new post-industrial space ambient track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback (On The Vurt Scale)

Weirdness - 7.5
Sounds - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 7.5

Comments: For a piece like this to work for me (mostly soundscape noises) there needs to be a little more range in sounds. Because the overall atmosphere is noise based (actually sounds like the sea mixed in with some sound FX) the subtle shifts throughout don't make the impact that they need to. I do think this could work very well as a background track for a scene from a sci fi movie as it's subtle enough not to detract from the action, which for the scene I have in mind would be a slow moving "Let's walk around a bit and see if we can't find any sci fi creatures that are going to rip our heads off" kind of thing. So on that level, it works pretty well. It's just not something I'd sit down and listen to just to listen to music.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback (On The Vurt Scale)

Weirdness - 7.5
Sounds - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 7.5

Comments: For a piece like this to work for me (mostly soundscape noises) there needs to be a little more range in sounds. Because the overall atmosphere is noise based (actually sounds like the sea mixed in with some sound FX) the subtle shifts throughout don't make the impact that they need to. I do think this could work very well as a background track for a scene from a sci fi movie as it's subtle enough not to detract from the action, which for the scene I have in mind would be a slow moving "Let's walk around a bit and see if we can't find any sci fi creatures that are going to rip our heads off" kind of thing. So on that level, it works pretty well. It's just not something I'd sit down and listen to just to listen to music.
Your critiques are exactly what I was trying to do. :party:

So...thanks for the feedback :tu:

Wags, can I get your feedback on a really old release? https://archive.org/details/SecondsBefo ... ning_Seven

smd12 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback (On The Vurt Scale)

Weirdness - 7.5
Sounds - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 7.5

Your critiques are exactly what I was trying to do. :party:

So...thanks for the feedback :tu:

Wags, can I get your feedback on a really old release? https://archive.org/details/SecondsBefo ... ning_Seven
Sure, I'll trade you. Check out my last post in The Wagtunes Corner. You'll probably be the only one to listen to it. It's called Take Me To The Stars.

Okay, I listened to Seven 1 (all 17:29 of it) and bits and pieces of Seven 2, 3 and 4.

For what it is, ambient meditative music, it's a 10 all across the board. You want to meditate, listen to this stuff. I'm not into meditation. So I'm not your target audience for this music. But I do recognize the skill and effort that went into it. I could never do anything like this. Of course I wouldn't want to. Well done on a technical level. You should put together a meditation CD and sell it. I have no doubt it will sell well.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I listened to Seven 1 (all 17:29 of it) and bits and pieces of Seven 2, 3 and 4.

For what it is, ambient meditative music, it's a 10 all across the board. You want to meditate, listen to this stuff. I'm not into meditation. So I'm not your target audience for this music. But I do recognize the skill and effort that went into it. I could never do anything like this. Of course I wouldn't want to. Well done on a technical level. You should put together a meditation CD and sell it. I have no doubt it will sell well.

Return to “Music Cafe”