Native Instruments TRK-01 Drum & Bass machine

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seeing as it can't be sequenced by midi, is there a way to trigger sequences from your DAW, so at least you can visualise the sequence in the context of the rest of your track?

LaFormTech wrote:Seeing as it can't be sequenced by midi, is there a way to trigger sequences from your DAW, so at least you can visualise the sequence in the context of the rest of your track?
The sequences can be triggered by keys, why don’t you demo it?

simmo75 wrote:
LaFormTech wrote:Seeing as it can't be sequenced by midi, is there a way to trigger sequences from your DAW, so at least you can visualise the sequence in the context of the rest of your track?
The sequences can be triggered by keys, why don’t you demo it?
Yup, just downloaded.

LaFormTech wrote:Sorry if this has been asked, but is there a way to sequence from your DAW of choice rather than Maschine? Is there a way to drag and drop midi from the trk sequencer? I can't stand the Maschine software.
You don't need Maschine to make this work at all but you do need to sequence it from it's own sequencer.
Yes, each pattern and each of the eight sounds you can store on each side can be triggered by a MIDI note which, of course, takes up four octaves of your keyboard. It's also easiest to leave the first pattern blank because as soon as you press play in your DAW, TRK-01 will start playing whichever patterns you have selected.

It sounds like a lot of hassle but you get the hang of it really quickly and then it's fine.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I demoed was pretty disappointed. Most of the new native inst stuff seems like the company has lost direction imho

I'm very fond of the TRK-01 and the new distortion pack.
I'm just waiting for what Massive X has in store to take the plunge.
They will probably release Massive X at the very last moment.

Jonathan10 wrote:I demoed was pretty disappointed. Most of the new native inst stuff seems like the company has lost direction imho
That's very insightful, I'm sure you'll convince thousands of others. Or perhaps you'd like to provide some detail? e.g. Are five different synthesis methods too few? Is being able to switch between 8 different preloaded presets or to use P Locks to completely change the sound note by note too limiting?

If I had a choice between Massive and TRK-01, I'd take TRK-01 every day of the week. It may not be as versatile as Massive but it's about a billion times more fun and inspiring to use. I've had Massive for around 6 months and used it exactly zero times in my work. OTOH, TRK-01 already features prominently in two of the three new songs I've written since I got it, less than two months ago.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Can somebody please tell me how to install this demo, I have reaktor player installled which I use for Monark which is a .ens but the TRK-01 download is an iso file???

chillifunk wrote:Can somebody please tell me how to install this demo, I have reaktor player installled which I use for Monark which is a .ens but the TRK-01 download is an iso file???
An iso as a generic container file (compare it with a zipfile in windows). It is not a file associated with reaktor.
You have to mount this iso with a virtual drive, that will then show the files inside the container.
(Just like Winzip would do with a zipfile).

From Windows 8 on, the operating system should open it for you without the need for a dedicated application.
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... ows-vista/

Inside you will find the installer .exe or .pkg that you can use to install TRK 01.

Cheers

Stef

Standard ISOs can be 'extracted' with 7-Zip.

No need to mount anything, works exactly the same as with a ZIP/RAR/whatever archive.

(Rightclick ISO -> 7-Zip -> Extract)

7-Zip Homepage

7-Zip is awesome! It's the first thing I install on a new PC.

7-Zip did the trick, cheers =)

About 10 years ago i used to have WinZIP, WinRAR, WinACE and a couple of lesser known archivers.

(UHARC/WinUHA was one of them IIRC.)

I have not installed or used any of them again after i came across 7-Zip.

Trying the demo here .
ANyone else having the issue where trk01 sometimes misses the first step , when used in your daw of choice ?
I'm using renoise .
This has been a re-occuring issue with most sequenced based reaktor ensembles .
SInce I am usng the demo of trk 01 , but full version of reaktor I can't seen under the hood , I asssume the 'song position pointer 'primary module is is the culprit .
Could someone who has purchased it look under the hood and see if the 'Song.pos.module ' is used or did they create a core equivalent ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

No, I've not had that problem at all. I can't look, though, because I don't have Reaktor (just the Player).

Return to “Instruments”