Black Rooster Audio releases the VEQ-1P Program EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Black Rooster Audio is excited to present the VEQ-1P Program EQ, inspired by one of the most famous and renowned equalizers in studio history.

This plug-in allows for manipulation of the low and high end of the spectrum, without impairing the midrange. The interactive filter network, that features boost and cut at the same time will give the users multiple options of how to treat the shelf frequency, in a manner that is very musical and most other equalizers are not capable of achieving.

Try the famous „Pultec-Trick“ with the VEQ-1P on BassDrum for more definition and spectral transparency.

Grab your license as a limited time offer of $49 and a regular price of $89.

Please check Black Rooster Audio for further information.

FEATURES

AUTHENTIC CIRCUIT EMULATION
Our real-time SPICE type component based circuit simulation approach allows to authentically capture the sound and feel of the analog counterpart in all nuances. Every crucial part of the circuit, including the passive filter network, audio transformers and amplifier tube stages have been faithfully modeled.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE
DSP operations are pipe-lined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.

AUTO-ADJUSTED OVERSAMPLING FOR MAXIMUM AUDIO TRANSPARENCY
Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto-adjusted to your session's sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.

HIGHDPI / RETINA SUPPORT
All our plug-Ins support high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you're working on
Windows.

ABOUT BLACK Rooster AUDIO

We're an avid audio software company from Germany that brings you premium quality DAW plug-ins. Our processors can be used in the most popular host applications such as Steinberg Cubase, Apple Logic, Ableton Live and many others. We put all our dexterity into contriving and creating the most state-of-the-art software. We want to support you in your everyday recording, mixing or mastering process and provide you with highly creative, inspiring and great sounding tools.

Please check Black Rooster Audio for further information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiWvRcTCJNc
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

too quiet here. You must be thinking, meh, one more pultec emu.
It definitely worth checking out.
Didn't expected to be impressed! This one really stands out from other Pultec plugs I have.
I like to overdrive gear, so the first thing I did is hit it hard and oh boy, that saturation sound expensive!
This is often overlooked in other plugins.
On top of that, it has smooth low-end and high-end treatment, gentle hard to overdo.
This one is probably the most detailed Pultec emulation I tried!
nc-rec.com

I love their other plugins, including the other Pultec parts...
Will give this one a good demo for sure.

How long is the intro period?
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

On this as soon as I recover from the waves SSL sale. BR always takes it to the next level so I'm anxious to try this.

InstaBuy
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I was really positively surprised by this. As many have said, it's "yet another pultec" plugin but this is the first one where I can successfully use the narrow bandwidths of the bell without getting annoyed. I've actually used it at 3, 4 and 5kHz with a Q of about 1.. on all my other emulations this always fails (except on the Acustica Audio Pruple, where this works too).

It has a similar thing to the VEQ-5 where it's deceptively transparent at first.. I usually notice I've gone too far only once I bypass the plugin. It keeps giving me the "why isn't the sound changing so much?" and then.. "Oh! It DID change! Holy moly!". :)

Still, I wish they had added an internal drive knob so that we wouldn't have to use external plugins to hit it hard (and soft!). Especially when they implemented the 'IN' switch to only use the tube emulation of the amplifier section.

I really hope we get some way of abusing the fantastic analogue emulations with a drive knob of some sort (this applies to ALL their emulations!!).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I will have to shoot this out against Soneq Pro. But it’s looking very good so far. The knobs have a bit of that 3D perspective thing going on.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

bmanic wrote:I was really positively surprised by this. As many have said, it's "yet another pultec" plugin but this is the first one where I can successfully use the narrow bandwidths of the bell without getting annoyed. I've actually used it at 3, 4 and 5kHz with a Q of about 1.. on all my other emulations this always fails (except on the Acustica Audio Pruple, where this works too).

It has a similar thing to the VEQ-5 where it's deceptively transparent at first.. I usually notice I've gone too far only once I bypass the plugin. It keeps giving me the "why isn't the sound changing so much?" and then.. "Oh! It DID change! Holy moly!". :)

Still, I wish they had added an internal drive knob so that we wouldn't have to use external plugins to hit it hard (and soft!). Especially when they implemented the 'IN' switch to only use the tube emulation of the amplifier section.

I really hope we get some way of abusing the fantastic analogue emulations with a drive knob of some sort (this applies to ALL their emulations!!).
I can absolutely second that!
I also hope they get more flexible architectures with this sound!

Detch wrote:too quiet here. You must be thinking, meh, one more pultec emu.
Must admit that was my reaction - or more I have lost count of the number of EQs and Comps that advertise themselves as being 'inspired by one of the most famous and renowned fill-in-the-blanks in studio history.' For such a rare elite group of pieces of kit there sure sounds like a lot of them :)

bmanic wrote: Still, I wish they had added an internal drive knob so that we wouldn't have to use external plugins to hit it hard (and soft!). Especially when they implemented the 'IN' switch to only use the tube emulation of the amplifier section.
We are working on a generic solution for this. We hear you! :D
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

Nice job BRA, another great sounding emulation at a great price. :clap:
If you need an EQP-1a emu don't sleep on this.
It's easy if you know how

How does it compare to the Softube TubeTech (also currently on sale)?

So the windows installers still don’t deposit the legacy VST in a designated folder. I still have to manually move them from inside the bundles to my VST directory.

The installer will create the correct directory, and leave it empty. Both 32 and 64 bit.

Anyway, just sayin.

Win 8.1 64

-cheers

I just put this together... Comparison of some Pultec plugins including VEQ-1P. It starts out dry. I put comments in where the EQ's change. I attempted to get them to sound similar with similar loudness without being obsessive about it. There is 60Hz boost with some atten, and high end boost @ 5k with mid-way bandwidth.

Starts out DRY.
In order:
Black Rooster VEQ-1P then DRY
Softube Tube-tech then DRY
Waves Puigtec then DRY
Nomad Blue Tubes PEQ 2B-3 then DRY
Acustica Nebula 4 TimP DualTech then DRY
IK Multimedia EQP-1A then DRY
iZotope Ozone 7 Vintage EQ then DRY

Download is enabled on the track if you want to download the original 44/24 wav.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/pu ... re/s-FHHzN
Last edited by plexuss on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

pekbro wrote:So the windows installers still don’t deposit the legacy VST in a designated folder. I still have to manually move them from inside the bundles to my VST directory.

The installer will create the correct directory, and leave it empty. Both 32 and 64 bit.

Anyway, just sayin.

Win 8.1 64

-cheers
I am on Win 8.1 too, and the legacy files install exactly where I tell them, but they are in one place, under Black Rooster Audio folder. For example, if you have a custom folder called VST and you point your installation to that folder the installer will make a Black Rooster Audio folder right there - VST\Black Rooster Audio.
It's easy if you know how

Return to “Effects”