I stand before the mountain, yet there is still the mountain (abstract glitch)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Eauson on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 6
Performance - 6
Mix - 5

Overall - 5.5

Comments: I find the overall mix very loud and a bit boxy. Musically I felt it didn't go much beyond the initial motif. I think there's something here worth developing but found the piece a bit monotonous.

the lock upon my garden gate's a snail,
that's what it is ...

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback
Comments: I find the overall mix very loud and a bit boxy. Musically I felt it didn't go much beyond the initial motif. I think there's something here worth developing but found the piece a bit monotonous.
Thanks for listening, yes, as the title alluded to :)
experimental.crow wrote:the lock upon my garden gate's a snail,
that's what it is ...
Now this one is cryptic, though I be!ieve I understand
:pray:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson.....Very nice.......The timbres are balanced well. Perfect for video. I imagined driving down a lonely interstate highway at night.

it brings to mind children, playing in the garden.
the playful nature of the main instrument being the children and the sparser more glitch timbres the long grass they are running through :)

an enjoyable listen 8)

This tune immediately gave me ideas.
I never in my life have heard sounds like this.
Please keep developing this style and don't give up.
It's dreamy.
Download & play soothing music: https://soundcloud.com/wait_codec

vurt wrote:it brings to mind children, playing in the garden.
the playful nature of the main instrument being the children and the sparser more glitch timbres the long grass they are running through :)
an enjoyable listen 8)
Now this is a relaxed image, thank you
After the manic moments its nice to know :)
NystagmusE wrote:This tune immediately gave me ideas.
I never in my life have heard sounds like this.
Please keep developing this style and don't give up.
It's dreamy.
Dammit, gave you ideas, this' was never my intention!! :D
This was an OneSynthChallenge track, so its like a box of chocolates.
Sometimes its good to be challenged :hihi:
Resetti wrote:Eauson.....Very nice.......The timbres are balanced well. Perfect for video. I imagined driving down a lonely interstate highway at night.
Many thanks, that's an interesting idea :)

I would consider this an ambient piece due to the repetitive nature of the track. If that is your intention then I think you got there. I would, however, agree that it is too loud and you must have been redlining your master bus.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Good sound. I like the guitar scrapes type thing. They add variation to an otherwise repetitive loop. It's good. :) But it didn't make me think of magic mountains. :(

I post a comment, yet there is still a comment (WTF?) :scared:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Eauson wrote:hI stand before the mountain, yet there is still the mountain
...and, "The door is (a)jar"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whktaYDlsk4

Enjoyed the piece, although ti seemed like the intro to something bigger :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Eauson wrote:hI stand before the mountain, yet there is still the mountain
...and, "The door is (a)jar"

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whktaYDlsk4</span>

Enjoyed the piece, although ti seemed like the intro to something bigger :tu:
Yes, have recently recovered from a damaged hard drive, so its basically just an idea that I thought might be interesting to post and get an understanding how people reacted and whether it was worth expanding upon :)

Bill Hicks brought a tear to my eye, I miss him.
Aloysius wrote:Good sound. I like the guitar scrapes type thing. They add variation to an otherwise repetitive loop. It's good. :) But it didn't make me think of magic mountains. :(

I post a comment, yet there is still a comment (WTF?) :scared:
Thanks,I guess the relationship of the name and the track is minimal, it is basically me looking at how far I have come and the work I need to do to improve both my music and my outlook.
biodiode wrote:I would consider this an ambient piece due to the repetitive nature of the track. If that is your intention then I think you got there. I would, however, agree that it is too loud and you must have been redlining your master bus.
Thanks, I don't tend to redline, however this is a slightly different mix from the original, i hadnt seen the comment that it was too loud, I may have increased the volume too much without realising after I recovered from a damaged HD .
The original is here
https://archive.org/details/OSC81OxeFM/ ... FM+KVR.mp3

Thanks to all for listening and commenting, its always enlightening to get feedback from other music makers :)

^ I get it. Actually, it's a good title.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Eauson wrote:
Aloysious wrote:But it didn't make me think of magic mountains. :(
Thanks,I guess the relationship of the name and the track is minimal, it is basically me looking at how far I have come and the work I need to do to improve
And there was I thinking it was clever word-play; a juxtaposition of time and space, perhaps.

I need to get out more :wink:

I enjoyed it. I don't necessarily agree that it needed any more development. I thought it worked very well as it was. The sounds were well matched and I enjoyed the relaxed Aphex Twin vibe.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”