I stand before the mountain, yet there is still the mountain (abstract glitch)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seismic1 wrote:I enjoyed it. I don't necessarily agree that it needed any more development. I thought it worked very well as it was. The sounds were well matched and I enjoyed the relaxed Aphex Twin vibe.

Good work :)
I feel somewhat abashed, after my critique of your track, its seems that you and I are in the minority with the development of the track itself, I must maintain a confident attitude when it comes to my music, as my years on OSC have not served me much in the way of :tu: (with some exceptions :) and family doesn't count, well it does, but, ehem, anyway) as my only outlet for a listening audience prior to coming here, any and I mean any connection, however tenuous between my music and The Overlord that is AFX is greatly appreciated :tu: 8) :oops: :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

seismic1 wrote:I enjoyed it. I don't necessarily agree that it needed any more development. I thought it worked very well as it was. The sounds were well matched and I enjoyed the relaxed Aphex Twin vibe.

Good work :)
To clarify my own comment: I don't necessarily think it needed anything. However, for me, it felt as though it was heading towards a point that never came. We got a lot of the tension, but none of the release.

Again, there's nothing wrong with that, as there is no right or wrong :tu:

[:)[/quote]

However, for me, it felt as though it was heading towards a point that never came. We got a lot of the tension, but none of the release.
[/quote]

Thanks, sums it up my perfectly, will I scale the mountain ( should i continue
making music ) and see the views below ( I leave it at that) :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

- cannot help but think 'Stand up next to a mountain / chop it down with the edge of my hand' every time I see this here. 'Pick up the pieces and make an island / might even raise a little sand'

so where is your track?

jancivil wrote:- cannot help but think 'Stand up next to a mountain / chop it down with the edge of my hand' every time I see this here. 'Pick up the pieces and make an island / might even raise a little sand'

so where is your track?
Its here :)

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/i-stand-b ... e-mountain

Sand, the most overused item on the planet today, not just any sand, the stuff which is no longer being produced because of our veracious appetite for hydroelectric power.

I deflated....

This is peculiar: there is a nice, normal tune which is nearly buried in that industrial kind of ratcheting and other percussive things. My ears are really too sensitive to midrange for this. That's not anything if this is how you want it, I'm just reporting what it is for me.

jancivil wrote:This is peculiar: there is a nice, normal tune which is nearly buried in that industrial kind of ratcheting and other percussive things. My ears are really too sensitive to midrange for this. That's not anything if this is how you want it, I'm just reporting what it is for me.
My music, if it can be called that is an extension of my "self"
Nice normal, but buried in an industrial complex :D
Hearing for me has been a little!/a lot ruined by my new pastime, scenery decorator, tree chewers and grass whackers, I could only afford the machines at 1st, then ear defenders ( so I couldn't hear myself scream/yelp when I fired stones into my eyes) b4, as a Xmas present someone buy me face guard ( useless though, kept on steaming up :D ) sorted now :)

Would like a full rundown/critique :) I know you hold full documentation, but have you Eva studied a case such as mine? :D

This, was, how do you say, me just putting it out there, HD decede, was my reasoning, managed to get things back and thought I would, dipmmy toe into the void.
Was made for KVR OsC so sum what of a rush job :)
So, please, cherries and all ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”