Godz EATZ FINAL (ca 2014)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This starts off quiet and way laid back but watch out.

see below
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

..........we may have to use nuclear force!

I found the old thread, just to get a little history. Great mix, and the instrumentation had an "authentic" sound, sho 'nuff.

Good work :tu:

which old thread? there is one going back to 2007 with this composition but there won't be any files found for that POS version. the first two sections were written in 2009.

thanks.

fortunately I generated tons of audio from 2009 as the original project files are just a disaster area. I still have tons of audio from the legacy projects but on a failed drive rotting. This was five different projects. The setups were that different and this was established before VE Pro anyway.

.wavs started to go bad remixing here but I was able to save everything I need. Kind of a nightmare (of bloat), the whole deal, if I hadn't saved everything as stems - the 'Godz Eatz - Audio' project at one time had over 200 pieces of audio in the project window - I would have had to resign.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lol I'm glad you warned me to watch out! Love that ending too

thanks!

yeah, it's about the Godzilla so I wanted the monster coming in to f**k shit up no doubt.

Man, some of these files is OLD. BFD1.
Section 3 is one of the first things I did in a DAW.

jancivil wrote:which old thread?
This one, just for reference:-

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=205481

Yeah, January 08. That may well be the original. The drums from 'the jingle' [section 4] mo' less survived. I can tell from the names of files, I kept the name of 'synth' in Cubase renders, it's BFD1.

about everything else was replaced. buncha low rent Kontakt 1 instruments then. I was happy though.

Ok, so I'm cleaning house so to speak

Official final never to be fugged with no mo version (warts 'n all):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7NBRk0w0k&t=90s

well, youtube's compression of it for streaming purposes anyway.

https://tigressandtheu-fraidees.bandcam ... /godz-eatz

Zombie Queen wrote:Image
:love:
Just a regular guy, then.

Gojira, the original name was what they called one of the grips. Portmanteau of whale and gorilla.
I, and an 'assistant', now one of my best friends actually wrote a complete screenplay summer of 2008 behind this.
I wrote a titles scene, this is the music. The original post of it may have contained that bit, where someone here was offended, comparing it to an 'impalement video' by terrorists in, you know... :scared:
But I can't blame him, having a certain experience.

This is a little rough and ready, let's say 2hrs this morning listening and scrawling,as I had spent the evening, watching what can only be described as a pagan festival in a very religious location :)

This is nyce, ( with a why, as i attempt to explain myself :) ) the YouTube version is somewhat over powering on headphones, @ 1.30ish when it kicks off, my ears almost exploded :(

So, the start, listening (bandcamp, sadly i broke the heart ) on speakers, a fairly competent set of audax, I am picking up some very high freq, this could well be my system rig as the wiring where i lay my bones is somewhat lacking, so don't take this as gospel :) Would have liked to hear something like glasses chinking, an atmosphere of a sort, as I picture the clientele sitting in their seats, smoke like little campfires rising from their hands.
Okay... < countdown dots, please brace thyself :D

As the band adjust, instruments already tuned, with a knowledge of what is to come.
A setting of the the table if you will, meant as a prep for the few people who are actually listening and the ones who are busily trying to hold either the conversation or the gaze of their date for the evening.
Preparing themselves for the reaction they are just about to illicit, the musicians, glance one last time at each other, before concentrating once more on their equipment, the wash of the hats like a conductor tapping, the horns softly start to push the smoke being exhaled, away from their surroundings.

The players having warmed up with a form of entree begin.
( warning spoiler alert the 1.30ish moment )

Particles, like nano stars caught in a vortex of sound, swirl in patterns about them. Closer inspection could possibly hold the key to the meaning of something big, a new discovery, but its too late, its as if the players are conveying their thoughts and attitudes of their situation for this evening, akin to an analysis of the dive they have landed and have adjusted their tune selection with no words needed, just a glance between themselves :)
The smoke that was wafting towards them is pushed back with a such a velocity, that a similar effect can be seen when man pierces the skies in a vain attempt to find a new home to shit on ( sorry, that's a bit rude of me ).....
The people who had been somewhat immersed in their own importance and or either their other halves/ other half's( that one always confuses me ) sit there agog, not knowing whether fight or flight is still an option open to them. The sounds coming from the instruments relaying false and positive messages in their minds, causing them to literally stare like deer as the on coming light that is being secreted from the metal, wood and fibres of the players being, immerses them in a frantic conveyance of emotion. Luckily for them, the musicians understand the power that they currently hold over their subjects and set to alleviate by toning down their intensity to a more manageable level and allowing their viewers/listeners to either breathe or exhale, all of which is done in unison. As the beat twitches into life like the reanimation of a waterbear from stasis, the crowd, still unable to look anywhere but the banquet of sound being layed out in front of them, have a sudden greater understanding of what they are witnessing, the horns and accompanying instruments feeding their new found needs, adding garnishes and exotic fruit to the table of delights set out before them All bare witness to the majesty of the chefs and their gourmet menu.

