"Phone home" copy protection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not a big activist one way or another for having any type of copy proctection.

I use iLok eLicenser and various c/p protected plugins.

I did however try and load up another instance of one of my plugins (goodhertz) earlier and it told me I needed to log in. I unfortunately had loaned my USB wireless thingy to my brother so he could fix some issues he was having so I was SOL. On top of not letting me add another instance of the plugin, it also froze me out of an instance I was already using.

Anyhow, I find this disturbing in the extreme as I don't always have control of the internet access of a given location where I'm working, especially live.

Aside from bitching about it. I was wondering if there was any place to find out what plugins need an active internet connection to work so I can avoid them in the future.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

No kiddin? Goodhertz does that shit? Damn here I was lookin at wow and midside for later. No internet on the daw man its the rules...

Goodhertz offers an offline option. Contact their support.

I will do that. I was pretty amazed when the plugin shut down mid session. Are there any plugins/ protection methods that require an active intenet connection during use or to launch? That you know of anyhow.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”