bx_delay 2500

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote:Comparing it to Excalibur, which I am demoing because of the current promo,
its getting beat-up pretty badly. Even with my voucher, its only $7 cheaper than
the EA plugin's sale price.
Fyi if any one is interested

https://www.exponentialaudio.com/specia ... or-groove3

Wierdly, Paypal isnt an option though it is in the normal EA shop
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
pekbro wrote:Comparing it to Excalibur, which I am demoing because of the current promo,
its getting beat-up pretty badly. Even with my voucher, its only $7 cheaper than
the EA plugin's sale price.
Fyi if any one is interested

https://www.exponentialaudio.com/specia ... or-groove3

Wierdly, Paypal isnt an option though it is in the normal EA shop
Frankly to say i tried Excalibur demo once too, twisted it some time but not found nothing special though very want because was a big discount. The only thing free routing perhaps, but fx algos by itself seemed weak, and finally output fx section killed the last hope. Though noted very good optimisation, almost zero usage.
If speak about capabilities divided to price, i would remember rather Permut8 as example. (Or N20, though not cheap)

c_voltage wrote: Frankly to say i tried Excalibur demo once too, twisted it some time but not found nothing special though very want because was a big discount. The only thing free routing perhaps, but fx algos by itself seemed weak, and finally output fx section killed the last hope. Though noted very good optimisation, almost zero usage.
If speak about capabilities divided to price, i would remember rather Permut8 as example. (Or N20, though not cheap)
Personally, I think Excalibur is very good, precisely because of the algorithms, the pitch shifting
to me sounds top notch and better than most anything I've tried, excluding melodyne. The ringmod
as well, the rest of the fx, are good but not the best in the way of chorus, flange, phaser etc.
Anyway, certainly anyone could get by with other products, and definitely its quite expensive.

However, I am pretty tempted by the sale, yet still undecided. No doubt, many things can be said
about Carnes, but he definitely makes great plugins IHMO.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:
c_voltage wrote: Frankly to say i tried Excalibur demo once too, twisted it some time but not found nothing special though very want because was a big discount. The only thing free routing perhaps, but fx algos by itself seemed weak, and finally output fx section killed the last hope. Though noted very good optimisation, almost zero usage.
Personally, I think Excalibur is very good, precisely because of the algorithms, the pitch shifting
to me sounds top notch and better than most anything I've tried, excluding melodyne. The ringmod
as well, the rest of the fx, are good but not the best in the way of chorus, flange, phaser etc.
Anyway, certainly anyone could get by with other products, and definitely its quite expensive.

However, I am pretty tempted by the sale, yet still undecided. No doubt, many things can be said
about Carnes, but he definitely makes great plugins IHMO.

-Cheers
Well, difficult to say, if speech about classic tonal shifting (what presented in this case, as far as i remember, without extra features i mean), just it seemed to me that many pitchers including free ones works roughly the same way, but i can be wrong.
In general i not doubt that in Exponential audio good programmers, his products looks as high quality. In my opinion for Excalibur there is lack of presence of some more unusual\interesting algos in his outfit, like spectral or granular (or unusual features for existing simply algos), to justify its price, or for to closer to this. One pitch shifter even if it's good, not enough.
Oh btw i quickly looked Excalibut user manual again, no, i did mistake in previous post, this "only thing" what i mentioned was not free routing, i wanted to say complex modulation, it is.

I’ve had a smal, play with this one, I’m liking it already. Although I was having difficulty getting any times below 15ms for doubling purposes.

@c_voltage

Yeah I dunno, its like bitcrushers, you would think they should all sound the same,
as they work in the same way, yet imho some sound markedly better than others
for whatever reason.

Anyway, I do like this plugin, although I'm not finding it particularly inspiring for
some reason. I have still not seen fit to buy it.

-Cheers

This bx_delay looks like a joke at that price. There are so many good delays out there.

Excalibur is my go-to. It took a while to learn all the modulation, but I love it. I've been able to get just about any sound I wanted out of it. The free Groove3 videos are nice bonus for EA customers.

comfortablynick wrote:This bx_delay looks like a joke at that price. There are so many good delays out there.

Excalibur is my go-to. It took a while to learn all the modulation, but I love it. I've been able to get just about any sound I wanted out of it. The free Groove3 videos are nice bonus for EA customers.
It was certainly hard to ignore, especially for those of us who seem to buy PA plugins like a they're a drug addiction!! Haha!!

:party: There’s a 48hour flash sale.
It’s $49 with a bonus code and you can use your vouchers. Just got it for $25 :hyper:

Got it free with a voucher. I wanna refund for my time ahahahaha

Cant get under 15ms and the fx are all serial and post feedback sum. Gota put that shit on a send and I cant even fake likin it. Saves no time and the crunch sounds more crap than what I already got in cubase for nothin... I mean who needs this? Its a f*ckin joke man...

That bad eh? Think I'll pass. I have about a zillion other options anyway :hihi:

simmo75 wrote::party: There’s a 48hour flash sale.
It’s $49 with a bonus code and you can use your vouchers. Just got it for $25 :hyper:
The same here. What about post above, no, i would not say that it's a usual shit, there is some interesting moments inside. I would say, his dynamic-based nature (transienter and ducking) somewhat improve the situation. I very liked how works "Make Up" knob in transient section, sometimes in combination with distortion. I'm sure for such price it's quite good addition to delays collection. But, if speak about retail price (even about discount price but if without coupons), it's definitely abnormal for such setting.

It's not the best or most cool delay I own and I own quite a few :P .. but according to my opinion it's absolutely not a bad delay.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

c_voltage wrote:. What about post above, no, i would not say that it's a usual shit, there is some interesting moments inside.
I think the post above is referring to Excalibur not bx_delay
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I think it's pretty save to say he's talking about BX_delay, not Excalibur.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”