The Godz have eaten and as a result have chosen to share their remaning bounty :D

Shorter terms
Overall, I'd give it @ least a 9 :D

I hope you like this appraisal of your endeavours, unfortunately for all, i have a better connection to the internet now and to alay the void of my existance and due to the fact that I am am currently on Tigger time ( my meds have run out) :(
I haven't really written anything like this in decades so please be a little lenient on me :)
Moreover, I have or feel the need for an/a (again its been too long and I failed pretty much all my exams ) creative outlet other than my own personal battle with my music :)

Regards

Liam
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

as to overpowering, I hope I managed to preserve some of the dynamic range/soft to loud. I actually brought up the levels considerably in the beginning as it's probably too much. That's why the warning in the OP, do not crank this up because it's quiet in the beginning. But the impact has to be overpowering, it's fricken Godzilla impaling an asshole by the asshole, and roasting him and eating him.
Then the titles song and the stupid tune. Lurid graphics splash/titles: GODZ EATZ, a something something studio production, produced by etc etc.

It does begin in a bar, where the very dressed-up man who's going to get it in the end has a drink. I didn't originally have this but I had a template set up from the track preceding it on the album, I knew it was the track preceding it on the album and I got the idea how it would track and did the thing. The section with the bansuri and the duduk is camera from above overseeing the park where the highrise condo is, where the monster sees him raping a woman and does the deed. It's an actual park and everything, it's all set up like that. The whole movie is. It's the best Godzilla movie you'll never see.

I doubt there is any unmusical whine or something. It's got a lot of edge in the highs, and youtube no longer does better than a 128kbps AAC.

Thanks for listening and writing!
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote:as to overpowering, I hope I managed to preserve some of the dynamic range/soft to loud. I actually brought up the levels considerably in the beginning as it's probably too much. That's why the warning in the OP, do not crank this up because it's quiet in the beginning. But the impact has to be overpowering, it's fricken Godzilla impaling an asshole by the asshole and roasting him and eating him.
Then the titles song and the stupid tune. Lurid graphics splash/titles: GODZ EATZ, a something something studio production, produced by etc etc.

It does begin in a bar, where the very dressed-up man who's going to get it in the end has a drink. I didn't originally have this but I had a template set up from the track preceding it on the album, I knew it was the track preceding it on the album and I got the idea how it would track and did the thing. The section with the bansuri and the duduk is camera from above overseeing the park where the highrise condo is where the shit hits the fan. It's an actual park and everything, it's all set up like that. The whole movie is. It's the best Godzilla movie you'll never see.

I doubt there is any unmusical whine or something. It's got a lot of edge in the highs, and youtube no longer does better than a 128kbpsAAC.

Thanks for listening and writing!
I should have read the OP first, I immediately went to the music :oops:

Okay, when I listen to YouTube generally its possible for me to leave my setup as is, its not a whine, unmusical or otherwise that I heard, but as you say its more than likely an issue my end.
Final

Here we come
Walkin' down the street
We get the funniest looks from
Everyone we meet
Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
And people say we monkey around
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down
We go wherever we want to
Do what we like to do
We don't have time to get restless
There's always something new

:dog: :oops: :ud: :clown:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

With my setup currently, I leave the system output up all the way and turn things down at youtube.
Which is not the best idea except at youtube (where it's obvious to me at least where to go for the volume turn-down), for instance MOST things from Soundcloud are too loud this way, embedded I donno where is the volume control.

Everything in those videos uploaded to FB are too loud.
Everything is maximized these days while I make a lot of things too quiet.
I USED to mix louder, like this thing. When I kept everything just over 12 o'clock on my audio interface (which was in itself a lot louder than 'just over 12 o' clock' is now for me). But this isn't the same experience turned too far down, a lot of things aren't IME.

There is a sort of conventional wisdom you'll see around a KVR Audio type of internet forum, one should mix/master so it's equally good at low and at high volumes, but that can't be true per se.

I listened to this yesterday at about half volume on the youtube slider and it has a LOT of high-end edge even at the 128 kilobits per second res. Bandcamp's codec is crushing it more.

Return to “Music Cafe”