What are you eating right now?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
woggle
KVRAF
2158 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Post Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:16 pm

dried dates and figs

Hink
Rad Grandad
27483 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: What are you eating right now?

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:44 am

Today same recipe but mahi mahi, came out awesome. I got myself a new grill for my b-day and someone gave a meat/veggie slicer which so far has only sliced veggies and cheese but boy I like the thin slices I get. This fish recipe works with a lot of types of fish and is so simple, plus it's easy to do doctor. 8)

chk071
KVRAF
17623 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:52 am

Peanuts.

nocturnal owl
KVRist
190 posts since 17 Feb, 2016 from west coast somewhere USA....

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Tamale + taco

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10771 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:08 am

'Raw' cashews :love:

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:43 pm

that happened :oops: I made the same fish like above but like I said it's easy to dr so I always step it up. Today it was to be with sliced fresh tomatoes and garlic (plus the peppers, onions, paprika, butter and lemon) but I seriously goofed. Instead of paprika I grabbed cinnamon and used that, not a lot though. I noticed my mistake but continued on leaving out the garlic and then wrapped it in foil and tossed it on the grill.

It wasn't a lot of cinnamon but it worked well with the lemon, I'm not sure it's best on the grill because the other way gets more grilly tasting but with cinnamon would be great in the oven during the fall perhaps with baked apples on the side. I made a yummy goof :D

Delta Sign
KVRian
524 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:27 pm

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:'Raw' cashews :love:
This! The ultimate snack :hihi:
Lots of zinc and quite a bit of protein but also quite a bit of fat, but that's not really too much of a problem on a somewhat balanced diet.
I put ~100g in a bowl to snack on every day.

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:03 pm

another day another fish in foil variation. Haddock drizzled with lemon, covered with salsa, thinly sliced vadalia onions, peppers and tomato and topped with paprika. This was really, really good, the other ways I made it called for butter but I used none with the salsa.

(sorry, a little blurry, taken with phone)

finished product after 8 minutes on the grill
:love: :love:

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:15 pm

The spoils of living on the Maine coast, two of us vs 10 of them :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unaspected
KVRist
477 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Hink wrote:The spoils of living on the Maine coast, two of us vs 10 of them :tu:
Very nice. I love seafood. :)

I am currently eating some salmon.

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:48 am

I love salmon, starting this fall they are building the biggest indoor salmon farm on the east coast right here in my little town. It use to be a huge paper mill but closed up years ago killing this town for a bit but this new farm is going to be awesome for everyone (said downturn in the economy did help me buy this house low and now values are climbing). Obviously I eat a lot of seafood but to be honest I really prefer steamers over lobsta, this was the best lobsta though because it was free, my lady friend won them in a rotary club raffle :D

Unaspected
KVRist
477 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:44 am

Hink wrote:I love salmon, starting this fall they are building the biggest indoor salmon farm on the east coast right here in my little town. It use to be a huge paper mill but closed up years ago killing this town for a bit but this new farm is going to be awesome for everyone (said downturn in the economy did help me buy this house low and now values are climbing). Obviously I eat a lot of seafood but to be honest I really prefer steamers over lobsta, this was the best lobsta though because it was free, my lady friend won them in a rotary club raffle :D
I've never experienced the joy of free lobster but I bet it feels good. :)

CircuitEYE
KVRist
80 posts since 11 Sep, 2017

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:26 am

Canadian Lobster cant be beat....

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:32 am

CircuitEYE wrote:Canadian Lobster cant be beat....
beat? No I wouldn't say it could be beat because they aint got no borders and are in the same water...but Maine lobsta is, well Maine lobsta...you guys got everything else, let us keep at least that :P

vurt
addled muppet weed
38439 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:35 am

my pet lobster gerwain just left the room in disgust!

Return to “Off Topic”