Which u-he product to use the newsletter voucher on?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

With the 25% voucher sent to newsletter subscribers, I am interested in picking up one of the u-he synths but would like to hear from KVR users first. I only have Repro so far, a great synth that's easy-to-use and leads to good results fairly quickly.

Since I am far from a pro tweaker, I am leaning towards something quite unique that leads to decent results fast. So far, I am leaning towards Zebra2 since it seems to produce damn good results, and there are tons of resources and presets around for it. But I feel like I know too little about the rest of the products.

Any help/input is greatly appreciated, curious to see what others think!

Just as you, I am far from being a soundesigner.

But I use the freebies Triple Cheese, Podolski, Tyrell N6 and Zebralette. Very fine synths, very stable. I also have Zebra and am amazed of the capabilities it bears. You're not doing anything wrong with the synths of U-He.

But I can't tell you anything about the sound of Diva & Co from my own experience.

Hope that helps a little bit!
If you don't fail - you didn't even try

If I was in your situation I would also go for Zebra2. Zebra2 was the second plugin synth I ever bought. The reason to buy Zebra2 is that you can make so many different kinds of sounds with it. It's suitable for all kind of music genres. When I first got it I thought it was a bit intimidating but Uhe have made a series of tutorial videos that are available on Youtube. I watched every video while I had Zebra2 loaded up. I learned a lot, not only about Zebra2 but about tweaking in general. It's is also fairly kind to your CPU.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I have Bazille and RePro and used the voucher (just 5 minutes ago, actually...) for Zebra2 :)

Hive for me sounds overly simplistic and without specific character. Diva is awesome but from what I hear is CPU heavy and I use Surface Pro 4 i7 which - being a tablet - is obviously not super powerful. ACE is a smaller Bazille (I know this isn't fully accurate).

In your case I'd pick between Bazille or Zebra2, but seeing how you describe yourself as being "far from a pro tweaker" I'd imagine Zebra2 might be more approachable as it doesn't require wiring, but is still very modular and the "matrix" in the middle seems to be easier to decipher than jacks, cables & potentiometers of Bazille. On the other hand, Bazille might be more fun as you can get interesting stuff accidentally, by sticking cables in random places.

D/L both, try them out but I think you'll end up with Zebra2 :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

When buying Zebra 2 can you combine this voucher with the Dinosaur crossgrade?

antic604 wrote:I have Bazille and RePro and used the voucher (just 5 minutes ago, actually...) for Zebra2 :)

Hive for me sounds overly simplistic and without specific character. Diva is awesome but from what I hear is CPU heavy and I use Surface Pro 4 i7 which - being a tablet - is obviously not super powerful. ACE is a smaller Bazille (I know this isn't fully accurate).

In your case I'd pick between Bazille or Zebra2, but seeing how you describe yourself as being "far from a pro tweaker" I'd imagine Zebra2 might be more approachable as it doesn't require wiring, but is still very modular and the "matrix" in the middle seems to be easier to decipher than jacks, cables & potentiometers of Bazille. On the other hand, Bazille might be more fun as you can get interesting stuff accidentally, by sticking cables in random places.

D/L both, try them out but I think you'll end up with Zebra2 :)
Good points, but to my ears Bazille has somehow better overall sound than Zebra
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

antic604 wrote:Hive for me sounds overly simplistic and without specific character.
Hehehe, let me wholeheartedly disagree. Hive has the best modulation system out of all our synths. Granted, it isn't super duper audio rate like ACE/Bazille, but it is extremely powerful. There are so many surprises among the presets, especially in terms of playability and "How the f* did they do that?!?", I don't think "overly simplistic" is a fair characterisation. The current beta in our company forum vastly extends the modulation system with additional modifiers, and we're working on even more.

We will change the whole "Super Fast - Super Sounds" mumbo jumbo about it in the next couple of months. I think people will see Hive with different eyes once we're done with the 1.2 update 8)

Stefken wrote:When buying Zebra 2 can you combine this voucher with the Dinosaur crossgrade?
Yes, would also like to know about this.

Urs wrote:The current beta in our company forum vastly extends the modulation system with additional modifiers, and we're working on even more.
Will it include the possibility to use the osillators as modulation sources?

Also I've read in an another thread that you are going to expand the set of oscilltor waveforms in Hive, are these going to be just additional static waveforms, or there going be some waveform morphing?

I'm also thinking where to use my voucher, since there are not many U-He products which I don't own yet, I'm considering Hive.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

perpetual3 wrote:
Stefken wrote:When buying Zebra 2 can you combine this voucher with the Dinosaur crossgrade?
No, it's not possible. The Share-It cart only allows use of one coupon code per purchase, not a stack of several.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:
No, it's not possible. The Share-It cart only allows use of one coupon code per purchase, not a stack of several.
So then it’s possible for U-He to generate a new coupon code for those who submit a dinosaur crossgrade to also include the 25% coupon?

BeeDog wrote:Hi all,

With the 25% voucher sent to newsletter subscribers, I am interested in picking up one of the u-he synths but would like to hear from KVR users first. I only have Repro so far, a great synth that's easy-to-use and leads to good results fairly quickly.

Since I am far from a pro tweaker, I am leaning towards something quite unique that leads to decent results fast. So far, I am leaning towards Zebra2 since it seems to produce damn good results, and there are tons of resources and presets around for it. But I feel like I know too little about the rest of the products.

Any help/input is greatly appreciated, curious to see what others think!
Zebra2 is U-He's best all around synth (and one of the best from any company), and it's more expensive than the others, meaning you'll save more when applying the 25% voucher. ;)

I have Zebra already, but I want to buy another to compliment it. Which would best provide sounds that Zebra can't make?

And also, I just read that they will be switching all their store currencies to Euro starting July. Is this going to make things more or less expensive for someone purchasing using US dollars?

twitewhite wrote:And also, I just read that they will be switching all their store currencies to Euro starting July. Is this going to make things more or less expensive for someone purchasing using US dollars?
More

What's the point in tying a voucher to a newsletter subscription? 8)

Return to “Instruments”