The Age of Uselessness (( updated 17/8/18))

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/age-of-uselessness-update

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/the-age-o ... electronic

Edit, updated :)
Made this yesterday, so thanks for viewing and any comments always welcomed. :tu: :D
Last edited by Eauson on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.125

Comments: Like the resonance of that intro synth. Really cool sounding. Interesting track. This is the kind of stuff I wish I could do well but really have no talent for it. Nice harmonic structure. Subtle but effective. Like the way it evolves at the mid way point. I'm impressed by how some people's minds work musically. Unfortunately, I've been too pop influenced all my life to even attempt something like this.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.125

Comments: Like the resonance of that intro synth. Really cool sounding. Interesting track. This is the kind of stuff I wish I could do well but really have no talent for it. Nice harmonic structure. Subtle but effective. Like the way it evolves at the mid way point. I'm impressed by how some people's minds work musically. Unfortunately, I've been too pop influenced all my life to even attempt something like this.
Thanks Wags,
This was put together pretty quickly and hasn't really got much going on above 7k. I've always been interested in all styles of music, from ska to Pop, to Jazz, classical to commercial top 40 music. I don't really feel there should be barrier to anything, I've got some cassettes from Ghana, hilife/palmwine music, its brilliant, where soul to soul nicked their heats from, I listen to anything and everything:). Anyway, thanks for listening and commenting + this may be my top score from you :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Tried to post a reply earlier today but the site went into maintenance when I hit post.

Reminds me of a less dubby, Premier Symptomes-era Air, loved the space-age lounge music stylings, very chilled.

Look forward to hearing more

shonky wrote:Tried to post a reply earlier today but the site went into maintenance when I hit post.

Reminds me of a less dubby, Premier Symptomes-era Air, loved the space-age lounge music stylings, very chilled.

Look forward to hearing more
Many thanks for listening and commenting, it all came about when I saw a post in Instrument section on kvr about Olafur Arnalds, someone who I'm not really familiar with, so I sat down and made this, it sounds nothing like his stuff, I guess it just formed from my listening and thinking what would I do. Anyways, its a v nice comparison as air are very chillout and in this heat I guess its needed :D

Appreciation for the delays, 2:44 for example.

Enjoyed working to this.

Dillinger wrote:Appreciation for the delays, 2:44 for example.

Enjoyed working to this.
Many thanks, yes, the delays seemed to help the overall feel of the track, glad it helped your working time :)

Cool dubby track with constantly evolving effects.

I would have liked it to move to a completely different section. All the sound seems concentrated in the mid-range frequencies.

Good job overall. :tu:

I liked it but i think it could be better with some bottom end. I was hearing a meandering jazz bass line sort of soloing against it. Kind of like Lou Reed’s Walk On The Wild Side but busier.

Frantz wrote:Cool dubby track with constantly evolving effects.

I would have liked it to move to a completely different section. All the sound seems concentrated in the mid-range frequencies.

Good job overall. :tu:
Many thanks, I think the nature of the track was down to my limited use of the synth I had DL and used to make it, a different section would be good, I'll see if I can break my reserve and go at it again :D
fastlanephil wrote:I liked it but i think it could be better with some bottom end. I was hearing a meandering jazz bass line sort of soloing against it. Kind of like Lou Reed’s Walk On The Wild Side but busier.
Many thanks, yes, I tried to play in as much as possible to give it a live feel, I don't know how much that helped?
I think you may have just hit on my ^ above response, I'll see if this synth I'm using can do a nice bass and hopefully get a better track. :D

vaporwavey
quite nice and soothing, although i always got the feeling it was getting ready to go somewhere and it never seemed to--maybe that was intentional.

sleepcircle wrote:vaporwavey
quite nice and soothing, although i always got the feeling it was getting ready to go somewhere and it never seemed to--maybe that was intentional.
Thanks, it was intended, I end up going round in circles most of the time and this is often the same with the music I make.

This works very well as a late-night piece of relaxed easy listening, but I could also imagine it with a manic DnB percussion/bass accompaniment.

Yeah, it's been a long day :ud:

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:This works very well as a late-night piece of relaxed easy listening, but I could also imagine it with a manic DnB percussion/bass accompaniment.

Yeah, it's been a long day :ud:

Good work :)
Thanks, I may try a mix with additional components @some point, I'm in a bit of a funk @present, so I may try and channel it :D

Listening to this after a nice dinner. It fits the bill beautifully. Relaxing and evolving...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”