IKM plugins not resizable WTF?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's good to see more and more people start seeing IKM for what they really are: money grabbing crooks who don't care about their customers.

Spread the word so it will hurt them where it hurts the most: in their pockets.

This is just the problem, everyone wants something for nothing.

So okay that add a feature to the old version for nothing, okay, I’ll admit that’s fair, but then people will be screaming for the next feature. Maybe it’s the ability to run the new Leslie. So okay that add that then, what next?? What’s the next thing that people are going to get jacked about??

So in the end they’re doing all this for free. They can’t pay the bills, can’t feed their families, they can’t afford to keep coming out with new updates.

A line ALWAYS has to be drawn somewhere.

All I can see is a pack of money hungry, greedy selfish users. No I don’t mean everyone, but you know who you are. IK aren’t the only people who have to subscribe to this kind of model of income, every developer does. Actually, that is true for any product manufacturing business.

I know it doesn’t always seem fair or convenient. My wallet often hurts. I have other expenses, there are updates I often have to sit on until I have available cash. It’s just the nature of the beast.

In all fairness T-Racks does end up on sale quite often enough. If resisability is THAT important to you, then make an investment.

I think you're missing the point here. IKM deliberately cripples their plugins if you buy them separately. The same plugin when purchased in the T-Racks bundle has more features than when purchased separately.
It's not some 'old version', it's exactly the same plugin as in T-Racks, but because you didn't spend enough money to buy the whole bundle, you receive a crippled version of the plugin as punishment.

Reefius wrote:I think you're missing the point here. IKM deliberately cripples their plugins if you buy them separately. The same plugin when purchased in the T-Racks bundle has more features than when purchased separately.
It's not some 'old version', it's exactly the same plugin as in T-Racks, but because you didn't spend enough money to buy the whole bundle, you receive a crippled version of the plugin as punishment.
I have criticized IKM in many occasions, over the past years (just see e. g. the Kvr IKM threads). But this issue, deliberately crippling the product, if you buy the cheaper version (or just update), is not uncommon. You can see that in cars, electronics etc. The feature may be inbuilt in the product, but its not activated, if you don't pay some (more) cash.
I don't like IK's marketing, and pricing, or how they treat their loyal customers.
When I updated my Tracks 4 plugins, I didn't expect getting the ver. 5 feature, without paying more money (and I didn't). I'm not quite aware of the OP's case.
I own about 30 IKM effects and instrument plugins, I have often paid the full price (or high price), only to see, that IKM has sold the same software much cheaper to a totally new customer, soon after my purchase.
Why I buy IKM products? - because many of them sound sound so damn good.

It’s just one of the nasty side effects living in a “capitalist” society.

Return to “Effects”