Problem installing Camel Audio Alchemy on Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I thought I had downloaded everything I needed to reinstall Camel Audio Alchemy, but apparently the installer I have isnät the latest version they released when sold to Apple. My installer asks me to login to the account and for some reason it doesn't give me the option to install the files offline.

I'm running Windows 10, anybody else had a similar problem or possibly have the last installer handy to give to me? Alchemy has been the core of my music for the last many many years and now that I assebled a new computer I'd really hate to lose my old project.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
A guy with serious GAS and lots of unused VSTs. But if I someday need them...

DotNoir wrote:Hi!

I thought I had downloaded everything I needed to reinstall Camel Audio Alchemy, but apparently the installer I have isnät the latest version they released when sold to Apple. My installer asks me to login to the account and for some reason it doesn't give me the option to install the files offline.

I'm running Windows 10, anybody else had a similar problem or possibly have the last installer handy to give to me? Alchemy has been the core of my music for the last many many years and now that I assebled a new computer I'd really hate to lose my old project.

Which version of Alchemy do you have? What's the date on the .DLL?

Version 1.33.0.3368 from June 7, 2015 is the last version of Alchemy that Camel Audio released before screwing over all the paying Windows customers. If that's what you have, then you have the final Windows version.

I wouldn't take the installer from anyone. The installer is hard-coded with the original owner's e-mail address in it, and that could cause problems for both of you if you try to use it.

Steve
Last edited by planetearth on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I can still provide the latest Alchemy Player installer for Windows if that's any help.

DotNoir wrote:Hi!

If you had Alchemy installed in any other machine, just copy it over the new machine. You don't need to use the installer. Put the DLL files in VstPlugIns folder and the folder with all the other files (libraries, presets, etc) in Program Data/Camel Audio/Alchemy. Since it comes pre-registered, you don't need anything else.

Or simply Unrar the files (change the extenseion from CamelSounds to RAR), and copy them. The files are actually RAR files with another extension.

And yes, the installer asks (stupidly) to login to your account. It happened to me just a couple of weeks ago, when I was installing it on a new machine with Windows 10. I then copied the files, and everything is working.
Fernando (FMR)

The last version of Alchemy for Windows, if you look at the Properties>Details of Alchemy.dll, should be 1.55.0.3368.

To install Alchemy, you can use AlchemyWin-1-55-0.exe, obtained from the defunct Camel Audio site when it was live.

To install the factory sounds and any expansions, the Camel Audio Installer is required. If you do not have the Alchemy exe installer, you can use the Camel Audio Installer, if you have the Alchemy plugin CamelSounds file. This was what was provided with the shutdown notice.

If using the Installer, it is stupid. There is no way to directly and immediately tell it to do an offline install. You have to attempt to login three times. It does not matter what you enter, just smash the keyboard. After three times it will fail and present a new screen. From here you can choose "Offline Install".

You can tell it where to find the CamelSounds files by changing the "Download" location. They must be on a local drive, as they do not work on mounted network shares.

I put this information in a text file with all the Camel Audio stuff. I suggest everyone do the same, because it's hard to remember.

Note that your personal information is baked into the installation files.

yellowmix wrote:The last version of Alchemy for Windows, if you look at the Properties>Details of Alchemy.dll, should be 1.55.0.3368.

To install Alchemy, you can use AlchemyWin-1-55-0.exe, obtained from the defunct Camel Audio site when it was live.

To install the factory sounds and any expansions, the Camel Audio Installer is required. If you do not have the Alchemy exe installer, you can use the Camel Audio Installer, if you have the Alchemy plugin CamelSounds file. This was what was provided with the shutdown notice.

If using the Installer, it is stupid. There is no way to directly and immediately tell it to do an offline install. You have to attempt to login three times. It does not matter what you enter, just smash the keyboard. After three times it will fail and present a new screen. From here you can choose "Offline Install".

You can tell it where to find the CamelSounds files by changing the "Download" location. They must be on a local drive, as they do not work on mounted network shares.

I put this information in a text file with all the Camel Audio stuff. I suggest everyone do the same, because it's hard to remember.

Note that your personal information is baked into the installation files.
Thank you all for the help! Now I have Alchemy up and running and what I did was "trying" to log in 3 times and then I got to the offline installer mode and after that everything is working great. Thank you all for the suggestions!

Very much appreciated.

^Your signature... :lol: :cry:

e@rs wrote:^Your signature... :lol: :cry:
Haha, haven't used the forums for a while and hadn't noticed it before you pointed it out :lol:

Yeah, maybe I should update it to something else...

edit. Changed the signature, but here's the old one, if anyone is interested...
https://imgur.com/a/JjSsLXr
Last edited by DotNoir on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just replace Camel Audio with U-He and you're relevant again. :wink:

e@rs wrote:Just replace Camel Audio with U-He and you're relevant again. :wink:

Interestingly enough, I don't own any U-he plugins :/

What? Catch up!

Hey, folks. I re-installed Alchemy on my laptop. Everything appeared to go well and all of the stuff is in the Program Data/Camel Audio/Alchemy directory. However, when I open Alchemy in either Sonar or StudioOne, it can't find the presets. I tried the option in Sonar to point to a new data directory, choosing the Program Data/Camel Audio/Alchemy directory just in case it somehow had gotten mixed up during the install, but to no effect. Any thoughts?

Presets are a separate install. Did you do that too?

Yes. It installed all of my presets, and they are in the aforementioned directory.

Check permissions. Make sure Sonar or whatever can access the folders it needs to.

Return to “Instruments”