Help me re-find this old freeware VST synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hola!

Years ago there was a freeware synth geared for synth bass tones. Here's what I remember about it:

1. Graphics were based on the underside of an Orca whale (you could move the jaws and close filters)
2. It was a pre-cursor release to something that may or not have materialized as a commercial synth
3. I think the overall character of the synth was kind of a hollow-y sine type sub bass but there were some overtones available, too.

Anyone know if this is still around (not looking for a shared file or illegal thing--just a link to the original source or the name of it so that I might have a shot at finding it on my old machines).

-S

Thank you so much!

Shane Sanders wrote:Hola!

Years ago there was a freeware synth geared for synth bass tones. Here's what I remember about it:

1. Graphics were based on the underside of an Orca whale (you could move the jaws and close filters)
2. It was a pre-cursor release to something that may or not have materialized as a commercial synth
3. I think the overall character of the synth was kind of a hollow-y sine type sub bass but there were some overtones available, too.

Anyone know if this is still around (not looking for a shared file or illegal thing--just a link to the original source or the name of it so that I might have a shot at finding it on my old machines).

-S
It was released in the form of FXPansion D-Cam Synth Squad - and now in Strobe 2 too.

I made the only bank for it (called Killa Wails)

Thanks for the extra info! :-)

Shane Sanders wrote:Hola! -S
:o :o :o
been awhile ...

hmmmm love oldies, gonna check this one out, thanks!

DL from vstplanet :)
http://www.vstplanet.com/VST_instrument ... ca_vst.rar
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I remember orca. Strange but good sounding synth :D
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:I remember orca. Strange but good sounding synth :D
Yeah. It did a decent bass tone ... didn't know it had been dropped. 32 bit only, I presume. There's a download link here too: http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downl ... ware/Orca/

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:I remember orca. Strange but good sounding synth :D
Yeah. It did a decent bass tone ... didn't know it had been dropped. 32 bit only, I presume. There's a download link here too: http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downl ... ware/Orca/
Neither did i.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

It was really just a proof of concept plugin to test the waters for new technology - bit like u-he protoverb or the first iteration of Repro1.

aMUSEd wrote:It was really just a proof of concept plugin to test the waters for new technology - bit like u-he protoverb or the first iteration of Repro1.
So what did Orca evolve into?

aMUSEd wrote: It was released in the form of FXPansion D-Cam Synth Squad - and now in Strobe 2 too.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: It was released in the form of FXPansion D-Cam Synth Squad - and now in Strobe 2 too.
Oh lol i must be blind. Totally missed that post :dog:

FXpansion, bought a lot of their products back in the days, but almost never used them, high cpu usage and all that. And was burned because after buying some with a reasonable intro discount after a few weeks they where temporary sold for just a few bucks as "no-brainers" on a particular webshop. Also couldn't sell the licenses because of the ridiculous transfer fee involved. You just opened a big old dirty wound :cry:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Instruments”