Free plugins with exe installer that can be made portable

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nielzie wrote:Shouldn't the Preferences folder be somewhere in the username %appdata% location?
Precisely, in my case seems I have two %appdata%, one of them seems to belong to the formal destination (c\users\appdata\roaming\) and the other instance might be generated by evalaze during the building process, it is causes the conflict...

Anyhow, the files inside "bin" folder are the ones responsible to launch the portable app only, aren't they?

ENV1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:08 pm Rapture a string that tells it that the folders and files that are normally in ProgramData are in the DLL dir.
Trying to figure out what string value to use for redirecting the path to the "ProgramData" content. It doesn't seem to exist in the post-installation reg keys. Any ideas?

satchnut wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:56 pm
ENV1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:08 pm Rapture a string that tells it that the folders and files that are normally in ProgramData are in the DLL dir.
Trying to figure out what string value to use for redirecting the path to the "ProgramData" content. It doesn't seem to exist in the post-installation reg keys. Any ideas?
Sure.

Its sort of a 'secret' string, (i.e. unofficial), and for the latest version (1.22) it has to look like this:

Code: Select all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp]
"Use Single Folder"="Yes"
(Note: Older versions didnt use 'rp' but 'Rapture', IIRC. Im not positive though, so youd have to check that.)

So if you already have the Rapture entry present in your registry, (under rp or whatever else), you simply add a new String Value (REG_SZ), name it Use Single Folder, and enter Yes as its Value. After that you can move all the stuff that was installed in ProgramData into the actual Rapture dir, (i.e. where all the other stuff is), so that all the files and folders related to Rapture are contained in this one parent directory. Thats it.

Thanks, ENV1 !!

I've successfully gotten z3ta+ and Rapture working semi-portably (as much as seems possible). It took a little extra tweaking, so if anyone is interested and wants tips, shoot me a PM.

Return to “Effects”