Upcoming synths 2018?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do anyone have info about upcoming synths or updates?

Dune 3 Is supposed to come in 2018. Maybe in summer.

Unfiltered Audio are working on something but I’m not sure its for this year.
Lets say its rather promizing!

Björn feom Full Bucket is working on something. ;)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

yeah i hope to see battle of titans this year ...and new stuff from developers :)

Possibly U-he Zebra 3

Synthmaster 3:

"SynthMaster 'Everything Bundle' also includes free free upgrade to SynthMaster v3.0, which is expected to be released at the end of 2018."

-KV331 Website

Muziksculp wrote:Possibly U-he Zebra 3
and if not this year... next year (or the year after, or the year after that). or........ :ud:

This has been a very slow year for new synths. Slowest in a long time. In fact, the only things I've purchased so far this year are FX and it's almost May.

Komplete 12 with Kontakt 6
and possibly to include Absynth 6 and Massive 2

Audulus 4 http://audulus.com/
release this summer?

Me?
I am really looking forward to Audulus 4
and Absynth 6
and Synthmaster 3
and the Wusic Station v9 and Wusik 8008 updates.

On a side DAW note looking forward to:
FLS 20, Studio One 4 and especially Reaper 6
Cubase 10 to a lesser extent

wagtunes wrote:This has been a very slow year for new synths. Slowest in a long time. In fact, the only things I've purchased so far this year are FX and it's almost May.
I Think we will see things heat up as the year goes on and heads into summer and then Pre-Christmas time. It has been a very slow year however, can't disagree with that.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

I bet Arturia updates CS80 V in 2019.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Not sure there'll be much later in the year looking at the news from Music Messe https://www.kvraudio.com/musikmesse-2018 and NAMM https://www.kvraudio.com/blog/namm-2018 ... aces-40315

Not ruling out surprise releases or latecomers but apart from the Cherry Voltage modular and the finished version of MOK Waverazor, there didn't seem much forthcoming at the time.

If it does appear this year, which given the fast-paced development of his synth seems highly likely, Seaweed Audio's Fathom Sampler should probably be worth snapping up though.

Here's a couple of stories who's endings (or at least their futures) might be clearer as this year rolls on:

Cakewalk.

Magix/Sonic Foundry legacy applications.

In fairness and to stay ot: I'm not aware of any Sonic Foundry code that was in the form of a soft synth. But since it's all now part of Magix's ip, maybe we'll see either crossover from their Samplitude Suite retooled; or perhaps even something entirely new trying to capture our attention.

Synthesizer software and hardware is a hyper-competitve environment these days, isn't it? You gotta be really good; or really different to have an impact.

Return to “Instruments”