June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And I thought "Men's Laser Radial World Championship" was laser shooting competition. :hihi:

Hellfog wrote:And I thought "Men's Laser Radial World Championship" was laser shooting competition. :hihi:
To be honest I had to look it up, although I was pretty sure Laser was a sailboat class. Having informed myself about the Radial, I'm now suprised to see it's a actually a men's championship, since the Radial is specifically built for lighter sailors and is typicaly sailed by women (a women's class in the olympics). That means I can't use the tongue-twisting line "rabid sailor ladies racing in the laser radial". Back to the drawing board. :help:

I submitted my sports track.

@Jonny Quest

I want partial writing credits. LMAO.

That is the hardest I have laughed while listening to music since Cheech and Chong's "Sister Mary Elephant."

I saw Vocaloid in the description and I just had to listen. Hysterical.

If you don't win this month I give up. That was priceless. LMAO.

wagtunes wrote:@Jonny Quest

That is the hardest I have laughed while listening to music since Cheech and Chong's "Sister Mary Elephant."

Ha. Thanks--your lyrics were what inspired me to create a track for this month. I tried to hire real vocalists but they refused :wink: so I went Vocaloid. Glad you enjoyed :tu:

Jonny Quest wrote:
wagtunes wrote:@Jonny Quest

Ha. Thanks--your lyrics were what inspired me to create a track for this month. I tried to hire real vocalists but they refused :wink: so I went Vocaloid. Glad you enjoyed :tu:
It was fantastic. The Vocaloid vocals fit the song perfectly given the very synth like arrangement. Did you run any of them through a vocoder?

wagtunes wrote: The Vocaloid vocals fit the song perfectly given the very synth like arrangement. Did you run any of them through a vocoder?
In the intro/tease chorus, yes, I ran one of the "girl" vocaloids through a vocoder in one of the synth patches. But through the rest of the verses and choruses, I just played with formant curves, verb and eq. In my untrained hands, Vocaloid has such a mechanical auto-tune quality, it practically vocodes itself. I am amazed when I hear those rare talented folks who can use it to create "realistic" vocal performances.

DrApostropheX wrote:

”The challenge this month is to create the "official" theme song for the Championships of any sport...”

I instantly thought of an official theme song for one particular country, participating in one of the championships. And as Sweden in a few days will meet South Korea in the world cup in Russia, I decided to write a song (including lyrics) that will encourage the Swedish team (though I'm aware the will probably not reach round of 16).

The question is: Have I misunderstood the KVR-rules? Or can I go on with my entry, now that I'm halfway through?
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Go for it! I can't wait to hear your entry.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Well now!
That ups the ante, a song about real people and a real event :tu: :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

As long as it's about sports people sporting at a sporting event I think we can all be good sports!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

The framework for my yacht rock theme for the Laser Radial championship is in place. So far it's so somniferous that I may have to fade out after 1 minute or two, but I still have time for a couple of sessions to spice it up a bit. Falsetto backing vocals is a must, and some latin perc and synth strings should help. The biggest problem is listening to proper soft rock tracks for reference. I don't think I can take much more.

gonna pass this month - work is kinda crazy right now . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Hey DT, couldn't wait to hear the track you just posted. Excellent as expected. Love the slide guitar. Track reminded me of Eric Clapton from his early to mid 70s era.

Your first place medal will be waiting at the front desk.

wagtunes wrote:Eric Clapton
:o

Slide guitar is bloody hard! Trying to remember to put the bastard thing actually on the frets and not between them is a nightmare. :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”