Virtual amp + power amp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am following for years the simulations of guitar amp / bass. To get a realistic sound you must to know the chain of plugins to set up. Today I use a lot of free simulations from Ignite Amp, Lepou or other publishers who work miracles, it must be said.

One question remains, how do you know which are amp simulations or pre-amp sim? Because indeed, some do not indicate it clearly, and it is interesting to know if it is necessary to add a simulation of power amp between the amp and the loader of IR.

If some of you know where to find this info for the different virtual amps of the net it interests me.

Tbh I don't know how, but when it comes to Ignite Amps the pre-amps are The Anvil and NRR-1, while Emissary is a complete amp (the last one for leads, not rythms, it's very noisy).

You re thrue, there is no real problem with Ignite, each of their products have a PDF that indicates if it s only a pre amp, only a power amp (As TPA-1) of a full amp as Emissary of SHB-1.

Bias Amp got power amp simulation

Since you mention miracles: there is no magic in any of those plugins.
Don't worry about it. Compared to real amps, in software there's nothing that could pop, smolder or blow a fuse.
You could also just use a "pedal sim" and a cabinet IR after it, or just a soft clipper followed by some complex EQ.
And by not having a power amp sim, you're not making the sound any better or worse.
It's still all just EQ and distortion tricks. So just use whatever you have and whatever sounds OK.
Confucamus.

Two Notes, Wall Of Sound plugin has a good power amp SIM btw. I think it's free when you buy one of their cabinet IRs which are also good.

Kazrog ampsims have both preamp and poweramp simulations, and they are separately togglable.

Return to “Effects”