EQ with spectrum analyzer that lets you overlay a reference spectrum?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The other day I was asking about a similar matter and can only confirm what has been said above.

In my thread I posted some screenshots from MAnalyzer. I think it is worth reading the thread for you.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=506439

For me, looks are important when it comes to VSTi's. I think one of these brands fall a bit short here (and it's not Melda).
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Per Salbark wrote:Both Carve EQ and Slice EQ from Kilohearts can do that. Carve EQ also has a Match EQ tool that instantly creates an EQ curve to match your track to the reference perfectly.

Eventide/Newflanged Equivocate does this, too.

Matching function also in the Ozone 8, I think.

gEQ12 has reference spectrum overlay.

Toneboosters EQ 4 has a simple overlay option.TB EQ v4
IK Multimedia Master Match, similar priced, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 looks the more attractive offer, an highly regarded EQ.

Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Melda's MEqualizer and MAnalyzer allows copying and pasting of spectrum analysis between instances.
interesting!
do you mean we can save a spectrum from the analyzer, and load it into an eq?
or do you mean the eq analyzer is just as good as the proper analyzer, and we can do it all in that?

interesting!
do you mean we can save a spectrum from the analyzer, and load it into an eq?
or do you mean the eq analyzer is just as good as the proper analyzer, and we can do it all in that?
Yes, the displays allow interaction between each other. That's exactly what I did in the previous image. Copied the curve from the analyser, then pasted into the EQ display.
Yes, multiple instances of the EQ could exclusively be used instead of the dedicated analyser.

The example stems from an idea to place the analyser on the master bus, and EQ's on the individual tracks, then, solo each track to get response curve on the analyser placed on the master bus.
You may have to alter the analyser settings (analyser on the EQ, too) to select between peak and average and other overlay settings, such as trace colour.

Hope this helps.

Yep, big help mate.
These plugins though... you think you've finally learned them, then someone does this...

Yeah, I find the amount of options can be overwhelming.
A picture is better than me waffling on. This feature is something I've only recently discovered.
Just need to make sure each corresponding analysis graphs are enabled between plugins.
A global option would be handy, that's if there isn't one

I use average infinite with a thick white outline, and comparison with a red outline, along with track peaks.
Melda.png
What is your conclusion, did you try it?
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Last edited by The Noodlist on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Per Salbark wrote:Both Carve EQ and Slice EQ from Kilohearts can do that. Carve EQ also has a Match EQ tool that instantly creates an EQ curve to match your track to the reference perfectly.
Thanks for this example Per. Great song btw :p :p

Cheers all for the suggestions and tips.

Return to “Effects”