Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Mathematics
KVRist

292 posts since 10 Sep, 2015, from You haven't unlocked this character yet

Postby Mathematics; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:06 pm Zoom UAC-2, opinions? On the subject MOTU 624 and 8A

I'm thinking of buying this for when I go mobile but I know the drivers for Windows and apparently for Mac, originally were sub-par at first release. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I want USB 3.0, not 2.0. I'm on a PC, not a Mac. I'll be using Ableton Live and Pro Tools. To be honest, I'd rather buy RME or MOTU 624 (or even the MOTU 8A to double as a desktop backup interface for those special moments) because I also run Performer and so MOTU plays nicer with MOTU...especially on Windows, but this is for a mobile setup and I'm not spending another $700+ for a mobile interface. I'd like to keep it under a couple hundred at most. In fact, the only reason I'm looking at this interface is stictly for the price.

I already have a fancy desktop setup, so this is most definitely not for that. I want to know people's experience with this particular unit but I am open to suggestions to other USB 3.0 units you have experience with. In fact, does anyone have any experience with the MOTU 624 or 8A?
Last edited by Mathematics on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"
Etienne1973
KVRist

290 posts since 7 Feb, 2013, from Switzerland

Postby Etienne1973; Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:30 am Re: Zoom UAC-2, opinions? On the subject MOTU 624 and 8A

I would go the MOTU 624/8A route. Because future driver support is more save. Just a thought.
Mathematics
KVRist

292 posts since 10 Sep, 2015, from You haven't unlocked this character yet

Postby Mathematics; Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 am Re: Zoom UAC-2, opinions? On the subject MOTU 624 and 8A

Do you speak from experience with either of the two devices? I also own, now legacy, MOTU hardware; and the drivers still work on Windows 10. Then again, a lot of popular legacy gear still runs on W10.

I'm actually interested in the Zoom though because of the cost/function and not the other way around, hence function/cost. If it were the latter, then I would not have asked because I have experience with MOTU gear.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)