korg microstation to trigger hardware??

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so, as im waiting for the neutron to be released im trying to get ready and to have a more usable setup for my hardware.

i was planning on getting a beatstep pro which can be had for around $250. it seems though i have an opportunity to purchase a korg microstation for the same $250, which, unless my very quick research is wrong is a pretty good deal.

so my main question is...can i use the microstations sequencer to trigger my hardware in a similar fashion as i would use the beatstep pro? i dont know a lot about the microstation and i am reading up on it and watching videos....it seems like it might even be better than the beatstep pro.....but again, i havent done a lot of research on this. normally i take my time and try to be very thorough...but this decision is a bit time sensitive.

thnx in advance
ImageImageImage

is the microstation a single sequencer?
the beatstep pro, has multiple outs and a drum trigger seq.

check to see what outputs the microstation has, it may only have midi and audio outs? which is ok if youre other hw is midi compatible of course. but youre probably only going to be able to sequence one at a time or continue daisy chaining.

vurt wrote:is the microstation a single sequencer?
the beatstep pro, has multiple outs and a drum trigger seq.

check to see what outputs the microstation has, it may only have midi and audio outs? which is ok if youre other hw is midi compatible of course. but youre probably only going to be able to sequence one at a time or continue daisy chaining.
yes....everything would be using midi and daisy chained, according to the specs the sequencer has 16 midi channels, the bsp only has 3....no?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... crostation
ImageImageImage

i think the bsp has 16 too, well according to dawsons website, this includes the drum channel so 15 instrument channels i guess.

just wasn't sure if you where going to be looking to use the bsps cv outs for the neutron?
that has cv in doesn't it?

vurt wrote:i think the bsp has 16 too, well according to dawsons website, this includes the drum channel so 15 instrument channels i guess.

just wasn't sure if you where going to be looking to use the bsps cv outs for the neutron?
that has cv in doesn't it?
yes the neutron does.

the bsp has 3 sequence channels, 2 melodic and 1 percussive. im worried having only the 2 synth sequences will be too limiting.

ive decided to pass on the microstation anyway....after looking into it further it didnt seem like a practical solution.

now im considering the bsp...or maybe an akai mpd232.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”