Untitled (remixed)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Very nice and relaxing.

Lovely composition and interesting sound palette. Those sparkly chimes are mixed a touch loud though. Almost took my face off!

wagtunes wrote:Very nice and relaxing.
Thank you Mr Wagtunes! Appreciated. :tu:

Unaspected wrote:Lovely composition and interesting sound palette. Those sparkly chimes are mixed a touch loud though. Almost took my face off!
Re: the chimes.
Ironically, in another thread, (concerning dealing with upper frequency hearing loss), I posted some of my methods to deal with it. One was to mix so that I can hear them (the highs, that is), then turn them down until I couldn't when finalising the mix. Then forgot to do that on this track. :dog:
Anyway, I just posted a remix. Hope it's a bit easier on the ear! (Link in the op.)

Someone on YouTube asked about plugins...
Plugins: Waves TG12345 on every track (guitar, bass, mellotron, strings, choir, sitar, tambour, percussion), and again on the buses. This was how the original desk from the late 60's operated.) For reverb I used 3 Valhalla VintageVerbs (medium, long and very long), the echo is u-He's Satin. On the master Waves PuigChild compressor, Waves RS-56 eq, Brainworx XL limiter. That's a lot of compressors, but the secret is to keep the gain recuction down to 2-3 dbs each.
Hope this helps!

The chimes are quieter in the remix. This is another nice piece of late-Sunday night listening, and the mix is great, having both depth and width.

You could have called it Purple Rays.

Good work :)

Googly Smythe wrote:
Unaspected wrote:Lovely composition and interesting sound palette. Those sparkly chimes are mixed a touch loud though. Almost took my face off!
Re: the chimes.
Ironically, in another thread, (concerning dealing with upper frequency hearing loss), I posted some of my methods to deal with it. One was to mix so that I can hear them (the highs, that is), then turn them down until I couldn't when finalising the mix. Then forgot to do that on this track. :dog:
Anyway, I just posted a remix. Hope it's a bit easier on the ear! (Link in the op.)
You've got them sitting just fine now. I'm glad I could help a little. You're clearly very passionate about sound. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”