Fragile Gods - "Falling"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sjm wrote: I'm not sure how much average view time means though. People sharing links count for about 1 second of view time. That's actually probably a more "valuable" view than somewhat watching 1 minute and thinking "nah, not really"
My YouTube stats show extremely few shares. So far, my videos have been antiviral. :clown:
sjm wrote: I'd have said - if you ask me (which you didn't but whatever) - that the real criteria should surely be what you feel like doing or feel that the video needs. If you actively want to do something with the green screeen, surely you should do it for yourself, not for potential YT views?
I am doing videos to promote the music not because I want to be a video artiste. Since I think of it as a promo vehicle, views are something I pay attention to.
sjm wrote: I guess what you really need is a greenscreen video featuring a cat. Maybe you can get all dressed up like a Bond villain, with a big white Persian on your arm... I dunno, I think you could pull that off.
I did think of a concept for a video for the song that I am currently working on. I might reduce the reliance on greenscreen and include my cats. I might try to incorporate a little humor but not get as silly as dressing up as a Bond villian. But first I need to finish the song. It's exhausting being a one-man band/video producer! :help:

thomekk wrote:I think both videos you made here work well. Concerning the procedere with what to get the most views and all the statistics I'm still struggling myself with that. But I would second sjm (also not being asked of course) that all which suits the video should be done - greenscreen or not.

I guess greenscreen cats is surely a clickopener :clown: It's a business already
https://www.pond5.com/stock-video-foota ... n-cat.html
greenscreen horses would be top
Yes, we are both trying to figure out the video thing. FYI, I found your attempts to be more creative and interesting than my own.

Since I have 3 real cats, I probably should not need to purchase stock footage of cats. Although it would be easier to use stock footage than getting my cats to do anything specific. :)

dellboy wrote:"You gotta be lost if you want to be found"

Profound. 8)
Thanks. That line was actually improvised while recording. That whole section was kind of a freeform experiment. :)

dellboy wrote:I think we are going to see a lot more of your credited co singer - Aika Zabala..................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypxCzPr2bhE
Yes, you will. Aika is recording backing vox for my next song right now. I appreciate your enthusiasm. :)

nineofkings wrote:A touch of lightness added to classic Fragile Gods. I'm digging it! I think the snare has an appropriate amount of low mids. And, as others said, the bass is nice and creamy.
Thanks for listening and commenting, 9K! Your feedback regarding mixes is helpful so I am glad you approve. :)

Love the synth sound at about 00:38. Almost like you have a flanger hooked up to it. Coolness.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Moe Shinola wrote:Love the synth sound at about 00:38. Almost like you have a flanger hooked up to it. Coolness.
That synth sound is a slightly tweaked Repro5 preset. I was moving the mod wheel while playing creating that flange-like effect. That sound grabs people's attention. It seems that older folks think it's cool and younger people think it is dated and odd. Go figure. :help:

Thanks for commenting. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”