IKM plugins not resizable WTF?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
simon.a.billington
KVRian
1412 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:05 am

T-RackS 5 is worth the upgrade in my opinion, not just for revising, since I don’t really use that feature.

The future of 32-bit is nigh, too, it’s wothwhile beginning the process to making sure all your plugins are 64-bit compatible.

Scotty
KVRAF
1666 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Re: IKM plugins not resizable WTF?

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:16 am

None of my version 4 T-racks plugins were resizable. I bought version 5 due to the new plugins and the resizable guis. I may be wrong but I don't think Ik disabled gui resizing in version 4 plugins or am I misinterpreting your comment?

DarkStar wrote:
GreyLion wrote:This should be a a no-brainer, Peter. You're crippling plugins that customers bought in good faith, disabling a basic functionality that they've already paid for. It's unethical.
What functionality? Resizing was never part of T-RackS 4 (or 3 or earlier).
Asusp9712Core,RayDats,OASYSPCI,Cubase9,KorgLeg,Avalon737s+2022,UA4710D,6176,DCS,LA610MK2s,Neve, ARC2, Soundtoys,UADOCTO,AdamA7X, SphereMics, BCF+R2000s, DrmBrut,MiniLog,Volcas,MoogSubPhat,EnsqDP4,VirusC,Scope,MinBrut,Plugiator,NIS61 Ultimate,ComposrsCld.

simon.a.billington
KVRian
1412 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:04 am

Scotty wrote:None of my version 4 T-racks plugins were resizable. I bought version 5 due to the new plugins and the resizable guis. I may be wrong but I don't think Ik disabled gui resizing in version 4 plugins or am I misinterpreting your comment?

DarkStar wrote:
GreyLion wrote:This should be a a no-brainer, Peter. You're crippling plugins that customers bought in good faith, disabling a basic functionality that they've already paid for. It's unethical.
What functionality? Resizing was never part of T-RackS 4 (or 3 or earlier).
No I just don’t think resizable UIs existed then. It’s still not that common in 2018.

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
5911 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:04 am

axb312 wrote:...I can not downgrade to T Racks 4 apparently.
You should have T-RackS Custom Shop v4.x in your IK User Area. Support can assist you further if you are not able to see, download, install, or use that.
Also, IKM's replies like "we don't charge anything to re-download your plugins" - like thats doing us a big favor....this justs irks me....
Sorry to hear that is how you interpreted that but I was correcting incorrect information from another post. We do not charge anything to re-download your plugins. This was potentially confusing for those that would not know that this is not our policy. We do have the 180 days for sound library downloads which is different and which I explained further in the same reply.

Thanks.

funky lime
KVRian
1132 posts since 17 Sep, 2002

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:09 am

Non-resizable GUIs are part of the whole Hyper-Realistic aesthetic.

Reefius
KVRist
460 posts since 7 Dec, 2013 from Belgium

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:39 am

It's 2018, bandwidth is cheap so I see no reason for this 180 days rule. Customers should be able to download the full products they paid for at any time.

If I buy a new PC tomorrow, I can download all my DAW's, plugins and sound libraries for free. That includes:

- NI Komplete Ultimate 11 (several hundreds GB)
- All my NI Expansions (20 GB)
- NI Maschine + all its content (8 GB)
- Ableton Live + all included content (over 70 GB)
- Cubase + all content (15 GB)
- All my third party Kontakt libraries (around 70 GB)

Together this is over 500 GB of content (after installation) I can download whenever I need it. It will probably take me 2 days to download and install everything, but at least I know there's not gonna be some greedy company asking me more money for products I already payed for.

funky lime
KVRian
1132 posts since 17 Sep, 2002

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:57 am

Reefius wrote:It's 2018, bandwidth is cheap so I see no reason for this 180 days rule. Customers should be able to download the full products they paid for at any time.
While I don't agree with the practice, to their credit, IK did give me a free download voucher when I asked. I was mean in my email, and I think they just gave it to me to make me feel bad about being mean. It doens't hurt to ask, anyway. The message of their response included something along the lines of "next time, just ask and explain the situation, and we'll try to work it out."

Hard disk drives are so cheap nowadays that I'd rather pay to backup my 500gb worth of stuff locally than have to wait 2+ full days to re-download it all. Time is money, as they say.

DarkStar
KVRAF
8563 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:52 am

Reefius wrote:It's 2018, bandwidth is cheap so I see no reason for this 180 days rule. Customers should be able to download the full products they paid for at any time.
Not everywhere, not for everyone.
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

axb312
KVRist
160 posts since 25 Aug, 2017

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:21 am

1.It's 2018
2. A lot of us use big screens (I believe)..
3. Individual plugins sell for 125 USD/ EUR.
4. Don't need other plugins from T-Racks.
5. Need more metering options in Stealth limter and the Bus compressor.

This is all my personal opinion. Perhaps some of us share it. None of these will disappoint IKM's customers. Is there going to be any resolution for IKM on this?

imrae
KVRist
424 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:52 am

It isn't entirely clear to me from this discussion whether this only applies to used (v4) plugins or to new ones as well.

If I, having no previous engagement with T-racks, buy a new T-racks individual plugin from IKM today, say this €150 mastering EQ, will that be resizeable? Or would I be required to buy a pack of other plugins that I may not want/need in order to enable that feature?

axb312
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:36 am

imrae wrote:It isn't entirely clear to me from this discussion whether this only applies to used (v4) plugins or to new ones as well.

If I, having no previous engagement with T-racks, buy a new T-racks individual plugin from IKM today, say this €150 mastering EQ, will that be resizeable? Or would I be required to buy a pack of other plugins that I may not want/need in order to enable that feature?
You'd buy a 125 EUR plugin and then you'd be told to buy a bunch of other plugs for 150 EUR or so if you wanted the first plugin to be resizable....

DarkStar
KVRAF

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:06 am

^^^
That is not the case. Individual TR5 plug-ins are resizeable.
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

Scotty
KVRAF
1666 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:50 am

So much misinformation and misunderstanding in this thread.
DarkStar wrote:^^^
Asusp9712Core,RayDats,OASYSPCI,Cubase9,KorgLeg,Avalon737s+2022,UA4710D,6176,DCS,LA610MK2s,Neve, ARC2, Soundtoys,UADOCTO,AdamA7X, SphereMics, BCF+R2000s, DrmBrut,MiniLog,Volcas,MoogSubPhat,EnsqDP4,VirusC,Scope,MinBrut,Plugiator,NIS61 Ultimate,ComposrsCld.

axb312
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:15 am

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Individual TR5 plugins are not resizable and this is the whole reason I started this thread....

DarkStar
KVRAF

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:38 am

Hmm, the individual TR5 plug-ins are resizeable here. (But I've got the TR5 MAX Bundle.)

I have just found this in the "What's New":
What's new
Resizable*, redesigned interface and plugin GUIs

* Features available by upgrading to T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX.
So you could well be right: resizing requires a purchase of one of the bundles. If so, then that is a poor show. My apologies for the confusion.
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

Return to “Effects”