Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
lotus2035
KVRAF
4074 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Wed May 23, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks for the tips, I didn't know about the new SDK.
Isn't Antidote considered to be the rack extension version of Dune?
I have Dune but not Legend. I'll check out Respire. :tu:

EnGee
KVRAF
4767 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from New Zealand

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 4:02 pm

chk071 wrote:ReSpire is on sale ATM. And, Synapse Antidote is also on sale frequently. I think (not know) both are compatible with Reason 9.5.
Yes, ReSpire, Antidote and other synths are on sale now (big sale! for example, ReSpire is $89 from $189 and Antidote is $59 from $139!) :
https://shop.propellerheads.se/deals/

Anyway, I think when you login and go to the shop, it would show you which one is not compatible when you have a previous version of Reason! I remember that from last year.
Donate or bid in the "Call to Arms: Charity - 2nd Hand" and/or Visit the main auction here (Till 31st of October 2018).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

Greenstorm33
KVRist
358 posts since 27 Apr, 2012

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 4:07 pm

If I were in the market for REs I'd get the Synthetic Rig. It's hard to beat $1300 or so worth of synths (including ReSpire, Parsec, and eXpanse) for $150.

EnGee
KVRAF
4767 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from New Zealand

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 4:31 pm

lotus2035 wrote:Thanks for the tips, I didn't know about the new SDK.
Isn't Antidote considered to be the rack extension version of Dune?
I have Dune but not Legend. I'll check out Respire. :tu:
Yes, Antidote is like between Dune1 and Dune2 I guess.

You can demo them all with full functionality for 30 days, BUT (big but) you can only demo them once! Even if you sell your license of Reason and buy it after one year (like me :hihi: ). So, be sure to demo the plugins thoroughly!

The synth I have (RE) are:
FM4- (4 ops FM synth)

PX7- DX7 emulation and it can load all DX7 presets. There is already a big free ReFill contains endless presets :hihi:

Antidote- which IMO is still the best RE synth out there!

There are others of course. From the ones that I liked when I demoed:
Parsec 2 - Fantastic Spectral Synth

Expanse- Very detailed wavetable synth and you can make your own wavetables (like Serum).

VK-2 Viking - Anlogish synth

Oberon- Additive Synth

Re-Strings - (and Re-Tron, ChamberTron as well) by GForce - Fantastic sound if you are into Mellotron

There are others like Spectra ... etc, but I haven't demoed yet as I spared for the next discount maybe and of course there are effects and midi utilities, but I need to grasp first the ones come with Reason ;)
Donate or bid in the "Call to Arms: Charity - 2nd Hand" and/or Visit the main auction here (Till 31st of October 2018).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

User avatar
braj
KVRAF
9090 posts since 5 Feb, 2004

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 5:26 pm

I bought a new video card and so have no money for the sale. I think I'd get the Synapse bundle though, but I don't think I could get the Legend VST free that way.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

User avatar
lotus2035
KVRAF
4074 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Greenstorm33 wrote:If I were in the market for REs I'd get the Synthetic Rig. It's hard to beat $1300 or so worth of synths (including ReSpire, Parsec, and eXpanse) for $150.
That's quite a bundle, wow. 8)

User avatar
lotus2035
KVRAF
4074 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 5:30 pm

EnGee wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:Thanks for the tips, I didn't know about the new SDK.
Isn't Antidote considered to be the rack extension version of Dune?
I have Dune but not Legend. I'll check out Respire. :tu:
Yes, Antidote is like between Dune1 and Dune2 I guess.

You can demo them all with full functionality for 30 days, BUT (big but) you can only demo them once! Even if you sell your license of Reason and buy it after one year (like me :hihi: ). So, be sure to demo the plugins thoroughly!

The synth I have (RE) are:
FM4- (4 ops FM synth)

PX7- DX7 emulation and it can load all DX7 presets. There is already a big free ReFill contains endless presets :hihi:

Antidote- which IMO is still the best RE synth out there!

There are others of course. From the ones that I liked when I demoed:
Parsec 2 - Fantastic Spectral Synth

Expanse- Very detailed wavetable synth and you can make your own wavetables (like Serum).

