Noise gate VST with reverse gate capability with 2 separate audio inputs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. Please let me explain.

I want to setup a noise gate for my broadcasting microphone for streaming/gaming purposes so i can use a microphone alongside with loudspeakers with the goal of minimising background noise pickup to a maximum.

Currently my setup is a pair of Yamaha HS8 monitors (yes i do some beginner audio stuff), driven by a Reloop Play DAC (which will be upgraded to a Focusrite 2i2 gen 2 shortly), and a Samson Q2U dynamic cardioid/supercardioid mic.

As you can imagine achieving this is difficult to be done in software, so best is to prevent the background noise from picked up in the first place, so using a mic with a tight polar pick-up pattern is the first thing you need to do. From experience getting such a mic is expensive (for my budget) that's why i settled with the Q2U after much research, but as a side note, 2nd best budget option should be a microphone array but that is a story for another day.

Second step is to do some noise gate processing as there is only need for the mic to give a signal only at certain times. A standard noise gate does half the work, but since we know when the speakers will produce a loud sound that it is going to get picked up we can also setup a REVERSE noise gate.

However i have no experience on how to do this, and here's where you come in.

Is there is a VST available that will accept 2 separate audio inputs and perform 2 noise gates on one of the signals in the basis of an AND operator?
AKA, (when audio signal X is high) AND (when audio signal Y is low), THEN (allow audio signal X pass through)?

I guess it needs to be a multi-track VST or one that supports side-chaining at least to do this, right?

As for the software setup i am probably going to use Voicemeeter Banana and a light VST host program to do this, if up to the task, since i need something to run without putting much load on the CPU.

Any help is really appreciated!

Kind regards

really, no-one? :/

TnF wrote:Is there is a VST available that will accept 2 separate audio inputs and perform 2 noise gates on one of the signals in the basis of an AND operator?
AKA, (when audio signal X is high) AND (when audio signal Y is low), THEN (allow audio signal X pass through)?
Does Unfiltered Audio G8 get you there?

Return to “Effects”