looking out for a arpeggiator vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you're on Ableton Live Suite, some of the max 4 live arpeggiators are super flexible and super easy to use. Upgrade to live or suite if you haven't already. Max 4 live excels with its step sequencer devices and arpeggiators. My fav devices are polyrthymus (an interesting step sequencer that combines up 5 separate sequencer lines. Each line can be assigned a different time signature, making it possible to create interesting polyrhythms between them. A lot of fun!), Ableton Arp (a classic) and then mono sequencer (which gives you finer controls over pitch, velocity, octave, duration and a whole range of other cool features). Like holy shit. You create some crazy complex sounds with these devices but they're super easy to pick up too. I found blueArp way too unintuitive and cthulhu annoying to set up the routing for. With the max midi devices you just load them in and bam.

timwest wrote:I found blueArp way too unintuitive
:o

Mind to elaborate what you find unintuitive about it? I find it completely straight forward.

chk071 wrote:
timwest wrote:I found blueArp way too unintuitive
:o

Mind to elaborate what you find unintuitive about it? I find it completely straight forward.
It's not bad, I actually quite like both cthulhu and bluearp (bluearp does a great job!); but in terms of dialling in something really quicky, I find the max4live stuff a lot better though. :D

Having a little play in BlueArp again after a long time. Hey! It's not as unintuitive as I remember! I stand corrected. Good stuff mate

:tu:

Well, maybe it also depends on the user, but, i don't think i had to look up something in the manual in BlueARP, ever. Of course, it's a little different to a "pure" arpeggiator, rather like a arpeggiator/sequencer hybrid, but, that's actually something which is attractive for me, because i always feel a bit limited, or have to work a lot to make simple changes in the sequence, in arpeggiators. I find it is more graphical/easy to set up sequences in BlueARP.

I know what you mean! :) I love sequencers over arpeggiators generally. I like being able to create my own sequence of notes rather than just have a selection of up-down-etc..., and also create variations of those sequences to create interest.

Now, I'd love to see u-He release a standalone plugin version of the sequencer in repro-1. that would be sick! That is THE most intuitive step-sequencer I've ever used. I don't know what it is but it just sounds better than any standard vst one.

I just tried briefly Kameleono in Bitwig (my DAW) and I was able to create a pattern following some chords.
Without reading the manual I couldn't go any further.
Shortly after I discovered that maybe there's already something to do that in Bitwig: the Note Harmonizer
viewtopic.php?p=6721094

I'm at work now so I can't try it. I hope it's something like the Chord track in Cubase.

I ended up buying Kameleono :D
Now I need some time to experiment and read again the manual, but it seems to me what I was looking for...
It would be nice if there were presets with some chord progressions included, like in Cthulhu.

Shandar wrote:I ended up buying Kameleono :D
Now I need some time to experiment and read again the manual, but it seems to me what I was looking for...
It would be nice if there were presets with some chord progressions included, like in Cthulhu.
I just got some arp scripts inside reaper
Might be ugly but damm those are good
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Instruments”