VK-2 Viking - Anlogish synth

Oberon- Additive Synth

Re-Strings - (and Re-Tron, ChamberTron as well) by GForce - Fantastic sound if you are into Mellotron

There are others like Spectra ... etc, but I haven't demoed yet as I spared for the next discount maybe and of course there are effects and midi utilities, but I need to grasp first the ones come with Reason ;)
Well that sucks about the demos being one-time, Ive already activated a few. :hihi:
The FM4 and PX7 look interesting.
Will check those others out thanks. :tu:

EnGee
KVRAF
4767 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from New Zealand

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

braj wrote:I bought a new video card and so have no money for the sale. I think I'd get the Synapse bundle though, but I don't think I could get the Legend VST free that way.
I think you can! But it will be NFR license. Anyway, always ask the support in such situations to be sure ;)
Donate or bid in the "Call to Arms: Charity - 2nd Hand" and/or Visit the main auction here (Till 31st of October 2018).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

User avatar
braj
KVRAF
9090 posts since 5 Feb, 2004

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 5:35 pm

EnGee wrote:
braj wrote:I bought a new video card and so have no money for the sale. I think I'd get the Synapse bundle though, but I don't think I could get the Legend VST free that way.
I think you can! But it will be NFR license. Anyway, always ask the support in such situations to be sure ;)
Yeah, with no more money it really doesn't matter. I'll have to try and get lucky next time around. The Synthetic 3 bundle also looks pretty great.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

User avatar
poleda
Banned
44 posts since 17 May, 2018

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 8:15 pm

EnGee wrote:There is a huge sale on RE in Propellerhead's shop now:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/deals/

I purchased FM4 for $25 and I'm very tempted to purchase Parsec2.

Anyway there are great racks out there and bundles. I thought also of Synapse RE collection which has The Legend, Antidote and interesting reverbs and other effects (I'm especially interested in the effects like Fat Space and GQ-7 as I already have The Legend and Dune 2, but still Antidote has much better interface!).
Well, still being on version 6.5, I'm unable to run any of the new Rack Extensions. Which is an odd issue to have, since VSTs always work no matter what version of DAW you're on. So I will be buying zero, since this doesn't seem to be an issue to them.
It's time to set the flux capacitor to 2018, bye bye VST2 and 32 bit.

ShawnG
KVRian
589 posts since 27 Apr, 2005

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 9:26 pm

sure, like all my current vsts that run real well in Ableton live 7... :roll:

EnGee
KVRAF
4767 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from New Zealand

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 10:29 pm

poleda wrote:
Well, still being on version 6.5, I'm unable to run any of the new Rack Extensions. Which is an odd issue to have, since VSTs always work no matter what version of DAW you're on. So I will be buying zero, since this doesn't seem to be an issue to them.
:lol:
Donate or bid in the "Call to Arms: Charity - 2nd Hand" and/or Visit the main auction here (Till 31st of October 2018).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

User avatar
poleda
Banned
44 posts since 17 May, 2018

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Wed May 23, 2018 11:06 pm

EnGee wrote:
poleda wrote:
Well, still being on version 6.5, I'm unable to run any of the new Rack Extensions. Which is an odd issue to have, since VSTs always work no matter what version of DAW you're on. So I will be buying zero, since this doesn't seem to be an issue to them.
:lol:
It's only funny until they release a newer version of the SDK and it makes all the previous versions of Reason and their extensions incompatible. Unless they realized what a big mistake this was last time and figured out the proper way to release an SDK update.
It's time to set the flux capacitor to 2018, bye bye VST2 and 32 bit.

EnGee
KVRAF
4767 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from New Zealand

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Thu May 24, 2018 1:12 am

poleda wrote:
EnGee wrote:
poleda wrote:
Well, still being on version 6.5, I'm unable to run any of the new Rack Extensions. Which is an odd issue to have, since VSTs always work no matter what version of DAW you're on. So I will be buying zero, since this doesn't seem to be an issue to them.
:lol:
It's only funny until they release a newer version of the SDK and it makes all the previous versions of Reason and their extensions incompatible. Unless they realized what a big mistake this was last time and figured out the proper way to release an SDK update.
I'm not sure about what you are complaining?! :lol:

Have the Rack Extensions that you run before with version 6.5 stopped to run? Do you want a free upgrade to version 10.1 from 6.5?! If you want a solution, then upgrade to the latest version! Or you just want to complain about anything?!
Donate or bid in the "Call to Arms: Charity - 2nd Hand" and/or Visit the main auction here (Till 31st of October 2018).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

User avatar
braj
KVRAF
9090 posts since 5 Feb, 2004

Re: Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

Post Thu May 24, 2018 2:35 am

Reason is backward compatable, but not forwards compatable, you really can't expect to get new features some new REs require working in an older version. Yeah, it isn't the same as VSTs, but that's what you get with them being native to Reason. It all seems pretty reasonable to me ;)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Instruments”