IK Multimedia T-RackS 5 Max crossgrade from 3 deluxe worth it? at $169

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I noticed that IK Multimedia have a crossgrade offer for T-Racks 5 Max at the moment and I can get this for $169.
My current version is T-RackS 3 deluxe which is pretty old and which comes with 9 IK plugins, however T-Racks 5 Max comes with 38 modules + a completely overhauled and upgraded shell!

I already own a lot of great sounding plugins such as -

Acon - Equalize, Verberate and Restoration Suite
Fabfilter - Pro-DS
Izotope - Ozone 8 Advanced, Nectar 2 and Ozone 2
Klanghelm - DC8C3, MJUC, SDRR2, VUMT deluxe
Liquidsonics - Reverberate 2
Native Instruments - Komplete 11 Ultimate
Overloud - GEM-EQ550, Mark Studio 2
PSP - Xenon
TDR - Kotelnikov GE, Limiter 6 GE, Nova GE, SlickEQ GE, SlickEQ M
Voxengo - CurveEQ, EBusLim, Elephant, GlissEQ, Marquis Compressor, Soniformer, Spatifier, Voxformer

Most of my goto's from these are the

Acon - Equalize
Klanghelm - DC8C3, MJUC, SDRR2,
Liquidsonics - Reverberate 2
Izotope - Ozone 8 Advanced
Native Instruments - VC2A, Guitar Rig 5
Overloud - Markstudio 2
TDR - Kotelnikov GE, Nova GE, SlickEQ M
Voxengo - Elephant

Is there anything T-RackS 5 Max would do better than my current plugins?
How good are the vintage modelled plugins?
Would T-RackS 5 Max be worth adding for $169?

>Is there anything T-RackS 5 Max would do better than my current plugins?

Since you've already got a complete mastering rig (Ozone) there's nothing in TRacks 5 that would be better except for One (I don't believe there's an Ozone equivalent). You also have a fine collection of mixing plug-ins, so you're not really being prevented from creating excellent mixes. But make no mistake, for $170, you get a whole load of very fine plug-ins in this deal.

>How good are the vintage modeled plugins?

Very good to excellent IMO.

>Would T-RackS 5 Max be worth adding for $169?

Got GAS? Then, yes, very much. :D

I just crossgraded as well.

Well, i also do own a lot of plugins already. MY main intention for my purchase was that I now can register my TrackS Suite just with ONE single serial. It was annoying just putting all those single serials into their authorizer software.

:D

But of course: it's got a lot of great plugins to it.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

dmbaer wrote:>Is there anything T-RackS 5 Max would do better than my current plugins?

Since you've already got a complete mastering rig (Ozone) there's nothing in TRacks 5 that would be better except for One (I don't believe there's an Ozone equivalent). You also have a fine collection of mixing plug-ins, so you're not really being prevented from creating excellent mixes. But make no mistake, for $170, you get a whole load of very fine plug-ins in this deal.

>How good are the vintage modeled plugins?

Very good to excellent IMO.

>Would T-RackS 5 Max be worth adding for $169?

Got GAS? Then, yes, very much. :D
Yes Ozone 8 Advanced is a very comprehensive and powerful piece of software and all the modules can be loaded as separate VST plugins.
I also agree that the plugins I already own are great. Before I bought them I tried the demos for a LOT of other plugins and I settled on these to be my favourites. I was very surprised to find some of them were MUCH cheaper than some alternatives from other companies (Klanghelm & TDR amazing bargains). Some of them definitely have that analogue character to them and sound excellent.

I not looking to buy more plugins for the sake of having more. I’m looking to see if there is anything that sounds even better. I’m also interested in the Acustica stuff which is meant to be very impressive!

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think you have to ask this yourself what are the reasons to buy this suite.

I myself on Fabfilter Proq2, pro c2, presswerk, satin, soundtoys bundle, focusrite red suite, eqs and compressors and many more stuff that came in bundles (also i already had some IkM stuff). And here is my reason why got tracks 5.

I used to master tracks inside daw but when you are making few versions of same track (including fixes) all in one mastering solution is such a time and chore savior. I already had stealth limiter (wich is best loudness maximiser along with One) and combining the suite this is a mastering solution i wanted. So i got it.

But before that I compared standart suite with Izotope 8 and used it for a trial period. Despite offering vst support still tracks 5 is better for me personaly, because you can add a bit more plugins to the chain, i like how easely you can switch to versions, I also compared reference ij ozone and master match and tracks just wins there. Also that One plugin. I thought its a bit gimmicky at first and didnt really touched it because im so used to Stealth Limiter but One is amazing and you can produce as loud mix as with Stealth.

Its just great package even as a standart edition and max v offers much more.

As to the question is it worth it? For me absolutly because this is something i wanted for some time.

Return to “Effects”