Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

c-wave wrote:
Kung VU wrote:The manual says that you can navigate the patches with the PATCH- and PATCH+ buttons; on my system (Windows 10 x64) under the LCD screen, PATCH- works, while PATCH+ doesn't ! Can you please check this on your system? thx.
If you cycle through your patches and there is a patch that has a broken link/directory your panorama will not continue to the next patch. This might be what you are experiencing. I can't be sure though.

Hi, patch + patch- working fine here same OS.
100% agreed we need a + button!
Fun time's.

I can't find the "Mod" button. help...

Double checked the documentation. The old user guide had a section on modulation on page 14. Unless I am blind, this has been omitted from the new guide. hmm...

proverbs wrote:
c-wave wrote:
Kung VU wrote:The manual says that you can navigate the patches with the PATCH- and PATCH+ buttons; on my system (Windows 10 x64) under the LCD screen, PATCH- works, while PATCH+ doesn't ! Can you please check this on your system? thx.
If you cycle through your patches and there is a patch that has a broken link/directory your panorama will not continue to the next patch. This might be what you are experiencing. I can't be sure though.
No I am 100% sure. I tested again: What you talking bout is when you choose the patch from the browser. But once you do that and the browser is gone, you can (presumably) should still use the patch+ or patch- to go to the next or previous patch. But only pressing on Patch- works, pressing on Patch+ does not.

However, using Patch+ and Patch- with the data control to quickly scroll thru the patches still works. So what I am saying is that this software is still premature (more like a beta) and this after two years of waiting.. can't blame it all on Nektar though because they could only do that since 1.2 early beta API came out I presume.. but for me it is still a 2 year wait never the less.

what's teasing me to the core is that it seems that many of the instruments, especially the FX VST's, are not mapped as claimed:

Panorama VSTi Instrument Plug-in Map List:
http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB ... ategory=20

Panorama FX VST Plug-in Map List
http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB ... ategory=20

you simply load the VST and if you see Pages instead of Menu then it is NOT mapped by Nektar. Photo capture from the manual.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

c-wave wrote:I don't believe there is no support for the best synth of all time; Omnisphere !!!
Yes, please add Spectrasonics plugins... and Synapse Audio Dune 2 too.
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Janusz Grzybek wrote:
c-wave wrote:I don't believe there is no support for the best synth of all time; Omnisphere !!!
Yes, please add Spectrasonics plugins... and Synapse Audio Dune 2 too.
I debated Omnisphere (and Kontakt) support with them thru several emails.. No plans to support them, period. No idea about Dune 2.

I wonder if the problem with Omnisphere is that it doesn't actually have any automation assignments by default, you have to set them up per project. They do persist in that if you save a template made in something like NI Kore or Kontrol it will reload next time with the same params setup, but since Panorama's interaction with plugins is mediated by the host they can't do that.

aMUSEd wrote:I wonder if the problem with Omnisphere is that it doesn't actually have any automation assignments by default, you have to set them up per project. They do persist in that if you save a template made in something like NI Kore or Kontrol it will reload next time with the same params setup, but since Panorama's interaction with plugins is mediated by the host they can't do that.
This is their recent reply on the subject:

Kontakt and Omnisphere are two tricky cases. These plug-ins can change their list of automatable parameters from one patch to the next. For this reason, any mapping we create may only be correct for one patch. The plug-in map we created for use with Cubase and Reaper integration basically give the user the ability to map parameters to a few template ages (similar to what you can do with Bitwig's device panel mapping).

c-wave wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I wonder if the problem with Omnisphere is that it doesn't actually have any automation assignments by default, you have to set them up per project. They do persist in that if you save a template made in something like NI Kore or Kontrol it will reload next time with the same params setup, but since Panorama's interaction with plugins is mediated by the host they can't do that.
This is their recent reply on the subject:

Kontakt and Omnisphere are two tricky cases. These plug-ins can change their list of automatable parameters from one patch to the next. For this reason, any mapping we create may only be correct for one patch. The plug-in map we created for use with Cubase and Reaper integration basically give the user the ability to map parameters to a few template ages (similar to what you can do with Bitwig's device panel mapping).
I don't see why it's such a big deal. Once parameters are enabled for host automation, it's easy to save a template with these assignments, which persist when changing patches. And it doesn't have to be set up per project, it can be the default when you load Omnisphere. If Nektar were to make a template, all they would have to do is provide the Omnisphere template to load so that the automation IDs line up with the Nektar mapping. As with any multi-timbral plug-in, it wouldn't be possible to map out all 8 instruments, but they could throughly do one instance, which is often how people use Omnisphere anyways.

This would be the same with a Kore or Machine template or anything automation ID based mapping. Once the automation template is done then it's just like any other plug-in.

I sold my P4 because i wasn't able to quickly select a Device Parameter Page in Bitwig.
Do you still have to press a button, then scroll with the "Data" knob, then push it to select a different page?

If we could switch pages with just a press of a button I'd re-buy it.

I still want to rebuy it because it's a great piece of gear, did you improve the device parameter page in Bitwig?
Can we access them quicker now?

Personally, i think the Panorama/Bitwig combination is the best I've seen. The NI/Akai solution requires a mini-host for it to work and even Panorama with Cubase requires Nektartech to map the plugins for you. You can map your own but you are limited to four pages which cannot be renamed.

Reason with Panorama is better but requires some scripting with debugging to get it all working with any new rack extensions that are released. I just don't have the time to do it.

No, Bitwig provides a very easy to use mapping solution that I'm very impressed with and is one of the main reasons why I use this DAW.

by auricle;
"You can map your own but you are limited to four pages which cannot be renamed" How to do it ?
Why is there no LEARN option?
In Remote Control, you can not use faders and buttons with only 8 macro for mapping.

Whats new on the integration side with nektar panorama series? I found this video pretty useful for manually configuring hardware synths https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uypmD1cmE90

Return to “Bitwig”