Softube clouds > granular synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You know, you can demo Softube for two weeks (or more?) and determine for yourself the difference instead of slaggin on them without even experiencing their instruments and effects for yourself (I.e. Modular and add-ons).

perpetual3 wrote:You know, you can demo Softube for two weeks (or more?) and determine for yourself the difference instead of slaggin on them without even experiencing their instruments and effects for yourself (I.e. Modular and add-ons).
And how do you know I don't have them? :roll:

Did it ever occured to you know I am talking because I actually have Softube plug-ins (including Modular)?

And when did I say they sound bad?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:You know, you can demo Softube for two weeks (or more?) and determine for yourself the difference instead of slaggin on them without even experiencing their instruments and effects for yourself (I.e. Modular and add-ons).
And how do you know I don't have them? :roll:

Did it ever occured to you know I am talking because I actually have Softube plug-ins (including Modular)?

And when did I say they sound bad?
I assume you do not have them because you did not explicitly say so.

You do not say they sound bad, and I didn’t explicitly say that you did, but you are criticizing (slagging) them.

It would have been clearer to say something like: “I have Softube Modular. I think they sound good, but....”

Peace.

fmr wrote: So, since it's the Softube "framework", it has to be better, right from the beginning?

Good for them there are people thinking like you. :hihi:

Unfortunately for them, it seems those people are becoming rare. :roll:
It runs in the Softube framework and obviously I bought Softube Clouds so I know how it sounds.
You can make the best dsp whatever in Max for Live, it's not going the sound as good as Reaktor because of the better sound engine of the Reaktor framework.

I guess most people are having trouble with the greedy politics of Softube, but you can't say their software sounds bad. I don't like their politics either but for 20-ish dollars I'm not going to deprive myself from this Cloud module.
But don't like it, ... don't buy it. But don't nag about it either. :hyper:

Stefken wrote: I guess most people are having trouble with the greedy politics of Softube, but you can't say their software sounds bad. I don't like their politics either but for 20-ish dollars I'm not going to deprive myself from this Cloud module.
But don't like it, ... don't buy it. But don't nag about it either. :hyper:
I didn't say their software sounds bad, I criticize Softube themselves, and their policy. And you recognize yourself they are greedy.

I bought Modular the moment it was launched, because, at the time, there were basically no alternatives (except maybe Reaktor 6). But I was upset about the price of their "extra modules" (weirdly launched ate the same time as the main product) and I didn't buy anyone of them, hoping they would lower the price. Not only they didn't, they even failed in releasing the promised patch browser, which took like two years to come out (and still isn't satisfactory).

Also, they basically left the core Modular as it was in the beginning (which is really, really basic and primitive), and all the modules they are launching are way overpriced. So yes, I am "nagging" (as you say), or bash, or beating, but Softube Modular is a complete fail, IMO. So much so that I completely lost my interest in it, especially when I have things like VCV now. I have three FX packs also, but I will not spend another single dime in Softube.

My advice to anyone interested in this stuff is to check VCV, and forget Modular.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

VCV is excellent and free, I don't see how anyone can complete with excellent and free! It also seems to have the support of a lot of well know and truly excellent coders from the modular world who embrace the 'open source' and DIY modular culture, so its really a win-win for VCV whos long term future and development seems assured.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This thread had me reinstalling VCV Rack yesterday, after almost a year, as I missed the fact it can now be easily controlled from the DAW.

I just spent hours on the thing... beautiful, just beautiful :o :hug: :love:

Return to “Instruments”