Show us your NFR! (No sample libraries)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Per title, what synth & effect plugins do you own that have been deemed "yours forever"?
I do have countless Kontakt libraries and a handful of Aria/Garritan, but
Please, no sample libraries.
That's another forum.

Mine are:
Alchemy 1
Harmor
MusicLabs
Rapture Pro
Rapture (2 of them)
Dimension (2 of them)
Z3ta+2
Blue Cat (became NFR w/o notice)
Revalver (became NFR on v4 for all v).

Korg LC? Well, not really. :wink:
Can't say they bother me really, except maybe Revalver, because they've implemented that "use a USB device as your dongle"... which ultimately caused that USB port to stop working until I reformatted and reinstalled everything without them.
It would be nice to off the extra licenses of the old Cakewalk pile to some one wanting them. And as much as I was annoyed at Blue Cat specifically promising me they weren't, and then deciding later they were, I can accept that they at least do for me what no other plugins on my systems seem to do.

Finally, a KVR list where the least number wins! :hihi:

Nearly everything i have is nfr. I get free stuff for testing/factory sounds/stuff....

Cant remember the last time i bought anything.

most of my older stuff I don't use anymore, cakewalk, imageline, mux, is NFR, unlike most of my new gear that I do use, which is annoying.

All my stuff is NFR, at the moment. Ask me again in a month, then we'll see. :P

Camel Audio stuff, Cameleon and old Alchemy. They were NFR from the start, won at mighty KVR cafe contest, wouldn't want sell them anyway.

None as when i buy stuff i intend to keep them. Why would i 'sell' them? There is a reason developers offer demos for their products.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Apple Logic Pro X which sits forlornly on my apple account, and I don't own a mac. One day again maybe.

I own a ton of Cakewalk, but that doesn't bother me as much as the fact that they forgot that they sold me z3ta+ 2. when they merged the old cakewalk store accounts they transferred all of my licenses over to the command center but that one. even after two seperate rounds of customer service, and me forwarding the original sale email, they told me they didn't have a record of selling that serial number at all. And now they are no more, hopefully Bandlab will release it someday, I liked that synth.

There are many kinds of NFR products. I sold/donated most of them (Cakewalk account/ Air Music staff from beta testing in iLok).

Currently I have:
- Reason's Rack Extensions (PX7, Parsec 2, Antidote, FM4, and some other effects/utilities)
- FL Studio Producer and Harmor
- Live intro 9 (I got it from the charity)
- Dune 2 (I'm not sure about that because I got it 2nd hand, but last time I checked there is no NFR written in my account. Anyway, I treated as NFR as I won't sell it again!)
- The Legend (as I had a free Rack Extension because of my VST purchase)
- Korg LC
- Reaper 5 (commercial license I got from the charity)

That's it I suppose :)

The worst offender here IMO is definitely Exponential Audio. They release upgrades, insist they aren't upgrades even when they obviously are, and then offer a discount if you own the "previous, unrelated products" but if you take the discount, it's automatically a NFR product. Seriously bogus, yet I fell for it twice! Ouch.

NFR:

Exponential Audio NImbus ("it's NOT an upgrade to Phoenix!" Yeah, right, ok)
Exponential Audio R4 ("it's NOT an upgrade to R2!" Yeah, right, just shut up and admit your policy is anti-consumer, jerks).

I can't be arsed to deal with resale.

I do have stuff that says I can't sell it (Cakewalk products), but there's no reason to try to sell anything I have anyway. It's all old and it wouldn't give me enough money to compensate for the trouble of trying to sell and switch ownership with the licensor.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I have a lot of NFR. But probably even more that is practicably NFR. As in the cost to sell is more than the sale price. (*cough* Waves)
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

mholloway wrote:The worst offender here IMO is definitely Exponential Audio. They release upgrades, insist they aren't upgrades even when they obviously are, and then offer a discount if you own the "previous, unrelated products" but if you take the discount, it's automatically a NFR product. Seriously bogus, yet I fell for it twice! Ouch.

NFR:

Exponential Audio NImbus ("it's NOT an upgrade to Phoenix!" Yeah, right, ok)
Exponential Audio R4 ("it's NOT an upgrade to R2!" Yeah, right, just shut up and admit your policy is anti-consumer, jerks).
I had a similar, perhaps worse experience with spectrasonics. I’ve had stylus RMX forever, and at one point I bought the additional RMX Expanded content. When I tried to sell Stylus RMX, Spectrasonics told me that I could not because I bought the Expansions bundle. So not only were the expansions NFR (which would have been reasonable), thy somehow turned my original Stylus RMX into NFR! I’ve never heard of buying an additional product expansion turning the core product NFR which it wasn’t before. What the hell.

I actually have no clue what is NFR and what isnt. What I have now id not part with anyway.

Apart from Ableton, I have an NFR license for that cos I won it in a raffle. I wish I had won the launchpad instead, at least I could have sold that.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Of all the stuff I've bought new, the only things deemed NFR are Parawave Rapid and Korg Odyssey.

Not counting stuff received for free under NFR conditions....

Camel Audio
GSi
Volko Audio
Black Rooster Audio
Positive Grid
Stagecraft Software
CubicAudio
accSone
GForce bought second hand (only one resale permitted per license)
Tone2 bought second hand
Sonimus bought second hand
SonicProjects bought second hand
OhmForce bought second hand
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Return to “Instruments”