Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-373 Vintage Compressor/Limiter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCL-373 Vintage Compressor/Limiter

sqigls wrote:I think the larger GUIs need to be re-rendered in resolution, or for each size or something.
I'm suspecting that would make the .vst or .dll file much bigger in size, but currently anything over 100% is too blurry to use for me.
The included graphics are rendered and stored at 2x so at 100% they show in full resolution on e.g. Retina displays. Scaling for lower target resolution is performed on the fly which essentially comes for free on today's graphic cards. There'd be in fact enough headroom for showing them at 150% or even 200% given the DPI-scaling is 1x. In all other cases, you're right, you would just see upscaled versions of lower resolution graphics and stuff would need to be rerendered at at least 4x which would of course tremendously increase the binary/bundle size.

Best,
Ray

Didn't understand/recognize what hardware exactly emulated...

Turello wrote:Didn't understand/recognize what hardware exactly emulated...
TAB / Telefunken U373
It's easy if you know how

Lesha wrote:
Turello wrote:Didn't understand/recognize what hardware exactly emulated...
TAB / Telefunken U373
Thanks Lesha! ^_^

Wow, this is one of those very rare "just make everything a bit better" plugins.

I still don't like that these (or the BRA plugins) aren't zero latency - I use *a lot* of plugins in my chains and it all stacks up in a bad way. My only feature request for the future!

Liero wrote:Wow, this is one of those very rare "just make everything a bit better" plugins.

I still don't like that these (or the BRA plugins) aren't zero latency - I use *a lot* of plugins in my chains and it all stacks up in a bad way. My only feature request for the future!
It's aliasing or latency. Some plugins have optional oversampling that dynamically updates latency, but not every host plays nice with this so many developers won't touch it.

I'll choose a small amount of latency if it means better sound quality. You'll only hear latency on input monitored tracks, so just go zero latency plugs only when input monitoring or monitor via the hardware directly, and it's a non issue IMO. It's a fair compromise.

Liero wrote:Wow, this is one of those very rare "just make everything a bit better" plugins.

Hi Liero,

Thanks for the comment!

As for the latency, it's pretty much as Funky Bot's Evil Twin has outlined, it's always a trade off between latency, aliasing, increased CPU load, diminished audio transparency and what plugin protocols support or do not support, in other words compatibility. I hope that 32 samples FIR latency with linear phase, ripple <0.02dB above 18k and >72 dB stop band attenuation are a good compromise between all those constraints (the gentle roll-off you see below the steep knee caused by the interpolation/anti aliasing FIRs comes from the emulated audio amplifier frequency response btw.).
No offense or smart assing here, this is just an attempt at providing a better picture of what a developer has to consider.

I'm glad you like the plugin and it sits in the "makes everything a bit better" category in your book. Much appreciated :tu:

Best,
Ray
Last edited by fuseaudiolabs on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow yet another great product! You're a machine! :o

fuseaudiolabs wrote:In all other cases, you're right, you would just see upscaled versions of lower resolution graphics and stuff would need to be rerendered at at least 4x which would of course tremendously increase the binary/bundle size.
In this modern day and age, I wouldn't consider that an issue. The trade-off of having higher quality graphics is worth the small price of a larger download and tiny amount of extra hard drive space used.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

zvenx wrote:And bought.
Is this suppose to be an emulation of the hardware that this is an emulation of?
https://shop.audified.com/products/u73b-compressor

rsp
What are those two metal things suppose to be? Any idea?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I think it's a handle/lever to pull it out off / lock it in within the console
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Russell Grand wrote:Wow yet another great product! You're a machine! :o
Thanks, Russel :tu:

jens wrote:I think it's a handle/lever to pull it out off / lock it in within the console
Ah thanks
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

bought
Thanks again for the ample intro period.
Love it!
Another "make-gooderizer" :)

It's quite astonishing how good your plugins sound while having such minimal controls.
Always a pleasure to use!

sqigls wrote:bought
Thanks again for the ample intro period.
Love it!
Another "make-gooderizer" :)

It's quite astonishing how good your plugins sound while having such minimal controls.
Always a pleasure to use!
Thanks for your feedback sqigls, very appreciated!

Best,
Ray

Return to “Effects”