SONiVOX release Solina Redux

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SONiVOX has announced the launch of Solina Redux, an Arp Solina string ensemble emulation.

SONiVOX's Solina Redux virtual instrument adds a virtual analog synthesizer to a classic reproduction of an Arp Solina String Ensemble, then adds two fully-programmable 8-step sequencers.

The Arp Solina was the pre-eminent string ensemble in the 1970's, made famous by the Eagles, Elton John, Pink Floyd, The Cure, Joy Division, Tangerine Dream, New Order and many others. Its analog Violin, Viola, Cello, Contra Bass, Trumpet and Horn sounds have a sound that creates rich retro sounding orchestral ensembles, especially with its famous "Ensemble" chorus effect.

Solina Redux gives users access to the original Solina sounds, including a model of the Ensemble chorus effect, but includes a modern virtual analog synthesizer as a sidecar. The combination of these two synthesizers provides a sound palette that is both retro and modern or anything in between at your discretion. Each synth includes a multi-mode filter, amplitude and filter envelopes, LFO modulations and send effects.

To top it off, Solina Redux adds in two fully-programmable step sequencers, one for the Solina instrument and one for the analog synthesizer. Play one note and out comes a modern orchestra. Each step sequencer gives users 'per step' control over the pitch of each note, the volume of each note, the filter cutoff of each note, and the panning of each note. Other controls include gate time, tempo sync, time division, swing, note order and octave shift.

Features:
- A two-in-one Arp Solina and Virtual Analog Synthesizer.
- Both synths hot-rodded to include multi-mode filters (low-pass, high-pass, band pass, notch, peak) with individual LFO and envelope control.
- Three modelled effects including the Solina "Ensemble" effect, phaser, and vibrato.
- Two fully-programmable step sequencers including step control over filters and panning.

Pricing and Availability
SONiVOX Solina Redux is available at the introductory price of $129.99 USD through June 30, 2018, after which the retail will be $249.99 USD.

Enjoy,

Barry

$129.99 USD through June 30, 2018, after which the retail will be $249.99 USD. :o
I had to read this several times.
Sounds a bit over the top for me.
But maybe there is something special i missed?
Last edited by Cinebient on Fri May 25, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I already have a couple of Solina virtual instruments and $249 is ridiculous in my opinion. But the bigger issue is I will never buy another SONiVOX product again. From my experience they are one of the worst companies in this industry for customer service.

Solina sections sampled? Sounds like it.

SONiVOX, seriously, who is stupid enough to purchase this plugin even at half price? You are just making a fool of yourselves, this is complete hubris.

My guess is you are bleeding financially, but high prices are certainly not the way to go, no one will ever look at your plugins as premium plugins. You will most likely gain from selling your plugins at 1/4 of the contemplated price, because that's much closer to the market value.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Is it sampled or is it modelled?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

IMO opinion SONiVOX needs to regain trust before attempting to sell any new products. Real damage has been done to the brand, and restoring community trust should be the product manager's job #1 now.

They appear to have gone offline for several years, with no updates or bug fixes for products that have already been sold. Doubt many will buy in again until those questions are resolved, no matter how good a new product looks.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Looks like a pretty standard two-oscillator synth layered with some Solina samples. They seem to pointedly avoid saying that any of the actual Solina parts are synthesized, but because they've tacked on a basic synth, they can use "virtual analog" in the same sentence without technically lying.

One can never have enough string ensemble synthesizer. Demo is up: https://sonivoxmi.com/downloads/trial/solina-redux
I think it makes sense to test the product before tearing it up in public...

bobhva wrote:I already have a couple of Solina virtual instruments and $249 is ridiculous in my opinion. But the bigger issue is I will never buy another SONiVOX product again. From my experience they are one of the worst companies in this industry for customer service.
Not "one of the worst". THE worst. Absolutely worthless.

The older SONiVOX products seems like "abandonware" category. I agree that the company should regain trust, start communicating and such :) I hope they will rise again. I like the sound of some of their plugins, and I'll keep using them for a while.

But come on, this plugin didn't even hit their own news page so far... ( https://sonivoxmi.com/news ). It's not even on their facebook page, they are posting about Stratum but not about this (and they wrote this as Statum in another post). Should this give us confidence to spend money on them?

lajosuti wrote:The older SONiVOX products seems like "abandonware" category.
This is no surprise since they have the same owner as Air Music Technology.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Can't say I have any history with Sonivox. But I know that when SEVERAL here have the same story (not just one solitary voice) it bears paying attention to.

As intriguing as this might be, this more apropriately should be priced at 35$. There are already Solina VST of various qualities out there, and most are good enough. If you were to sell a Solina Chorus VST effect for 35$ that I could drop in after any of my other synths, that I would buy. But this doesn't begin to be worth a Benjamin in my view -- much less a couple of them. For that much, I can buy Falcon and go wild. I can buy that and use a Solina preset too.

This is a two trick pony. Nice, but a two trick pony does not a circus make.

Sonivox belongs to inMusic Brands and that makes it a no-no to me - simple as that. Air Music Tech belongs to inMusic as well. Take a look at their (Air's) subforum at KVR and see the endless feature requests and bug reports that were mostly never addressed. That's how pretty much every inMusic "Brand" behaves – at least from my experience. If they get their stuff together and become a company that actually cares for their customers then I'd happily change my opinion. Until then I'm out.

One further example of how trust-worthy a company Sonivox is (probably not only) to me:

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/sonivox-a ... ugin-32347

They announced this plugin just to look great at NAM 2016 (!), it should have been released that February - but it never was. They said they needed more time in order to finalize it, but now it's long vanished into the limbo.

This will probably be bundled with the next generation of AKAI keyboards, seems like the only justification for such an unrealistic price.

Return to “Instruments”