Waves Plugins - Really bad graphical response?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
poleda
Banned
44 posts since 17 May, 2018

Post Sun May 20, 2018 2:46 pm

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:And seeing as it has already been discussed that Waves engineers had the similar issue (And we can assume that their systems are perfectly spec'd to run their plugins)
I wouldn't buy too much into hearsay.
It's time to set the flux capacitor to 2018, bye bye VST2 and 32 bit.

LeVzi
KVRAF
1845 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Re: Waves Plugins - Really bad graphical response?

Post Sun May 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Has anyone tried the no context sharing fix ? I dunno if it applies here or not.
Forward ever, Backward never

LeVzi
KVRAF

Post Sun May 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Just reading back over this, someone said "I hope it gets fixed in V10"

So everyone with this issue must have an up to date WUP in order for waves to fix a bug THEIR plugins have.

I hope not all people are part of the herd and gonna think thats a good idea ? Waves HAVE TO fix a bug they created and not expect people to pay for the fix.

Time to put pressure on them tbh to fix it, as it's been known for quite some time.

My GFX card is brand new and high powered enough to cope with a VST GUI, 4gig of VRAM ffs.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10517 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Mon May 21, 2018 5:02 am

LeVzi wrote:Has anyone tried the no context sharing fix ? I dunno if it applies here or not.
What is that?

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Mon May 21, 2018 5:22 am

LeVzi wrote:Just reading back over this, someone said "I hope it gets fixed in V10"

So everyone with this issue must have an up to date WUP in order for waves to fix a bug THEIR plugins have.

I hope not all people are part of the herd and gonna think thats a good idea ? Waves HAVE TO fix a bug they created and not expect people to pay for the fix.

Time to put pressure on them tbh to fix it, as it's been known for quite some time.

My GFX card is brand new and high powered enough to cope with a VST GUI, 4gig of VRAM ffs.
Ok, thanks! You have the same issue as I have described, right?

To be honest, I think that the issue is the coding, and that most people aren't bothered by it. The idea that it is a performance issue dependent on graphics cards etc just doesn;t really explain it. Performance issue are variable. They might be consistent, in the sense that there is always some issue, but that issue is likely not exactly the same on every occasion. This issue is exactly the same, whether on the first or the 100th instantiation.

As for them magically fixing it in V10? I don't really see it, as I don't think it's viewed as a bug. Even if they had determined that it was some kind of bug, why would they wait till some point int he future to sort it out? Why wouldn't they squash it at the point they noticed it, and then make sure all new plugs were released without it? (Then they could go back and fix earlier plugs) i.e If the issue had been known about it for so long, why would they have still allowed it to persist in plugins as new as Scheps OmniChannel :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Mon May 21, 2018 5:26 am

poleda wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:And seeing as it has already been discussed that Waves engineers had the similar issue (And we can assume that their systems are perfectly spec'd to run their plugins)
Are you truly trying to help or be a distraction? :tu:

poleda
Banned

Post Mon May 21, 2018 7:57 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
poleda wrote:
Stopping the spread of rumors, it's a serious disease. <--- Edited for ebow, I mean el-bo. :hihi:
Last edited by poleda on Mon May 21, 2018 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Mon May 21, 2018 8:05 am

poleda wrote:
poleda wrote:
Stopping the spread of rumors is a serious disease. :hihi:
Interesting! I'd have imagined that the rumours were the disease, and that stopping the spread might be somewhat of a cure. Guess not.

Under your tutelage, I am really learning :tu:

poleda
Banned

Post Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am

poleda wrote:
poleda wrote:
Interesting! I'd have imagined that the rumours were the disease, and that stopping the spread might be somewhat of a cure. Guess not.

Stopping the spread of rumors "comma" it's a serious disease. I figured you were smart enough to figure that part out, so I didn't have to edit my post. But, I guess I can't assume anything around here. :hihi:

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Tue May 22, 2018 6:42 am

poleda wrote:
poleda wrote:
poleda wrote:

Stopping the spread of rumors "comma" it's a serious disease. I figured you were smart enough to figure that part out, so I didn't have to edit my post. But, I guess I can't assume anything around here. :hihi:
:lol: :lol: If that story makes you feel better, who would I be to deprive you of it :shrug:

LeVzi
KVRAF

Post Tue May 22, 2018 10:05 pm

LeVzi wrote:Has anyone tried the no context sharing fix ? I dunno if it applies here or not.
What is that?
I looked around the internet and found some people had used a trick to fix sluggish GUI issues with Waves plugin's.

I only know the windows fix.
2) use Waves' "no context sharing" fix. Which is to create a blank text file named the following, in the following location:
"c:\ProgramData\Waves Audio\no_context_sharing.txt"

LeVzi
KVRAF

Post Tue May 22, 2018 10:08 pm

LeVzi wrote:Just reading back over this, someone said "I hope it gets fixed in V10"

Ok, thanks! You have the same issue as I have described, right?

To be honest, I think that the issue is the coding, and that most people aren't bothered by it. The idea that it is a performance issue dependent on graphics cards etc just doesn;t really explain it. Performance issue are variable. They might be consistent, in the sense that there is always some issue, but that issue is likely not exactly the same on every occasion. This issue is exactly the same, whether on the first or the 100th instantiation.

As for them magically fixing it in V10? I don't really see it, as I don't think it's viewed as a bug. Even if they had determined that it was some kind of bug, why would they wait till some point int he future to sort it out? Why wouldn't they squash it at the point they noticed it, and then make sure all new plugs were released without it? (Then they could go back and fix earlier plugs) i.e If the issue had been known about it for so long, why would they have still allowed it to persist in plugins as new as Scheps OmniChannel :shrug:
Thats exactly the issue I face, it's not always the same level or issue everytime. From what i've managed to find, it's an openGL issue, but I contacted Waves, and they want me to video capture everything , and tbh, running a video capture software ON TOP of Cubase isn't going to go well anyway, laggy frame rates of capture software.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Tue May 22, 2018 10:23 pm

LeVzi wrote:it's not always the same level or issue everytime.
Right! So, we are definitely talking about something else. My issue is 100% repeatable and consistent.

I'm at the point of just selling them, though I might see if I can do a screengrab, and see what Waves come up with. Ww'll se :shrug:

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2340 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Wed May 23, 2018 4:02 am

I've never experienced graphical issues with any of my Waves stuff. I did just order some new stuff and updated everything. Maybe everything will be jacked up when I go back to it.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Wed May 23, 2018 7:08 am

Here's a video grab

https://vimeo.com/271490977

It doesn't help the issue that the mouse cursor disappears when you start to turn a knob. To give you an idea of how far I'm travelling to achieve the given data change, you will notice the Preset name bar within the Logic Plugin Frame lighting up and giving away the actual position :scared:

This is a mix of using the Wacom and trackpad.

I also started clicking around with buttons later in the video to show just how much system performance lag there isn't :shrug:

Return to “Effects”