harsh then not so harsh [music & sounds from VCV Rack]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/h ... t-so-harsh

What can I say ? It starts harsh and ends not so harsh. You have been advised. Play it loud anyway.

Experimental music made with modules designed for Andrew Belt's great VCV Rack. Comments welcome, as always.

Best,

dp

Some great fragments of sound in there..punchy, rich and very full at times...yes, I listened 'loud'! :0)

Not sure it stands up as a complete piece in this form, although it might be very effective in the background of certain sci-fi movie scenes.

Love to hear it chopped up and integrated with other elements?

ChamMusic wrote:Some great fragments of sound in there..punchy, rich and very full at times...yes, I listened 'loud'! :0)
Thank you, that's the spirit ! :)

I'm impressed by the audio quality of some of the Rack modules, there's some very professional-sounding stuff available now.
Not sure it stands up as a complete piece in this form, although it might be very effective in the background of certain sci-fi movie scenes.
re: the scifi, that's me all right. I was a kid when Forbidden Planet was released, I loved the sonic world the Barrons created, like a truly alien music.

re: the form: The present form is a catenation of two performances made with the same basic patch, the major difference being in the sound sources for the performances (the first is all synthesized sounds, the second is a series of DSP transformations on sampled sounds). The present recording is a mere pastiche of ephemera. :)
Love to hear it chopped up and integrated with other elements?
You may do with it as you please. I'd love to hear what others can make out of it.

Best regards,

dp

Thanks for the info about the performance.

"You may do with it as you please. I'd love to hear what others can make out of it."

Noted, as I like to experiment!

if I get a few free days this summer I may well give it a go!

quite enjoyed this ...
tonally rich , with enough space to allow the elements
to breathe and evolve ...

This kills.

Many things are so maximized I have to turn it down, but most things I want to hear are not and there are things which are not the same experience turned down much. This would be one of them.

More of your usual wonderful stuff, Mr. Phillips... :tu:

liked the first section by far better than the rest. NOT HARSH :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”