Portamento/slides not working within Shreddage 2 IBZ

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all. I've been using Shreddage IBZ for about 5 months now, and I haven't been able to use the portamento feature.

All other articulations appear to work fine (Ho/Po, Palm mutes, pinch harmonics etc.)

Am I doing this right? Portamento is activated and the velocity is between 0 and 127.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you're using the default setup of things, hammer/pull will have precedence before portamento because it's earlier in the list. Actually the initial setting is shared with the Mute articulation (vel 0-59). So you could change where the mutes are, or disable them, or move them to a keyswitch instead.

EvilDragon wrote:If you're using the default setup of things, hammer/pull will have precedence before portamento because it's earlier in the list. Actually the initial setting is shared with the Mute articulation (vel 0-59). So you could change where the mutes are, or disable them, or move them to a keyswitch instead.
That's another problem, I can trigger them when hammer/pulls are off completely, otherwise nothing will happen despite the notes being overlapped. I would change it to a keyswitch, but they just don't seem to work for slides. All the other keyswitches are fine. I've made sure they are no keyswitch overlaps, but they still don't work unfortunately.

Hm, I can confirm indeed that when portamento is set to KS it doesn't work... It does seem to be a bug, then.

I don't use these too often but I figured out how to get it working.
Set it to a keyswitch, AND have the destination note be velocity 59 or lower.
Really tricky bug.
Works on all S2 guitars, as I tested and expected.

Now to figure out how to get "Upstroke" KS and Velocity>Volume working...
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

You can adjust the min/max velocity on Articulations page... velocity doesn't have to be lower than 59 to get the slides happening.

Vel>Volume seems to work fine here, but I confirm that Up Only keyswitch doesn't work. Could be that the calculation is off by one for the Picking Mode keyswitch range...

EvilDragon wrote:You can adjust the min/max velocity on Articulations page... velocity doesn't have to be lower than 59 to get the slides happening.

Vel>Volume seems to work fine here, but I confirm that Up Only keyswitch doesn't work. Could be that the calculation is off by one for the Picking Mode keyswitch range...
That's really weird. I swear it was taking me forever to figure out how to get it to work. It was with something closer to default settings. And then when I tried the KS+velocity thing yesterday, magic. It suddenly works again, with KS or velocity... I must be bonkers. Maybe I did something wrong.

I was inclined to believe I was doing something wrong on the upstroke keyswitch, but okay you confirming that it doesn't work makes me feel a tad better I guess? :D

I'll go ahead and mess with Vel > Vol some more. It was acting strangely/not working at all last time I checked. Someone else on the forum reported it wasn't working for them and it turned out it wasn't working for me either.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Return to “Impact Soundworks”