N I Pro 53 future proof replacement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi friends!!

Which Synths besides the Repro5 and Arturia synths would you recommend to replace the legendary pro 53 on windows 10. It does not necessarily have to be a strict prophet emu have osc hard sync but have similar lightweight but lush sound to ni pro 53. Freeware and commercial synth recommendations are welcome!

Thanks in advance

RePro-5 from U-he is an exacting Prophet emulation in terms of sounding like the hardware. Uses quite a bit of CPU though, so not lightweight, but it's worth it once you hear the results

Thank you for the recommendation, it is a great synth but a bit heavy on my system for pads.

There isn’t anything else besides the ones you’ve listed, really. Personally, I use jBridge for Pro53 & B4II.. Works absolutely perfectly and barely makes a blip on the CPU meter.
surreal wrote:Hi friends!!

Which Synths besides the Repro5 and Arturia synths would you recommend to replace the legendary pro 53 on windows 10. It does not necessarily have to be a strict prophet emu have osc hard sync but have similar lightweight but lush sound to ni pro 53. Freeware and commercial synth recommendations are welcome!

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Brother Charles on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Double post, sorry.

surreal wrote:Thank you for the recommendation, it is a great synth but a bit heavy on my system for pads.
It ain‘t heavy it‘s your brother... (Hollies)

Thenkorg legacy plugins, in particular monopoly and polysix are pretty light and in the ballpark of pro53.

surreal wrote:Hi friends!!

Thanks in advance
Um, does or does it not have to have osc sync?
There are lots of lush sounding subtractive synths out there, especially for pads. Wasn't the hardware SCI more known for harsher, weirder sounds?

Have checked the gforce stuff? Might fit the bill.

Pro-53 still works just fine on W10, tho.

EvilDragon wrote:Pro-53 still works just fine on W10, tho.
For reals? Isn’t it like 32 bit or something? Haven’t looked at it many years.

Yes it's 32-bit and it works just fine still. If your DAW doesn't support bit-bridging, you're screwed of course. But it plods along happily in Reaper over here. It also seems to jBridge fairly well.

Also Memorymoon Messiah is a Prophet-5 emulation on steroids, at a bargain price (but 32bits only).
http://www.memorymoon.com/messiah.htm

Thank you everyone for your recommendations!

EvilDragon wrote:Yes it's 32-bit and it works just fine still. If your DAW doesn't support bit-bridging, you're screwed of course. But it plods along happily in Reaper over here. It also seems to jBridge fairly well.
My Pro 53, Vokator, and B4II haven’t installed properly since I went to windows 7. They all throw up weird errors and then refuse to authorize. When they do launch they just make terrible digital noise.

If you want a lightweight vst for pads, just stick with synth 1. It’s as good as pro 53 to me. If I really need something to sound like the real deal then I just use repro (though it is a bit rough on my system as well).

P.S. If anybody here can tell me the proper way to install pro 53 Vokator and B4II so that they will really work on a more modern operating system I’d be very grateful.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”