Upcoming synths 2018?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What I would really like is the arrival of Yamaha on the market of VST (and AU) plugins. It's been a while that Korg is there, Roland came in one or two years ago. Yamaha is missing, even if they are in indirectly by Steinberg... it's not really Yamaha.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

wagtunes wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:New versions of the Korg Collection with at last correct GUIs are expected.

It's not "new synths" but if the GUIs are at last as they should be nowadays they could be consider as this if there is a renewal of the interest for them.
As with Arturia, I would love new GUIs for the Korg Collection, especially Wavestation which is unusable.
Yes. The Wavestation indeed. And the MS-20.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Ok - what synthesis method(s) would you like to see further developed this year/next year etc?

My answer would be granular.

goldenanalog wrote:Ok - what synthesis method(s) would you like to see further developed this year/next year etc?

I'd like a fully modular synth with every conceivable module already included. Not like what Softube is doing, releasing stuff a drip at a time.

An amazing granular would be nice too.

Oh, and Alchemy for Windows.

goldenanalog wrote:Ok - what synthesis method(s) would you like to see further developed this year/next year etc?

Additive.

But something focused exclusively on additive (not simply "using it") and really advanced technically. In my opinion it is the future of the synthesis.

wagtunes wrote:Oh, and Alchemy for Windows.
Ha Ha ! Yes !

:tu:

But I guess it will remain a dream !
:D

^^^
+1000
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

BlackWinny wrote:What I would really like is the arrival of Yamaha on the market of VST (and AU) plugins. It's been a while that Korg is there, Roland came in one or two years ago. Yamaha is missing, even if they are in indirectly by Steinberg... it's not really Yamaha.
In one survey by Steinberg, I suggested a DX7 emulation. That would be an instant buy for me.

So besides emulations, I'm also interested in some specific synths like Dune 3. But let's see first how it's first.

I have tested new synths and I found most of them harsh sounding, Serum like synths. My taste is old now preferring the sound of 80's and 70's and might be early 90's. This plays a major role I guess in selecting synths.

The last synths I have are TAL-MOD and Reason's synths. I like them a lot. I don't know if I want more! Especially, that I already have the timeless NI, Korg and other synths like Sylenth1, Largo, Dune 2 ;) And of course the great emulations, The Legend, RePro and ARP Odyssey :love:

Nah! I have too many gems already 8)

TAL-MOD is good it sounds to me like Sylenth1 and some hardware synth mixed,but i'm not modular person unfortunately and immediately lose inspiration when see cables ...
Definitely will upgrade to Synthmster3 no matter what BB cook cuz i'm fan but would like to add one another powerful synth this year to my main synths - don't need many synths cuz there is not so many great actually and my point is better focus on few of the best and to learn how to squeeze them well instead of what i did like most of the users i guess before to start sound design 'career' - browsing,browsing,browsing and never satisfied and find the 'right' sound for the mix :)
As i see it SM3,DUNE3 AND ZEBRA3 are main pretenders for the throne of Serum this year :)
VSV RACK seems interesting but just one look at these cables makes me leave the room :)Cheerz :)
https://vcvrack.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhcfoQkVHVM

I was quite interested in the use of applying spectral, pitch and amp envelopes from a source file to different targets in the new Cargo Cult standalone, Envy, but given that uses so much cpu that it can't operate in real-time and is reliant on rendering, I don't see that happening for a few years.

Essentially it would be a spectral morphing sampler, similar to wavetable but morphing between two samples and their transitional stages. Possible this could be done be done with granular where grains from each source followed a mix ratio if the grains were small and smooth enough (i.e. not sounding particularly "grainy") so that they were fast enough to trick the ear into believing it was one sound rather than alternating between two (so audio rate at least I'm guessing). Will have to check but had the idea the new Fathom sampler mooted this as an idea so given the pace of development on their synth, its possible it might be here sooner.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Things will heat up on the synth front with Superbooth 2018 - we'll have something new there that's synth-related too
Very curious Peter!

I like most of IKM products but seriously, marketing wise, IKM could be a more subtle. "Something new is coming from the leader in analog modeling technology" ? come on, dont be ridiculous, U-he Presswerk does better job then any of IKM compressors combined and gives a character to the sound wich makes it more "analogy (or how you call it). U-He Diva made Syntronik obsolete before a release date. Leader... :) This is to me personaly at least, dont know about other users. :)

Ill fix a mistake "Something new is coming from the Self-claimed leader in analog modeling technology". Fix for free :clown:

I'm not a hardware guy but the upcoming Neutron seems very interesting.

Elektronisch wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Things will heat up on the synth front with Superbooth 2018 - we'll have something new there that's synth-related too
Very curious Peter!

I like most of IKM products but seriously, marketing wise, IKM could be a more subtle. "Something new is coming from the leader in analog modeling technology" ? come on, dont be ridiculous, U-he Presswerk does better job then any of IKM compressors combined and gives a character to the sound wich makes it more "analogy (or how you call it). U-He Diva made Syntronik obsolete before a release date. Leader... :) This is to me personaly at least, dont know about other users. :)

Ill fix a mistake "Something new is coming from the Self-claimed leader in analog modeling technology". Fix for free :clown:
For me that marketing (mis)behaviour is the reason not to buy anything from them. I want to be addressed seriously as customer and not be seen as a silly money spender who is addicted to hollow buzzwords.

Return to “Instruments”