Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Hellfog
KVRist

449 posts since 1 Jan, 2009

Postby Hellfog; Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

And I thought "Men's Laser Radial World Championship" was laser shooting competition. :hihi:
skipscada
KVRian

1417 posts since 22 Oct, 2004, from Schmocation

Postby skipscada; Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:44 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

Hellfog wrote:And I thought "Men's Laser Radial World Championship" was laser shooting competition. :hihi:

To be honest I had to look it up, although I was pretty sure Laser was a sailboat class. Having informed myself about the Radial, I'm now suprised to see it's a actually a men's championship, since the Radial is specifically built for lighter sailors and is typicaly sailed by women (a women's class in the olympics). That means I can't use the tongue-twisting line "rabid sailor ladies racing in the laser radial". Back to the drawing board. :help:
wagtunes
KVRAF

11706 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:18 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

@Jonny Quest

I want partial writing credits. LMAO.

That is the hardest I have laughed while listening to music since Cheech and Chong's "Sister Mary Elephant."

I saw Vocaloid in the description and I just had to listen. Hysterical.

If you don't win this month I give up. That was priceless. LMAO.
Jonny Quest
KVRist

465 posts since 27 Dec, 2004

Postby Jonny Quest; Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:30 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

wagtunes wrote:@Jonny Quest

That is the hardest I have laughed while listening to music since Cheech and Chong's "Sister Mary Elephant."

Ha. Thanks--your lyrics were what inspired me to create a track for this month. I tried to hire real vocalists but they refused :wink: so I went Vocaloid. Glad you enjoyed :tu:
wagtunes
KVRAF

11706 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

Jonny Quest wrote:
wagtunes wrote:@Jonny Quest

Ha. Thanks--your lyrics were what inspired me to create a track for this month. I tried to hire real vocalists but they refused :wink: so I went Vocaloid. Glad you enjoyed :tu:

It was fantastic. The Vocaloid vocals fit the song perfectly given the very synth like arrangement. Did you run any of them through a vocoder?
Jonny Quest
KVRist

465 posts since 27 Dec, 2004

Postby Jonny Quest; Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:51 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

wagtunes wrote:The Vocaloid vocals fit the song perfectly given the very synth like arrangement. Did you run any of them through a vocoder?

In the intro/tease chorus, yes, I ran one of the "girl" vocaloids through a vocoder in one of the synth patches. But through the rest of the verses and choruses, I just played with formant curves, verb and eq. In my untrained hands, Vocaloid has such a mechanical auto-tune quality, it practically vocodes itself. I am amazed when I hear those rare talented folks who can use it to create "realistic" vocal performances.
per99
KVRist

34 posts since 5 Oct, 2017

Postby per99; Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:50 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

DrApostropheX wrote:

”The challenge this month is to create the "official" theme song for the Championships of any sport...”

I instantly thought of an official theme song for one particular country, participating in one of the championships. And as Sweden in a few days will meet South Korea in the world cup in Russia, I decided to write a song (including lyrics) that will encourage the Swedish team (though I'm aware the will probably not reach round of 16).

The question is: Have I misunderstood the KVR-rules? Or can I go on with my entry, now that I'm halfway through?
Per B, Sweden :phones:
DrApostropheX
KVRAF

1977 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from Nearish Detroit, MI

Postby DrApostropheX; Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:06 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

Go for it! I can't wait to hear your entry.
folderol
KVRAF

4708 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

Well now!
That ups the ante, a song about real people and a real event :tu: :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
DrApostropheX
KVRAF

1977 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from Nearish Detroit, MI

Postby DrApostropheX; Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 am Re: June Contest: Gossip

As long as it's about sports people sporting at a sporting event I think we can all be good sports!
skipscada
KVRian

1417 posts since 22 Oct, 2004, from Schmocation

Postby skipscada; Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:29 pm Re: June Contest: Gossip

The framework for my yacht rock theme for the Laser Radial championship is in place. So far it's so somniferous that I may have to fade out after 1 minute or two, but I still have time for a couple of sessions to spice it up a bit. Falsetto backing vocals is a must, and some latin perc and synth strings should help. The biggest problem is listening to proper soft rock tracks for reference. I don't think I can take much more.
Previous

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe