The latter one is monophonic because the LFO is monophonic, but the "real" FM is polyphonic and follows the pitch of the pressed keys.
- It needs several clicks to activate the FX and there is no global CC.
What do you mean with global CC?
- It freezes just after a simple LFO Filter patch, so that the controls are not working anymore.
Can you give me a little more info:
- what host / OS
- list of steps to reproduce the problem

In case that the cables get stuck, you can also try to clear all modulation connections, maybe this is a temporary fix for you.
And: If you have key follow on, no other modulation takes effect.
Not entirely true, however the key follow limits the modulation range because it is multiplicated with the modulation value. Example: If you press a middle C with velocity 64, the Keyfollow modulation creates a value of 0.5 (simplified), and the velocity modulator creates a value of 0.5, so the resulting modulation value is 0.25 resulting in a cutoff frequency of 20kHz * 0.25 = 5kHz (in reality it's a little more complicated because the curves are logarithmic). This effectively limits the range of the modulation, but it's still there.

In HEXERACT you have two stages of FM...
Ok, i might missed the sine, will try on it without any patch to the fm input.
What do you mean with global CC?
keeping the knobs (at least those not addressing any mod patches) when switching presets, as far as possible- e.g. filter and both adsr ( I have a ready configured Livid Code2 with ready layout for other synths, but all with relative values).
Can you give me a little more info:
Latest MacOs, latest Logic, MP 5,1
..key follow limits the modulation range..
Sure, thats what I would expected, but here nothing happens when KF is on. I'll try again.

To me the most important thing is that it can process relative Midi CC values and gives parameter feedback.
I was a little disappointed when i read the support telling me two times how to learn a controller instead of answering my question.
I am rather experienced and have taught Midi protocol and applications since its invention.

Regarding the FX I wanted to write "deactivate". I miss a bypass for all FX but I am aware of the fact that in the given structure this doesn't make a lot of sense.
I like to use my Mix PlugIns most of the time and therefore would be happier with single outputs.

cbtw wrote:Latest MacOs, latest Logic, MP 5,1
I'm on Sierra (12.6) and an MP flashed to 5,1 (it started life as a 4,1). I'm not experiencing this bug from what I can tell.

I'm really enjoying Hexeract but I must say it crashes very, very often. Cubase 9.5 (64), Windows 8.1 (64). Sometimes during export, sometimes when I try to load a preset, sometimes because it seems to love crashing...

In fact I think this is the only plugin I use that crashes for no apparent reason. When I encounter this kind of behaviour I usually delete the plugin, but the thing is that I love Hexeract's sound, and I paid for it, so I just wait until the bugs are fixed. I trust Auddict.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Ok Chris I have to apologize! :dog:

I missed the whole dimension of FM through my misinterpretation of the FM patch input.
Now I'm on board and happy after playing around with just one sample for 2 hrs :hihi:

Support of relative CC values would be great (very few companies do this anyway- kudos to u-he on that) but forget about the refund thing- I will for sure not ask for it again.

Also I didn't experience the freezing thing again. Maybe the PlugIn was somehow groggy in the last session. I haven't reloaded it completely because after reloading a preset the freeze was gone until i patched two mod sources to one filter again. I'll keep you updated on this.
Last edited by cbtw on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interesting.... that is the only apology?

I have edited the last page, that's probably the best. I was disappointed and a little too testy.
Hexeract now is in my start setup, between 4 top synths that I consider best for my work and demand. Mission completed because this was the reason I purchased it.

I have edited the last page, that's probably the best. I was disappointed and a little too testy.
Hexeract now is in my start setup, between 4 top synths that I consider best for my work and demand. Mission completed because this was the reason I purchased it.
Nice to hear and glad that you enjoy using it.

I understand what you mean with the relative CC values, but unfortunately this is very hard to achieve on a plugin level as you get a value between 0 and 127 - as far as I know endless rotary encoders send weird NRPM messages which the DAW has to transfer into normal CC messages, which is why you need to add them as control surfaces in the DAW preferences (I don't know your Livid controller).

Also on HEXERACT, the MIDI assignments are stored within the preset, so the concept of having one CC assigned to a certain knob across presets is not achievable.
I like to use my Mix PlugIns most of the time and therefore would be happier with single outputs.
That is indeed a handy feature request that shouldn't be too hard to implement. We'll discuss it internally whether it makes sense to allow routing of the three OSCs to different outputs for further processing.

Also I can imagine dnekm wasn't addressing you with his remark, but some other people which were posting stuff here lately :)
I'm really enjoying Hexeract but I must say it crashes very, very often. Cubase 9.5 (64), Windows 8.1 (64). Sometimes during export, sometimes when I try to load a preset, sometimes because it seems to love crashing...
Hmm, weird. Have you played around with the ASIO guard settings? I've heard a few customers having issues that could be resolved by changing these settings.

Also if any kind of reproducible steps (like a certain preset or changing a particular control) that lead to a crash on your system would be invaluable to figure out what's going on.

Chrisboy2000 wrote:...unfortunately this is very hard to achieve on a plugin level as you get a value between 0 and 127 - as far as I know endless rotary encoders send weird NRPM messages which the DAW has to transfer into normal CC messages, which is why you need to add them as control surfaces in the DAW preferences (I don't know your Livid controller).
The Livid Code is straight forward Midi CC, no control surface (to my taste one of the best universal synth controllers, i have mapped standards like osc tune, mix, filtersections and 2x adsr for all synths I use with the same layout so I can play without watching or thinking about it). It can send either absolute values 0-127 or relative values expressed by a fixed number of either 0 or 127 interpreted as decrement or increment (like u-he Repro does somehow naturally).
This way the synth parameter is always picked up where it is and there is no jump.

Midi parameter feedback would be a solution concerning jumps in both ways, relative or absolute. If the controller gets the information about the position from the plug in, it would update its absolute value (and in my case the led ring), like Logic does internally with its smart controls.

But as I said, these features are supported by very few manufacturers.

The main point is:
I'm a happy customer now.

And I look forward to having multiple samples possible since I have collected lots of hardware osc waves and some very carefull recorded singing bowls (stunning results already with only one sample) and similar stuff waiting to be imported...

What just came into my mind:
Maybe it's worth a thought: Instead of trying to get a decent sample management into Hexeract, why not developing a stand alone .ch1 editor/converter instead? I would buy it, and you probably have one already anyway.

I am glad to move the topic along....

But I disagree about sample management. It is very important - from my point of view.

Take it for what it is - an observation.

Are you guys from Hexeract still alive and on the case?
Any release date for the promised update?

Yes actually there is a big update almost ready for release but we are still doing the testing. If you want PM me, then I‘ll send you then beta for 1.1.0.

Return to “Instruments”