July Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Compyfox
KVRAF
14247 posts since 19 Oct, 2003 from Berlin, Germany

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Another shameless plug, but the OSC showed interest - maybe the KVR MCSC once more as well.

The theme of the game (SWC11) is "Tanzmaschine" (Dance Machine) and the desired genre is everything that fits into "90s Techno" (Detroit, Minimal, Banging, Schranz, JTEK, etc).

There is no limit to what tools you use, joining is absolutely free, you will get feedback to your production
Bonus: free licenses for the winners podium

Would love to see you folks over there as well. :tu:

More on: https://www.mix-challenge.com
Deadline: 24th July 2018 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ] | [ Video Project (in the making) ]

Tbase2000
KVRist
133 posts since 23 Oct, 2017

Re: July Contest: Gossip

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Maybe if you gave a listen to and feedback (you have all those mixing/mastering credentials) on the songs that are here...you would recruit better. Just a thought.

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Still the strong critic, I see.

I'm not here for recruiting "song providers" for the Mix(ing) Challenge, I'm here to invite participants of the KVR MCSC to join the Songwriting Competition - if they have the spare time, additional creativity and/or don't know what to do with the KVR community given "theme". Nothing more, nothing less.

Our competitions have the same goal:
Step out of your comfort zone, just produce something, get (in case of the Mix Challenge community: mandatory) feedback in return, with the added bonus to maybe win a new tool or sound set for the future

:phones:

Once the round on KVR has ended, and I have some free time, I might give feedback.
We still have a couple of days until then.

So good luck, and have fun
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ] | [ Video Project (in the making) ]

Tbase2000
KVRist

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:42 pm

I'm not a critic. I give my opinion.

Learn to listen or don't. I'm sorry, but my time is up...can only spend so much on things that don't matter.

Nice to see your doing well. Keep up the good work.

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:22 am

"Learn to listen or don't" - good advice. If you practice that yourself that is.

But let's not derail this thread any further... you seem to enjoy it on KVR now - with the same rule set for the MCSC as with the SWC (sans the mandatory feedback and the "you can collaborate as often as you want"). Glad you found a new home. :tu:

Tbase2000
KVRist

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Fox you should write a song and enter it. I've never heard one of your originals.
Last edited by Tbase2000 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
4716 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Lads, leave it out ey?

Tbase2000
KVRist

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:39 pm

I don't think it was a bad exchange. Just chat among old friends. :neutral:

Mister Natural
KVRAF
2256 posts since 28 Oct, 2007 from michigan

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 pm

REGARDING this month's challenge - I might have an idea allowing me to jump back in
I don't see in the submission thread a qualifier for time. Is this month still 3 minutes or not ?

peace
"the digital photo of that guitar just doesn't have the same warmth as an analog photo for me"
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
4716 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Mister Natural wrote:REGARDING this month's challenge - I might have an idea allowing me to jump back in
I don't see in the submission thread a qualifier for time. Is this month still 3 minutes or not ?

peace

Rules are for fools.

Err, mine is 4 and a half minutes so hope not.. :scared:

Mike777
KVRist
436 posts since 8 Oct, 2005

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:27 am

Mister Natural wrote:REGARDING this month's challenge - I might have an idea allowing me to jump back in

peace
Rule #2 this month:
2 - No time limit this month, just keep it moist!

Mike777
KVRist
436 posts since 8 Oct, 2005

Post Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 pm

NICE work Laguna Rising! contest choices will not be easy this time

wagtunes
KVRAF
13397 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Just an FYI (not that anybody cares LOL) but I won't be entering this month. I'm in the middle of my "Vocaloids Live At Carnegie Hall" CD and I just can't think of anything that fits with this month's theme that will fit with the CD theme. So I'm taking the month off. I will be around when voting time comes as I am anxious to hear everybody's submissions.

Good luck to all the contestants.

Laguna Rising
KVRAF
6797 posts since 4 Apr, 2005 from here and there

Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:18 am

Mike777 wrote:NICE work Laguna Rising! contest choices will not be easy this time
Thanks!
easy and cheesy....
:oops:

Mister Natural
KVRAF
2256 posts since 28 Oct, 2007 from michigan

Post Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:33 pm

fellas, traditionally the submission thread is strictly for submissions

any sort of chit chat or editorial comments belong in this thread
- according to the thread police

please
"the digital photo of that guitar just doesn't have the same warmth as an analog photo for me"
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Music Cafe”