Anyone working with melodyne? Had it crashed your OS?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, anyone had problems with melodyne BSOD windows before?

I got a blue screen as soon as I fired it up.

stop message:

0x000000C5 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8054AFD2)
xp pro sp2

tried their forum and googled without results.

anyone had this problem?

Thanks

What exact build are you using?
stay juicy!

Melodyne Plug-in has never had any stability issues for me.

Uncle E wrote:Melodyne Plug-in has never had any stability issues for me.

Melodyne is weak sauce.

cheap

no BSODs here
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

no problems so far here (on intelmac)

xp pro sp2

Toneport UX2

I'll look into the dumps more, maybe a conflict without some drivers that I had.

if anyone have a obvious solution tho, I'd appreciate that.

cycla wrote:xp pro sp2

Toneport UX2

I'll look into the dumps more, maybe a conflict without some drivers that I had.

if anyone have a obvious solution tho, I'd appreciate that.
I'll go out on a limb and bet that your Toneport is a suspect. I've noticed that my Toneport UX2 noticeably slows applications compared to other audio interfaces I have.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

Nope, Melodyne is garbage. I launched it and it prodded me to update it, so I started following its prompts. I went to shut down my project (Bitwig) and it BSOD on me. Had to be Melodyne. I’d been working with everything else in the project for months. When I recovered my file was totally f’d up.

Never buy Melodyne. Ever.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Crashed MuLab for me once but all in all solid.

TonePort UX2?! Ouch. Have one. Will send it away to someone I don't like. Bought Focusrite Scarlett instead. Never again Line6. Now that is a recipe for disaster!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Oh with XP it might actually work. It won't under Win 10 but with Win 7. New version of Melodyne on XP... who knows!
Go MuLab!

This is a zombie thread. The OP was using XP in 2008, he's probably not still using it in 2018.

FTR, I've used Melodyne every time I've worked on music for the last 4-5 years and cannot remember ever having a crash because of it.

Ah you're right! I just thought the OP was being eccentric! :hihi:
Go MuLab!

Just an FYI... BSODs are more than likely related to hardware or driver issues, not software.
Peace...
bluzkat

Return to “Instruments”