sxop - Can You Rock The Club

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVRs,

long time no post here, but finally I finished something new that I would like to share:

https://soundcloud.com/sxop/can-you-rock-the-club

It's a dance track written in G minor with a solid pace of 128 BPM :party:
Errmm don't question the song name, it's just the lyrics of the samples in the track :roll:

What do you think? Is the mixing alright? The instruments? The melodies? Structure?
I'm interested in your opinion and if you like I will also comment on your track :ud:

And now I will continue to checkout the cool tracks in this forum 8)

Thanks for listening and have a great day!
sxop

This is a bit more commercial than some of your other tracks, so it's not my all time favourite. Sounds pretty decent though for that sort of thing; it's just not the sort of thing that appeals to me in the same was as some of your other tracks have. I like the oriental/Arabic flavoured stuff you did a while back a lot! I think it's fair to say they had more of a unique character about them than this track.

At any rate, it's good to see you're back - the minute I saw you'd posted a track I listened straight away. Now I'm listening while watching the CL final, so critiquing the mix isn't that good an idea with all that crowd noise and commentary... The one thing I'd say is that around 1:25, you have some percussive noisy elements coming in that sound rather loud.

For the most part, I enjoyed it. I have a few nit picks about parts of the arrangement in places that I would have done differently (and I really think you dropped the ball at the end) but it was well done. Catchy. Had me tapping my foot. And I enjoyed listening to it. Mix sounded fine to me. Just a couple of things I'd change (mostly the end) but otherwise, it's fine.

Sounded like a lot of other club tracks which what you were shooting for. The tones you selected have a lot of energy. The beat was typical of the genre. If you never changed a thing it would be fine. If you were looking for a place to tinker, look to some percussion elements in the top end to create variety and interest.

sjm wrote:This is a bit more commercial than some of your other tracks, so it's not my all time favourite. Sounds pretty decent though for that sort of thing; it's just not the sort of thing that appeals to me in the same was as some of your other tracks have. I like the oriental/Arabic flavoured stuff you did a while back a lot! I think it's fair to say they had more of a unique character about them than this track.

At any rate, it's good to see you're back - the minute I saw you'd posted a track I listened straight away. Now I'm listening while watching the CL final, so critiquing the mix isn't that good an idea with all that crowd noise and commentary... The one thing I'd say is that around 1:25, you have some percussive noisy elements coming in that sound rather loud.
Hey steevm,

you're the fastest replier in the west :wink:

Nice to see someone remembering my previous tunes! Indeed, I personally also enjoy the gypsy scale because it gives this interesting character. Maybe my next track will follow again this scale.

About the percussive noise, I think I could find the culprit: it was the kick.
Already during production I realized that the kick produced some artifacts when the song is encoded into MP3. So I reduced the high frequencies, but maybe it was not enough.

So what I did now is reducing the high freqs of the kick a little more, remove some disturbing frequencies around 2-3kHz and soften the transients of the other percussive elements because they were fighting with the transient of the kick.

The song is updated on SC, check it out if you like :D

wagtunes wrote:For the most part, I enjoyed it. I have a few nit picks about parts of the arrangement in places that I would have done differently (and I really think you dropped the ball at the end) but it was well done. Catchy. Had me tapping my foot. And I enjoyed listening to it. Mix sounded fine to me. Just a couple of things I'd change (mostly the end) but otherwise, it's fine.
Hi wagtunes,

thank you for your feedback!
I'm never sure how to do the arrangement, so I will have to learn a little bit more about it.
Very glad, you enjoyed it nevertheless!
Foot-tapping, awesome :tu:

rotku60 wrote:Sounded like a lot of other club tracks which what you were shooting for. The tones you selected have a lot of energy. The beat was typical of the genre. If you never changed a thing it would be fine. If you were looking for a place to tinker, look to some percussion elements in the top end to create variety and interest.
Hi rotku60,

you discovered my greatest weakness: creating nice percussions that fit the mix :(
I randomly put some claps, snares and rides here and there and hope it works :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”